• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is your favourite Pokemon Spin-off Game?

Years
  • Has to be the Mystery Dungeon series, the ability to play as a Pokemon was so cool and they were really fun games. Pokemon Ranger gets an honourable mention though, that was a really cool concept but destroyed my DS touchscreen...

Ashygirl

Ash is my bae!
    Years
  • Mystery Dungeon hands down! Loved those games since Blue Rescue team where I was a little Chikorita and hung out with my always awesome partner, Pikachu.

Years
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 17, 2021
    Colosseum was a ton of fun and to this day I still think it has the coolest aesthetic of the entire series.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • My favourite spin-off's gotta be Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team (I played Red, however). I just enjoyed the missions the most there, plus the sprites there were my favourite. ;w; I also really love T/D/S and Super Mystery Dungeon. ♥

t0gekiss

PMD is by far my favorite, great gameplay play an amazing story makes one hell of a game.
    I also really like Pokemon TCG on the GameBoy Color

Socratic

Howdy
    Years
  • Coliseum and XD are very cool, and the Ranger games are nice as well, but Mystery Dungeon 1/2 are definitely my favorite; just their replayability, charm, and story are amazing to me.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • My favourite and, in my opinion, the best Spinoff Game is the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series, hands down. They're one of the most emotional games I've ever played, and the story is amazing! I especially love Explorers of Sky ^^

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Mystery Dungeon series has always been my favorite. I generally love the gameplay and the story of each one, especially Explorers of Sky.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • I have only been able to play one of the Ranger games, Guardian Signs, but it's my favourite Pokemon game of them all.
    The battle system is improved from the previous Rangers, I hear.

Overworld encounters with Pokemon is much better than tall grass.
    Recruiting Pokemon to help you clear real-world elemental obstacles is the best.
    The story is engaging, as are the missions and locations and puzzles, which is simply something I don't find in the other Pokemon series.

The only weak points are the side missions in the past, which are frustrating, and the fact that your screen WILL get circular scratches on it over time.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2021
    Favorite Pokemon Spin-Off Game?

What was your favorite Pokemon spin-off game? Mine was definitely PMD: Explorers of Darkness. That gave me dem feels.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I really enjoyed what little I played of PMD2 <3 The story was pretty cool, and the music was bae.

Cakesu

Hyrule's Saviour
    Years
  • I've played Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness, it was pretty good, probably the only spin-off I've played but still a good one.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Explorers of Sky or Shadows of Almia. I loved the story in Sky, and maybe I would like Red/Blue but I just liked the updated features and mechanics that were present in PMD2. I also really love the story in Almia. I've played it dozens of times and I think it's really creative and fun.

Back