• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which of the Four Series is the best?

Which series is your favorite?

• The Original Series

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • The Johto Series

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • The Advanced Generation Series

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • The Diamond and Pearl Series

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    The Orange Islands series, because they were different from the games and featured Tracey ♥. His Marill was the first Generation 2 Pokémon that I saw, and I remember being really "OMG WTF IS THAT I'VE NOT SEEN THAT POKéMON BEFORE!"

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I think Orange is just a season not a series. I think each Generation of games is where a series ends and a new one begins.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    The Orange Islands series, because they were different from the games and featured Tracey ♥. His Marill was the first Generation 2 Pokémon that I saw, and I remember being really "OMG WTF IS THAT I'VE NOT SEEN THAT POKéMON BEFORE!"

Did Tracey's Marill come before Misty's Togepi?
    Anyways the Ho-Oh in the 1st Episode is the first Gen 2 Pokemon I saw I knew what it was because Gold and Silver were nearing their Japanese realease at the time.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Did Tracey's Marill come before Misty's Togepi?
    Anyways the Ho-Oh in the 1st Episode is the first Gen 2 Pokemon I saw I knew what it was because Gold and Silver were nearing their Japanese realease at the time.

I'm sure Togepi came first, but I was so young I just assumed it was a "new" Pokémon because it hatched out of an egg and didn't attach any further thought to it. But seeing a brand new Gen2er who hadn't hatched shocked me, for some reason. Maybe I was just a thick kid >_>

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Why did you split up Kanto and the Orange Islands from Johto? They're in the same series.

Anyway, I choose Diamond & Pearl for its characters and the Pokémon. I'd go more in depth but I won't.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    Everyone who chose Johto should have their brain thoroughly checked out. Johto was horrible.

Anyways, the original had the most humor (but often made the least sense...which added to the humor.), but the current series has better Pokemon and it's quite fun, too. :>

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    FreakyLocz14 said:
    Is Orange its own series I may have did it wrong then oopsie

Original Series: Kanto, Orange Islands, and Johto.

Advance Generation: Hoenn and Kanto Battle Frontier.

Diamond & Pearl: Sinnoh.

jmadude

Keybledar43
    Years
    Picking one of the seasons as the best is hard since the anime has changed a lot. if you are a person who likes comedy then you'll find that you enjoy the first seasons of pokemon the best, but if you are someone who likes action then you might like the new seasons better. I'm more of an action loving kind of guy so I find the new seasons of pokemon to be the best, in my opinion.

Ayselipera

Original Series: Kanto, Orange Islands, and Johto.

Advance Generation: Hoenn and Kanto Battle Frontier.

Diamond & Pearl: Sinnoh.

When it's layed out like this I would say the Original Series was my favorite and the most enjoyable.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Tie between Original and Diamond & Pearl.

I have good memories from the Original series, but I thought it went downhill when they were in Johto. I haven't watched D&P in awhile, but I remember liking it in comparison to the Advanced series, which I thought was alright.

I guess I like the Original series more, then.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I like the original series more than the others. It was so nostalgic; the good memories I had when watching Ash and company traveling the Orange Islands on top of Ash's Lapras was all I need to think of the o' days.

Master Jecht

Hmmm..
    Years
    I would have to say the original just cause i watched it every day before school and knew like every episode.

I have to say though D/P has been very good so far, it has a lot of action.

Hoenn i thought was alright and Johto i thought was terrible.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    The only generations of Pokemon anime I actually ever paid attention to were the first and second ones. I loved the first generation episodes and I still remember some of the creative twists they had as opposed to the repetitiveness of the newer episodes. You don't see many episodes like the ones with the giant Onix and crystal Onix anymore. The first generation episodes were better than the second generation ones because they're more memorable.

To sum it up, I'd say the anime is deteriorating. Every season is becoming worse. Everytime I manage to watch one of the newer episodes, it's always about Pokemon coordinators or Team Rocket still trying to capture a bunch of Pokemon and failing.

Back