• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which game is your favorite, and why?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2012
    Platinum, because it's the only fourth gen game apart from SoulSilver I've played. But it's my least favourite game I've played over all the genrations.

Shadowed Team

Kanto/Johto Pokémon Master
    Years
  • I'm not really a fan of the Sinnoh region but I still play all the games. Pokemon Platinum wins it for me though. Since it is the updated version, Pokemon Platinum fixes most errors and has more features to do. Pokemon Diamond would have to be second and Pokemon Pearl last.

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Pokemon Diamond, because it's the first Gen 4 Pokemon game I played.
    It is also the only game I completed Pokedex and have over 300 hours of playing time.

Years
  • Platinum is not only my favorite game of Gen 4, but also the best in my opinion. Solid plot, excellent challenge, decent variety of Pokemon (still very few Fire-types, but no game is perfect) and a lot of fun.

Also Team Galactic. Until Ghetsis, Cyrus was by far the most interesting and insane Big Bad. He may not be as...appealing as N, or as charismatic as Giovanni, but he had the biggest ambitions and the biggest story. Anyone who comes that close to wiping out the universe deserves to be called one of the best villains in the series.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I happened to like Platinum the most due to more Pokes being available in-game and the E4 rematches giving me a little something to train for post game when not playing around in the Battle Frontier but those are just a few reasons really lol.

500th post, yay.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2012
    Why I prefer Platinum over D/P: Platinum has a better "Dawn"-sprite. She looks cuter and has cuter clothes. I think everything looks better.

Why I like HG: Again, "Lyra"s sprite is just the cutest. I can have my favorite pokemon follow me around, and it reminds me of when I was young. I can travel to Kanto and it's like beating the game twice.

I can't choose between Platinum and HG - so I say both! =)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Platinum, given the fact that it has more to do than the others, then Diamond because of the Pokémon I prefer being catchable on it, and then Pearl, which I've never even touched.

Years
  • I don't know why but I have to choose Diamond. When I first bought my own DS system Diamond is the game that I chose and bought with my own money. But I would say Platinum is a close second only because I haven't even got through most of it yet, it's still pretty new to me. I like it, but I haven't gotten to the Distortion World yet.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Platinum. I don't know why. I started Diamond and got bored half way through, but I'm liking Platinum a bit more.

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
  • I like Platinum batter. Mainly because it has improvements over Diamond and Pearl. Like a faster surfing speed.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    I really liked Platinum. I loved Diamond and Pearl, and Platinum was even better. I liked it so much that I bought two copies ^^'

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
  • Platinum.
    It was just too perfect. ^_^.
    It had better graphics and game mechanics.
    And you gotta love Giratina and the Torn World.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Platinum is my favorite. It's my favorite because of the expanded gameplay and the Distortion World. I also like it because of Giratina's Origin form~.

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
  • I prefer Platinum to Diamond and Pearl. Better sprites, as well as a cooler story line and the Distortion world.

Years
  • Wow, I'm suprised more people seem to like D/P/Pt than HG/SS. I guess I'm alone on this one. I prefer HG/SS because of 16 gyms and Red. Plus you have auto-run, and you don't have to press X to access your Pokedex you can just use the touch screen which is very nifty.

Back