• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Gym Leader Do You Find Hardest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hello, there! I just wanted to know, what gym leader do you find hardest? In Pokemon HG & SS. It could be the "Johto" or "Kanto" region.

For example:
    "I find Whitney the hardest because her Miltank is strong, and keeps restoring it's health."

That's just an example, though I find her easy. :P

So let me hear what gym leader you find the hardest! :)

- Chimcharz

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thats easy. It would be Clair, from Johto. My Typhlosion didn't had a chance but my Red Gyrados kept on using ice fang and bang I beated her. Took me over a hour I think to beat her. This was a on my HG

Pok-e-Bob

Luxray wubber
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2010
    8th Gym was my toughest in the Johto region. Dragon pokemon are a pain, especially for my set up at the time :( :(

Still yet to complete the game, so I'm not too sure on Kanto as of yet, but definatly 8th Gym in Johto so far!

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Claire? Lawl; I one-hit KO'd all of her Pokemon, except Kingdra which required three hits, with a Level 45 Eevee and its Silk Scarf + Adaptibility Return combo. She was one of the easiest, and I was disappointed ):

Hardest? Hm. I'd say Jasmine tested my patience the most, just because I killed her with Eevee's Return and she kept using her Super Potions.

They were all really easy, actually.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • I haven't really found any of them that hard, really. But then again, I didn't in Gold or Silver either. But...if I'm not mistaken...isn't there already a thread like this...?

*Meowth V.2*

Still Got The Blues.
    Years
  • Clair was the hardest, I just managed to beat her on my second try. Whitney was also hard with her Miltank.

Gannon81

Beginning Trainer
    Years
  • Ermmm, i would say whitney but my gible dragon rage'd that cow ;) at the moment i'd say Morty and his damn gengar, just spams shadow ball and wipes my team lol, simply because i'm underleveled due to alot of team changing haa

Years
  • I'd say...Clair XD It was that darn Kingdra. Finally beat it on the second try with Lapras's Perish Song =3 Very helpful. As for Kanto, I wouldn't be able to say because I've only battled Surge.

Last edited:

Ayselipera

Clair was the hardest gym leader in Johto. I didn't have any ice or dragon types so it was a little bit challenging.

Kanto wise I'm not really sure. Once I got to Kanto I traded over my level 85 Togekiss and wiped them all out one by one. I was really bored...

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    In Johto, Clair was the hardest. Thankfully, my umbreon is a tank, and confuse ray + toxic wore her kingdra down real well.
    But in kanto, I say Blaine. His magcargo was astoundingly bulky.

Years
  • Wow! I come back to this thread and there are a few more comments which is good. Anyway, it's interesting that nearly everyone finds Clair the hardest. I guess she deserves to be the 8th gym leader of Johto. :P
    There's not much comments about the Kanto gym leaders, I think everyone's taking their time and enjoying the game. :)

- Chimcharz

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • Clair, not really, since my Feraligatr knew Ice Fang and she took care of it along with my Ampharos' Discharge for the Kingdra. Even though she is slow, she has an insanely high Special Attack, so she can OHKO a lot of Pokemon.

For me, it was Sabrina, mostly because I was stubborn and I wanted to win with only my Umbreon. Unfortunately, her Pokemon are over 50+, but I didn't have a chance to train much after the Elite Four, and half of my team were still level 48. I eventually let Ampharos use Signal Beam to bring down Alakazam because I got tired of restarting all the time. If my Haunter was up to par level-wise, he would have OHKO'd probably all of them.

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
  • So far, Sabrina from the Kanto region, my pokemon weren't as strong as hers (except for Alakazam Lv. 75 but I don't use him since I traded him from my Platinum) so I had to skip the gym to go to the other ones so I was able to train my team. But after that I took the entire gym with Hypno and Exeggutor.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Very right for Kanto's Gyms, Hypno. In fact, I even did the same thing. Sabrina's Alakazam is a pain!

Also, because I chose Chikorita, Morty was a NIGHTMARE.
    Don't get me wrong, I had a balanced team back then.
    I ended up oneshotting his Seel... with a Pichu. Yeah, the event one.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • It used to be Whitney for me, because of that damn Miltank, but bearing in mind I'm only six badges in, Chuck was pretty tough. I swear, every time I was about to take his Primeape down, it would get focussed for that Focus Punch, I would attack, I would miss and he would KO my 'mon. :(

A bit of training later, I took down his Primeape with two Gusts from Pidgeotto and Poliwrath took three Thunder Punches from my Ampharos.

Note here, "a bit of training" refers to two days solid training in Cliff Cave, including an encounter with a Shiny Krabby, who is now sat happily in my Shiny Box.

So yeah, Chuck was hard. But as a result of my training, I took Jasmine down with one Vulpix, four Flamethrower attacks and no damage taken whatsoever. So, swings and roundabouts. :)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I ended up finding that this thread here is where you can list which trainer, gym leader, elite or even your rival you found toughest in HG/SS. Seeing as it considered the Gym Leaders, it pretty much covers the topic of this thread. So, no need for it's own separate thread when it's already covered there.

closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back