• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is your favorite Pokemon game and why?

Which is your favorite Pokemon game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
    Years
    Heart Gold is the one I played between this one and Soul Silver.
    Though there aren't so much differences, but the pokemon we can catch.
    I love both, and I also love Black.
    I didn't choose White for that simple reason : the last place is a forest.
    In Black, it's a city called "Black City" which seems more interesting for me.
    Sooo hum...I don't have only one favorite game, but I have three ones. xdd

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Mine is Pokemon Emerald, as I love the storyline, and you can capture all of the Weather Trio. Love the Hoenn region, and I always like the third game of a series the most.

Years
    Pokemon Silver, second is soul silver.
    only because my favorite region is Johto and one of my favorite pokemon is ninetales.
    so put two and two together and thats what you get.

And the only thing that puts it ontop of soul silver is the nostalgia :D

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    White because it has more choice of pokemon

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
    You mean favorite Pokemon Version game. Because my favorite Pokemon game is PMD: Explorers of Sky. Anyways, I like SoulSilver too (it was my first game), although that might change when I start playing White...

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    It was a tie between Emerald and Platinum for me. I just love the 3rd installments. Emerald combined the two teams, and since I never played Ruby, that was a real treat for me. Platinum had me entertained for quite awhile. I loved the revamped routes and color panels. And also, Giratina's music was pure win :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    When I play B/W, I'd pick one of the two!

Crystal was my favourite. Mainly because it was my second game ever, and well, it was Gold pretty much, just even better. And nostalgic. Idk, I loved the Johto region back then cause although the graphics sucked, it allowed my imagination to run away! But HGSS wasn't as good as it, so...

blue

gucci
    Years
    Yeah, I'm sure it will be Pokémon White when I play it in English, purely because I had so much fun on the Japanese version, however.

Currently, my favourite Pokémon game is Pokémon Emerald, simply because, well.. I loved everything about it, it had a great, extended storyline, great designs, Towns, Gyms, also alot of my favourite Pokémon originated in Hoenn and my favourite team is Team Aqua and Team Magma & Aqua were a big part of the storyline, which I liked because they made up part of the game and finally I thought alot of the music in Pokemon R/S/E was brilliant, Emerald has been my favourite since I first got it in 2005, that's 6 years ago so I'm hoping that White will really impress and I'm also hoping for a R/S remake because now that the Nintendo DS will be less popular due to the DSI, DSI XL, Nintendo 3DS not having GBA compatible cartridges, it makes a R/S more plausable, but hey.. let's wait and see!

ShaQuL

ShaQuL
    Years
    • Age 25
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 22, 2015
    sapphire. i had it when i was small and its my first GBA Pokemon game. now my DS is broken i play it on my GBA a lot :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    1) HG/SS first, because the remade versions were great to their originals but with new features and added enjoyment for all. Also because I spent hours on the old G&S, so I really love these remakes!

2) Platinum second because so far I've enjoyed it much more than Pearl.

3) And Yellow & Blue for third, since I really enjoyed Yellow as a kid but Blue tied with it since it was my first. <3

I bought Fire Red once to try and get back into pokemon and I took it straight back to the store because I didn't like it one bit. Never played R/S/E.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    Ruby. I can't express how much that game impacted my life at the time. I was in 4th grade and I have so many memories of playing it alongside my best friend/cousin who had Sapphire. Nothing will replace Hoenn as my favorite region.

Years
    Pokemon Silver, second is soul silver.
    only because my favorite region is Johto and one of my favorite pokemon is ninetales.
    so put two and two together and thats what you get.

And the only thing that puts it ontop of soul silver is the nostalgia :D

This pretty much sums it up exactly for me :D Original Silver + Ninetales +Johto :D

Years
    Heartgold, closely followed by Emerald.
    Heartgold because JOHTO IS THE BEST REGION EVA JOHTO FTW!
    And Emerald because of the cool Secret Bases, Battle Frontier, and some of my fave Pokemon (Chimecho!)

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    Yellow will always hold a special place in my heart because it's the first one I ever played.

My favorite Gameboy Advanced game by far is LeafGreen.

I can't decide between Pearl and SoulSilver for the DS games. They both have things I really love about them.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    My favorite game of all time will be Silver. I don't know why I prefer Silver over Gold or Crystal, maybe it's because of Lugia.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I'd probably rank them as follows (from best to worst):

-Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
    -HeartGold/SoulSilver
    -FireRed/LeafGreen
    -Gold/Silver/Crystal
    -Red/Blue
    -Diamond/Pearl
    -Yellow

days