• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is your favorite Pokemon game and why?

Which is your favorite Pokemon game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Weasely

I IS BACK YAY
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    Ruby. I don't know why, but I just like it. (maybeee because it was my first Pokemon game. :P)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Emerald for sure. That's the game I started with, and I absolutely love the Hoenn region. I played Sapphire as well, but it didn't appeal to me as much. Sinnoh was rather dull to me (I played Pearl and Platinum) and Heart Gold just didn't capture my interest.

Ayselipera

This thread is asking about the games so I'm going to have to move this into Pokemon Gaming Central. I checked to see if there was a thread like this and didn't see anything, but sorry Sydian if there is!

Anyways, my favorite game is Emerald. :D

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Yellow, by far. It was the first Pokémon game I had, and will always hold that special place in my heart in the Pokémon world because of that.

Years
    1. Crystal
    2. Yellow
    3. Gold/Silver
    4. Red/Blue
    5. Emerald
    6. FireRed/LeafGreen

All of those are great games and ones that I would play over. I haven't played HGSS or Platinum (mostly because I don't have a DS), or Green and Black/White for that matter (since they are not out in English), and one playthrough of Diamond/Pearl was enough for me. Ruby/Sapphire were totally outclassed by Emerald and I don't think I'll play them over again.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I like Platinum the best because it's an improved version of D/P. HG/SS is close because I never got to play Johto in the early 2000s.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    Heart Gold or Blue.

Blue was my first gameboy game back in 98-99 (I think it might have been my first video game ever, actually. Depends on when Banjo-Tooie came out.) Not only is it the one that started the series, but I love the simplicity of it. There's also the huge nostalgia factor.

Heart Gold because it's just like Gold (which I loved to death) except improved. It has natures, IVs/EVs, Gym Leader rematches, 3rd and 4th gen pokemon, and more.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Ummmm... XD;

1. HGSS
    2. BW / RSE
    3. RBY / GSC
    4. Platinum
    5. DP
    6. FRLG

I like them all to be honest, except DP and FRLG. Those are the only ones I actually want to burn, lmao. Oh, HGSS because Pokemon follow you. I love that feature so much.

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Gold or Heartgold. I know I've mentioned how I've gotten into the pokeon franchise and what my favourite game is and why about a quazillion times, so I am just gonna keep it simple. I find with Heart Gold it really implemented other fantastic featurres for extra gameplay yet still kept the nostalgic feel to it of the original Gold. I really was impressed with the gadget that can play the old sounds of Gold. I forgotten and I can't be bothered looking it's name up. XD;

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I chose HeartGold, but SoulSilver is pretty much in the same boat. They were just so well done, remakes that were so true to the originals.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    *Platinum first because it had the deepest storyline of any of the Pokemon games.
    *Leaf Green second. It's amazing how much a totally adorable heroine character can elevate an otherwise middling game :)
    *Soul Silver and Crystal tied for third. I actually prefer Crystal a bit more except for the whole "No Mareep" things, which is compensated in SS.

Years
    The original Silver for me. It's unreal how many times I played that game - the memories are awesome.
    Second would probably be Emerald.
    Third would probably be Leaf Green.
    Fourth would probably be Yellow.

Years
    My favorite would have to be Silver :D

Mainly because it was my first game where I actually got interested in Pokemon. (I had Red, but I wasn't all that into it).

Johto ftw.

E.C.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    My favorite game would have to be gold, because that was the first pokemon game i ever had when i was small, and ive always liked the johto region.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years

1. HG and SS
    Without doubts my favourite Pokemon games. I loved all the features, graphics were GREAT and Pokemon followed you. They also enhaced the game a lot, so it was more fun to play it than GS.
    2. White and Black
    I really liked them as well. The only problem was....it was too easy for me.
    Playing it was a lot easier than DPPtHGSS and RSE. I hope that Gray makes it harder.
    3. Diamond and Pearl
    I really love the Sinnoh region and its Pokemon. Also, PMD Time and Darkness are my favourite Pokemon games counting Spin-Offs.
    4. Platinum
    Pretty much DP, although it was harder, i didn't like that they changed the sprites (They were uglier for me) and it was a really mere third game compared to Emerald.
    5. Emerald
    A quite fun game still, but after Lilycove i got depressed with it. The endless seas were a really bad idea, and it was a bit weird. I did like, however, that it expanded RS really well.
    6. GSC
    Basically HGSS, but without many neat features. I also don't care about nostalgia, and i just prefer the newer version.
    7. RS
    Emerald, but without many good features.
    8. FR
    I didn't like it. It was a quite good remake, but it just resembled RBY too much. It was also quite easy and dull.
    9. RBG
    I hate Kanto. It was a sad, dull place. The plot wasn't entraining, too.
    10. Yellow
    As much i hate anime, i hate yellow. That's all about it.

Back