• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is your favorite Pokemon game and why?

Which is your favorite Pokemon game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
    Mh, I'd have to say Soul Silver, followed by the original Silver, Platinum, and Ruby. I've always loved the Johto games best, and Soul Silver definately did the original justice. And I'm partial to Silver because that was my first game. (:

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    Emerald for sure. That's the game I started with, and I absolutely love the Hoenn region. I played Sapphire as well, but it didn't appeal to me as much. Sinnoh was rather dull to me (I played Pearl and Platinum) and Heart Gold just didn't capture my interest.
    Wow, that describes exactly my case too. I remember buying both Emerald and Sapphire at the same time, starting everything with Emerald, and trying Sapphire once I was done. It had less features, and I certainly preferred Emerald. I then bought Pearl soon after it came out, and Platinum when it came out too. Platinum certainly had improvements over Pearl, but neither of them compared to Emerald. I also tried Heartgold on a friend's DS once, and I hated it after about 2 minutes of playtime. I also have a diamond, but I never played it any further than Rowan's lab.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2021
    Pokemon Red. Hands down. It was my first game ever pretty much when I was like...5ish. I became completely obsessed with it and must have played it through at least 4 times. I loved the glitches (specifically Mew and Missingno.-Glitch City was funny though) and the sprites are still my favourite (excluding about 10 which are disgusting). Best region and story if you ask me. Also, best soundtrack STILL, closely followed by Gold/Silver.

PS: Did you know that the 'GB Sounds' feature on HGSS doesn't actually play the EXACT same music as the GBC did because the DS speakers cannot produce the same sounds. Made me chuckle XD

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    Oh, that's a tough call to make. However, I perfer Pokemon Heart Gold because it has alot more stuff for you to do even after beating the Johto Elite four and also the chance to battle the Kanto Gym Leaders (although Sabrina was uber cruel due to the amount of Full Restores she uses!)

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
    Blue is without a doubt my favourite! It was my first gameboy color game.. :) I don't really play it much now cause I don't get that same feeling that I used to get.. so I normally play newer gens.

My specific order is:

-Blue
    -RSE (favourite region)
    -DPPt
    -FRLG (played them to death)
    -Yellow
    -GS/HGSS (they were a bit of a letdown for me.. they just didn't excite me)

Haven't played BW yet so still to judge on those :P

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
    Years
    I used to hate the Hoenn region until I played Emerald. Emerald not only is my favorite game but it helped me realize how great Hoenn is. I haven't played Black or White so until I get to play one of them, I'll stick with Emerald as my favorite with Soul Silver close behind.

kamrald

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2011
    There are varieties of pokemon games available online. Pokemon Diamond is my favourite one why i am so attract by its extra ordinary features and functions. moreover its provide me entertainment and relaxation. really this is the great game.

MirroRz

You sure?
    Years
    Red, cause everyone knows Red > Everything else. Gold comes right after, and the rest are kinda ehh. Black was pretty dope though, not what I was expecting.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'm going to have to say third gen games RSE, are currently my favorite Pokémon games. I have yet to play Black and White and when I do, I'm going to have to learn more about everything from the new gen from features to items, etc., so I can't decide on if it is my favorite until then. The Hoenn region was my favorite to travel, and I remember the old days when I would make goals and train certain Pokémon to high levels never quite reaching LV 100. I had restarted a lot, because that's just how much I enjoyed it, and I would end up completing the game in 4 days. Definitely my favorite Pokémon games from back then till now, and who knows if it will change or not when I experience what B/W has to offer.

Years
    A tie between HG and Emerald. I love both :D
    HG is a remake of my favourite game, and Emerald is an upgrade of the already amazing Ruby and Sapphire.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Emerald, because well my favourite games were R/S but then Emerald came out and included both Ruby & Sapphire features, plus more and Hoenn has always been my favourite so yeah.. Emerald!

Vindra

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    I'm gonna go with Gold, but I haven't gotten a chance to play HeartGold yet. Johto was a fun region. I have good memories of battling Ho-oh. :)

Back