• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Where'd Cyrus go, anyway?

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
  • Idk if this should go in general, but the Giovanni thing was here, so I thought I'd make this.

As you can see from my theme, I'm a bit obsessed with Team Galactic and Cyrus. IDK why. Really. But, I've always wondered this- What happened to Cyrus when you left in Platinum? Did he die? I think that's what most people think but there are a lot of possible ideas. I kinda doubt that he died, no one dies in Pokemon, except Agatha, and that was never really stressed, but...Yeah. Just post stuff.

Sorry if this is a weird topic, I fail at making topics.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
    Years
  • Most likely Looker, being an amazing popo, caught Cyrus and locked him away. He most likely did this because he came to unovva he must have finished his job of cathing Curus and went to unova for his next assignment

Doa

Analyzer
    Years
  • Most likely Looker, being an amazing popo, caught Cyrus and locked him away. He most likely did this because he came to unovva he must have finished his job of cathing Curus and went to unova for his next assignment
    Looker must be remarkably amazing if he can drag Cyrus out of the Distortion World. Cyrus just stayed there vowing to carry out his plan (despite the obvious impossibility in doing so).

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • According to the HeartGold/SoulSilver storyline, I recall him (in the postgame) being dropped out of the Distortion World into Johto before the player battles the Sinnoh gym leader in the Ecruteak Gym. After being defeated by the player it is assumed that he roams off to "reclaim the universe" or whatever. Because Looker was an international policeman I think its fact that he would have the ability to track him down even in Johto, and it can be easily assumed that he actually did or didn't, either way is possible.

Zayphora

Years
  • AlexTheRose, where'd you find that? I never had any idea of that.

Plus Looker, although epic, is so clueless, he probably couldn't arrest his own shoe.

Not that I know why he would, though. His shoe is quite law abiding.

Come to think of it I remember Cyrus saying something like "Go ahead and attempt to catch Giratina. You are only fulfilling my plan. You inherit my legacy"

Sounds like he's not coming back...

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think Cyrus might have pulled a Giovanni on us. He could have stayed or left the Distortion world.
    If he stayed, like Doa said, he would have tried to finish his plans. While Girantina is chasing him the live long day, everyday.
    If he left then he could be a hermit and be training to be stronger and carry out his plan out again. He could be anywhere.
    Or he has seen the errors of his ways, turned himself in (sometime Post-Game) and Looker doesn't even bother the Protagonist to say this. Meanwhile on the Battle Frontier... "I wonder what happened to that dude that I saved the world from? Hmmm... Oh well! Time to beat some noobs at the Battle Tower!"

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
    Years
  • Looker must be remarkably amazing if he can drag Cyrus out of the Distortion World. Cyrus just stayed there vowing to carry out his plan (despite the obvious impossibility in doing so).

Yes that is why Looker is amazing, only a genious would be able to do that 😜

According to the HeartGold/SoulSilver storyline, I recall him (in the postgame) being dropped out of the Distortion World into Johto before the player battles the Sinnoh gym leader in the Ecruteak Gym. After being defeated by the player it is assumed that he roams off to "reclaim the universe" or whatever. Because Looker was an international policeman I think its fact that he would have the ability to track him down even in Johto, and it can be easily assumed that he actually did or didn't, either way is possible.

Wow where did you find this out it seems very likely to happened

frosting

Inactive Account PM if Wanted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2012
    That's really interesting..I've actually thought about this myself.

I believe they couldn't get Cyrus out of the Distortion World, so they had to send down Paris Hilton, who then tortured him to death.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Mars, still being obsessed with finding him, goes to the Distortion World, finds Cyrus, and drags him out of there. They later flee to Unova and have a Vegas-style wedding in Nimbasa (the most Vegas-style town in the Pokemon games).

That's my take, anyway.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • Well I bulbapedia'ed it
    If the player fled from Giratina
    "That shadowy Pokémon... You quelled its rage by refusing to battle it?!"
    "Silence! Enough of your blathering! That's how you justify spirit as something worthwhile?! That is merely humans hoping, deluding themselves that they are happy and safe! The emotions roiling inside me... Rage, hatred, frustration... These ugly emotions arise because of my own incomplete spirit! ... Enough. We will never see eye to eye. This, I promise you. I will break the secrets of the world. With that knowledge, I will create my own complete and perfect world. One day, you will awaken to a world of my creation. A world without spirit."

Everyone keeps talking about what happens when you capture him but if you flee he says all that stuff so my guess is whatever happened he most likely stayed in the distorted world and to this day he's changing things there to try and change things in this world. Of course Giratina wouldn't like that much so I suppose Giratina keeps attacking him to keep everything the same or as much the same as possible.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    Id like to see an event in B/W 2. You get a Girintina, and go to certain point in the game. When you bring the Girintina to that point, you gain access to the distortion world. At the end of a hallway, you can battle Cyrus. That would be awesome...

Zayphora

Years
  • Id like to see an event in B/W 2. You get a Girintina, and go to certain point in the game. When you bring the Girintina to that point, you gain access to the distortion world. At the end of a hallway, you can battle Cyrus. That would be awesome...

THAT WOULD BE SO AMAZINGLICIOUSLY PERFECTLY EPIC I think I'd die of epicness if that happened...

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • Id like to see an event in B/W 2. You get a Girintina, and go to certain point in the game. When you bring the Girintina to that point, you gain access to the distortion world. At the end of a hallway, you can battle Cyrus. That would be awesome...

That is the best idea EVER!
    I would completely support that. I always thought cyrus stayed in the distortion world, so that idea seems very likely to me.

Years
  • I think he died. Or, made a new species of Pokemon with Giratina.
    Isn't Giratina genderless? And the new name for that species... um, Cyratina?
    Cyratina the Ghost/Dragon/Insane Pokehuman!
    Pokedex: Loathes Humans and will try to disrupt their daily lives through the Distortion World. Lives in the Distortion World's version of Disney Land with Cyrus and Giratina.
    Yeah, now that's disturbing.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I really liked Cyrus and I wish he'd make an appearance in more games, as for where he went who knows... he may later return.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • Cyrus probably got out of the distortion world through that portal that you and Cynthia forgot to close, and he's probably stuck in Turnback cave or something

Ah, but I caught Giratina; meaning I used it to close it. Wouldn't want people stumbling through, would we?

I think he's in the distortion world; probably you don't have to eat there, and it's a kind of wierd para dimensional thing trapped in time so he'll never die... what a horrible fate.

Years
  • He's off somewhere, chillin' with Giovanni, Archie, Maxie, and Ghetsis and being depressed that his plans were foiled by a pre-teen.

In all seriousness...I dunno. Sure, there's what he said if you fled from Giratina, but if you caught or defeated it, he says this-

"That Pokémon... That shadowy Pokémon was captured/defeated?! Your doing so means that this irrational world will remain in existence! Does that make it impossible for me to create a new world? Even if I made new Red Chains, the new world can't be made! Why?! What compels you to protect the two worlds? Is spirit, a vague and incomplete thing, so important to you?!"

So, I guess it really depends on which one is canon- the player catching/defeating Giratina, or running from it. Either way, I'm sure he's still out there, and we'll likely see him again at some point. Who knows, maybe he'll have done a Heel Face Turn and stopped with the evil scheming and ditched those goofy looking grunts.

Back