• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which game do you prefer?

Years
  • Which game did you get, if you did?
    Soul Silver ^.^

Why did you get it?
    Well, when the original 2nd generation games came out, I got Pokemon Silver first for Christmas, then Gold the next day >.< I had a lot more progress done on Pokemon Silver because I played it the entire day lol. I fancied Silver over Gold because I got Silver first.

Was it the legend? Or the Pokemon?
    Well Lugia was a huge perk, but I really didn't mind it much seeing as though I could easily trade over Ho-oh if I wanted.

Perhaps you had its previous version (Gold/Silver)?
    Well yes. As stated above I got Silver first then gold (Approx 1 day apart).

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • SS, simply because I had Silver when I was a kid. Plus I just prefer Lugia over Ho-oh, even though you can get both in either version anyway.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I couldn't decide between the two, I mean I got them both, but if we're going to base this from my experiences, it'd be SoulSilver. xD

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
    Years
  • I pre-order both HG and SS so I received them around the same time. At first I thought I would like HG more, but I start SS first and I did so much on that game: I won a tournament at an anime convention with Soul Silver, I have 30 Eevees, a ton of rare and shiny Pokemon, battled Sabrina over 20 times, have a lot of foreign Pokemon, my Globe is full with yellow dots, etc. I have more progress on Soul Silver than any game ever, so I prefer SS.

IAshKetchum

Pokémon master.
    Years
  • Which game did you get, if you did? Soul Silver
    Why did you get it? It's Pokémon durhh ;)
    Was it the legend? Or the pokemon? because gold was one the games in my childhood i thought i'd give silver a whirl.
    Perhaps you had its previous version (gold/silver)? gold now have both.
    Or just cuz it sounded cool? nahh :P

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    HG. I got it because when I went to my local game shop, there's only HG. So I had no choice to buy HG. Oh well, I have no regrets!

Houndoomed

Battle Master
    Years
  • I have both versions but find I prefer Heart Gold, I've always had a soft spot for Ho-oh and wear gold jewellery so thats my justification lol, other than that Im not really fussed.

Zeus

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I prefer Soul Silver because it has Vulpix and Meowth.
    Although I play both equally. :3

Zapperz

colour swapper!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    ss cause i lurv lugia. dont really like ho-oh that much. plus i prefer vuplix over growlithe anyday

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2012
    I have always liked Lugia better than Ho-oh since I first saw Pokemon Silver and Gold, and this time Pokemon SoulSilver was no exception. It was very much for this reason that I prefer Pokemon Silver (and its remake) over Pokemon Gold (and its remake).

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Soulsilver, I like lugia better than ho-oh, and I like most of the SS exclusives. I mean unless you are partial to fire, who would like Ho-Oh over Lugia?

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • I picked SS, for a number of reasons. Whenever a new pair of games come out, my friends and I split them roughly equally among ourselves - so a couple of us will get one, and the other two or three get the other. That way we can all get the version exclusives etc. I picked SS because I like the colour better - I like cool colours over hot ones any day. To be honest, I couldn't give a flying peanut about the legendary. I caught Lugia, boxed it, moved on, whoop-de-doo. The SS box just looks so much nicer aesthetically.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • I have both; SoulSilver and HeartGold. I bought SS first for a few reasons, the video-game box brought my attention, it's solid. The exclusives sure played their part, specially Groudon and of course, Lugia over Ho-Oh regardless you can obtain both of them. And as for nostalgic reasons, I owned Silver so it was legit for the memories.

Back