• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Dark Type Dog is Most Popular?

Which dark type dog is your favorite?

• Mightyena

Votes: 13 14.6%
  • Houndoom

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Umbreon

Votes: 29 32.6%
  • Unable to decide

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Total voters

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
  • It's a hard choice, but I pick Houndoom over the other two because of Mightyena always seemed useless to me and Umbreon isn't always the fastest of the Eeveelutions.

Ayselipera

Umbreon for looks and Houndoom for actual usage.

So I guess Houndoom overall.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • The Eevee line is vulpine/feline. Foxes are more closely related to cats than dogs.

Just thought I'd mention that.
    Actually, Foxes are closely related to the canine species as it belongs in the Canidea Family, which is the same family canines derive from. As cats, they originate from the Felidea Family, which basically means Foxes are more closely related to dogs than they are to cats.

As for my answer to the topic however, my favorite Dark Type Dog Pokémon would really be Houndoom. A personal favorite to begin with, plus after owning a Doberman myself, I just really feel more likeness to Houndour/Houndoom than I do to the others. However, I will admit that all those listed here are pretty cool regardless of my chosen favorite.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
  • Houndoom is the best Dark type Pokemon out of the three listed because it's also a fire type Pokemon and the special attack skill is useful in many ways of competition.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • 'sup dawg

Houndoom. It's the most useful of them, being a great sweeper. Nasty Plot, Flash Fire and two great STABs can make it a strong (albeit frail, and rather slow in OU standards) sweeper. However, it is the ultimate switch-in to a Choiced Fire-type user like Typhlosion or Blaziken. (lol, Choice Scarf Eruption? Doggy lolz at you.)

Umbreon can Wishpass, but that's about it. BUT IT'S AN EEVEELUTION ZOMG SO CASH AMIRITE?! $_$

Mightyena...lolz. >_>

FluffyShaymin

A fluffy lil Shaymin
    Years
  • I choose Houndoom since i've always liked the way it looks better than the others. I like Umbreon as well, but not as much as Houndoom, and I never really liked Mightyena.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I can't decide between Umbreon and Houndoom. On one hand, Houndoom has an awesome second type and on the other, Umbreon looks cool and has a good moveset.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • Umbreon is a dog? I never knew that. are all the eeveelutions dogs?

Anyways getting back on topic, mightyena looks awesome so I chose him. Houndoom is pretty cool but Mightyena evolve from poochy! Poochy was the first RSE pokemon I caught. Every time I restarted my sapphire I always had mightyena in my team. Just thinking about him makes me feel nostalgic.

PunxsatownyPhil

The guy who still uses a GBC
    Years
  • Houndoom (not Houndour, you'll see why) is actually one of the starters in the mod I'm making. Along with Kabutops and Breloom.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Most popular? It wouldn't be Mightyena, because it doesn't really receive much attention. Umbreon might be pretty popular because it's an eeveelution. Houndoom is pretty appreciated because of it's design. My favorite is Houndoom.

Years
  • *Sigh*

Every time people classify a pokemon as a species, it turns into a discussion about that. Who honestly cares what Umbreon is? Just answer the question! GAWSH!

Hmmmm...... tough call between Umbreon and Houndoom. One is offensive, one is defensive so they're hard to compare stat wise. Houndoom has the "Devil's pet" look going, but Umbreon has the night/eclipse thing......*thinks hard*......I am kind of a sucker for fire types, despite the criticism they get......but I love Eevee.....

Awwwww screw it. Tie.

Tori

just got sponsored
    Years
  • its a tossup for me but if it were on move set it would definitely be houndour/houndoom

Back