• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which browser do you use the most?

Which browser do you use the most?

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 40 28.6%
  • Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 86 61.4%
  • Opera

Votes: 13 9.3%
  • Netscape

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I use Firefox 2, though definately not for any add-ons; I like its ease of use, simplicity and clean look (I hate Vista-style shiny). Internet Explorer 7 is too shiny and annoying for me, it is more liable to crash, and it doesn't even have that ever-essential toolbar (you know, starts with File and ends with Tools and Help) by default. D:

... You forgot Safari, by the way.

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    Well i use internet explorer 7..firefox is too...firefoxish and hardly anybody uses it,and i personally think it has too many tools >.< I dont think its "shiny"or "annoying" i find it simple to use and fast,never crashes,ftw...oh yea cool thread (:

EDIT: Wow.never knew how many people use firefox! Oh well internet is still better for me!

Allen-kun

Banned
    Years
    IE.

Since my computer came with it and I don't see the point in downloading FF if I have IE.

And I've used FF before, but it was slower for some reason...

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I usually use Firefox, 'cause it's more handy with all those tabs then having thousands of separate windows... =O (not literally, but you know what I mean ^^")
    But for some reason, if I access hotmail via MSN, it opens in IE, and then the PC goes really slow. x3

Upgrade Internet Explorer to 7 then.

I use Mozilla Firefox simply because I've gotten use to it and the user interface of Internet Explorer 7 is horrible.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Wow i just tried Firefox...and the result....
    It kicks but! Its so fast and reliable and also saves me from viruses^^

~Celebi

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I'm too lazy to download Firefox, so I just use IE. Until IE actually starts showing problems, I don't see myself switching anytime soon.

Falthor

Flaming Bravery ++
    Years
    Firefox ftw, it's fast, and it's just awesome.

True; I've used Firefox on my PCs I've had, but now, since I use a Mac, I use Safari. I don't want to sound like that kind of person who attempts to force everyone to get something, but Safari, according to the statistics, is faster than Firefox (who is 2nd in terms of browsers), Opera (3rd), and Inept Exploder, er... IE (dead last).

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    I use Fox McCloud's up + B Smash move. =p

Yes, I use Firefox, sweeties. It's great, and it would be the only internet browser I would be caught dead using on my PC.

Years
    Gawd, I couldn't live without Opera. It is so much sleaker and faster then any other browser out on the market. It comes with all the main, important extensions that Firefox does, and you can customize Opera to add more. The ONLY reason one should stick with Firefox over Opera is if there are a few obscure extensions out there that you can't live without, and Opera doesn't have. But if you are just sticking to core stuff like Mouse Gestures, then Opera has all your needs- and more without eating away your memory and screen space.

True; I've used Firefox on my PCs I've had, but now, since I use a Mac, I use Safari. I don't want to sound like that kind of person who attempts to force everyone to get something, but Safari, according to the statistics, is faster than Firefox (who is 2nd in terms of browsers), Opera (3rd), and Inept Exploder, er... IE (dead last).
    Actually Opera is the fasted browser on ALL machines. It is closer on a Mac, since it loses out to other browsers in certain speed categories, but in Windows it is a sweep.
    howtocreate.co.uk/browserSpeed.html {can't link to source cause of post restriction...}

Years
    Sorry to bring back a dead thread, happened upon it and paid no attention to the date.
    Hopefully noone is too offended since it's not like it's an ongoing discussion or anything.

Again, apologies
    Castro

I feel immature now. :(

But seriously, I've never heard of Opera or Netscape at all until reading this thread. But like you said, it's probably because they're older than the current browsers a lot of people, and myself, use.

Haha, and Vista, I think the sexy buttons and miniscule effects that do nothing are worth the grind. I'm used to using IE on it though, so the flashiness of Vista only makes it more bearable. Thus why I use FF on XP. :)

Opera is constantly updated, and the only browser I will use anymore as both IE and Firefox are slower performing than opera, and that Firefox just has way too much bloat, it drives me nuts.

And don't even get me started on "I use firefox because it has all the plugins I could want!!"

Opera integrates so many features, and you can easily do anything Firefox does with opera. I lived for years on firefox with a bunch of plugins, I can't live without tabs, and I really enjoyed firefox, but then one day I switched to opera.
    I hated it.
    Then a month or so later I played with it for about ten minutes.
    I can't use anything else now.

Opera is much faster, much nicer, and just plain better than IE or Firefox.

End Discussion. (As far as my opinions are involved anyway)

I almost forgot.

MOUSE GESTURES
    If I had the incentive I'd change windows explorer to allow for mouse gestures.
    I constantly find myself trying to go back in explorer with my mouse gestures.
    They're weird at first, but I couldn't do without them now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2009
    I used Opera until Firefox 3 came out. So glad I switched, this browser is nearly perfect. Chrome is nice too, simple and fast. IE is horrible though. I can't even open it on my laptop without it crashing :(.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Sorry to bring back a dead thread, happened upon it and paid no attention to the date.
    Hopefully noone is too offended since it's not like it's an ongoing discussion or anything.

Again, apologies
    Castro

Opera is constantly updated, and the only browser I will use anymore as both IE and Firefox are slower performing than opera, and that Firefox just has way too much bloat, it drives me nuts.

And don't even get me started on "I use firefox because it has all the plugins I could want!!"

Opera integrates so many features, and you can easily do anything Firefox does with opera. I lived for years on firefox with a bunch of plugins, I can't live without tabs, and I really enjoyed firefox, but then one day I switched to opera.
    I hated it.
    Then a month or so later I played with it for about ten minutes.
    I can't use anything else now.

Opera is much faster, much nicer, and just plain better than IE or Firefox.

End Discussion. (As far as my opinions are involved anyway)

I almost forgot.

MOUSE GESTURES
    If I had the incentive I'd change windows explorer to allow for mouse gestures.
    I constantly find myself trying to go back in explorer with my mouse gestures.
    They're weird at first, but I couldn't do without them now.
    ...if you know you're reviving a thread, don't do it. <_<

I think we've already got a "favourite browser" thread so discussion can go there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back