• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where would you like to see the next region?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I want one of these: Africa, UK, Australasia. ^_^

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • I'd actually want either a region based on Australia with deserts and coral reefs and a lot of dangerous and interesting species.

Or a region based on Scandinavia with amazing mountains, tundra, deep forests, beautiful archipelago, northern lights and some new moose and elk pokémon. The region would be sort of wild and stark, but also very modern. The plot could have something to do with science meets fairytales... Unless that'd be close to Kalos' story haha. We'd need a gnome pokémon having some crucial part in the plot. Or at least being a legendary. It's a bit of a pity that they used the viking theme for Kalos' legendaries :/

Yes I want a region based on Scandinavia, complete with Estonia and Iceland. Ok this is the Hetalia fan girl in me. Scandinavia would make a great region

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I have no strong opinion on this. All of the suggestions and ideas above I wholeheartedly agree with; they'd all make for fantastic regions. I think of my favorites, though, I'd choose China or even Africa. Imagine a Madagascar-themed island for the latter. That'd be fantastic!

I'll throw Spain out there as well. It seems like an interesting and culturally rich country.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2015
    China, either Shanghai or Hong Kong, would make for a pretty interesting region. Hong Kong especially has an interesting landscape and skyline which would easily lend itself as a new Pokemon region.

I have no strong opinion on this. All of the suggestions and ideas above I wholeheartedly agree with; they'd all make for fantastic regions. I think of my favorites, though, I'd choose China or even Africa. Imagine a Madagascar-themed island for the latter. That'd be fantastic!

China is beautiful, but its very unlikely a region based on there, due to Japan and China rivalry

What about Italy? Venice, Rome, Pompeii... The villain team could be based on the mafia

Years
  • I'd actually want either a region based on Australia with deserts and coral reefs and a lot of dangerous and interesting species.

Or a region based on Scandinavia with amazing mountains, tundra, deep forests, beautiful archipelago, northern lights and some new moose and elk pokémon. The region would be sort of wild and stark, but also very modern. The plot could have something to do with science meets fairytales... Unless that'd be close to Kalos' story haha. We'd need a gnome pokémon having some crucial part in the plot. Or at least being a legendary. It's a bit of a pity that they used the viking theme for Kalos' legendaries :/

[IMG][/QUOTE]

Scandinavia as a region would be fantastic!
    Norway, Sweden and Denmark all have some fascinating history, also there's the Faroese archipelago with distinct birds.

But yeah, it's a pity that they already used the viking theme for Kalos, but there is enough legends in Scandinavia to make up for it :P

Benamon

Programmer and fan
    Years
  • I personally think siberia is really pretty and has enough biodiversity to support a pokemon region. I'd go in depth but mobile typing is a pain

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I would love to go to a region that has a lot of snow in it. Part of the reason why I enjoy Sinnoh so much is because it has that snowy region. The only two snowy cities are Snowpoint City in Sinnoh and Snowbelle City in Kalos. I wish for the next games to have a bigger portion of the map that's snowy, perhaps with new Ice and Water Pokemon.

Lunalie

Years
  • My biggest reason is the variety of weather; during the time I lived there, summer got as hot as 37 degrees celsius, yet winter got cold enough that parts of the country even got snow.
    You would love the American Midwest then. Where I live the summer goes as hot as 40 degrees Celsius and winter can be as cold as -22 degrees Celsius, Thank Illinois.

Volcanic

Am I squirtley enough for the squirtle club?
    Years
  • I'm only half actually suggesting this: Texas.
    Texas has a pretty wide variety of landscapes. The west side is very dry and desert like (how most people actually think of Texas), the east side is full of trees (called the Piney Woods, actually), the south east is on the coast with tons of beaches. There is an area on the coast where oil drilling and transport is big. I'm thinking like a bunch of poison types like muk and stuff.
    Then in the more central area there are a lot of big cities. There could be a twin-city like feel with Dallas and Ft Worth, or there is Houston, or something cool with San Antonio and the river walk and the Alamo.
    The only thing we'd be missing, and it's always my favorite portion of the games, would be the snowy area.

Just thought I'd throw this one out there though (:

Back