• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which console had the best Pokémon games?

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2022
    GBA had many of the earlier Gens on them, so I will go with GBA.
    R/B
    G/S
    R/S

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but Black was pretty cool, on DS.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2020
    Mine was definitely the game boy just cause that's what I grew up on and got big into Pokémon. But I did enjoy the DS games.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Going with 'the console the game was made for' (so ignoring the whole '3DS can play DS games', etc.), the DS. Platinum, HGSS and B2W2 are my favourite games of the series, and they're all DS games. I'd say it's a high point of the series.

GCN for spinoffs, because that had Colosseum and XD: GoD.

Years
    personally it's the DS-era, but i'm going to go on a limb and also say the GCN-era, as well. i think Colosseum and XD:GoD are criminally underrated as games (even during their time) and both were highlights for me during that time period.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
    I'd say the DS because it had both of my favourite games in Pokémon Platinum and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky.

Back