• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] Which old RP's would you wish back?

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
  • New week new topic!

This time I'd like to ask which older RP's you'd like to see back alive, whether you were part of it or not. I understand this question might a bit more directed towards the older audience but for the new people: What old RP on this forum seems interesting to you and would you like to have joined if it was still alive today :)

I'd also like to ask why! It's always nice to hear reasons of course and it's fun to read what specific thing everyone enjoyed about a certain RP!

So I'll start:

I'd wish a RP back that I remember vaguely from a time frame between 2012-2014. I wasn't able to find the thread back but it was a Pokémon conquest RP where your Pokémon was attached to you in a similar context as the Golden Compass. If the Pokémon died, you died as well kind of sense. It was a very interesting concept and it died before it really could get started. I would've loved to see where it would go and with the amazing writers we find in ours midst today, I'd be excited to see what stories would come from it.

Another one is one I didn't join but found a while back. Especially now that I'm in a big Star Wars mood, I would have loved to join Last Thursday's Star Wars: Jedi outcasts. The story seemed very interesting and despite that the IC only has 2 pages worth of posts, it's still very interesting to read the character's stories. I would have loved to be a part of that.

And as a smaller extra: Funnily enough I'd wish Seeds back as well. It's already back in some sort of format but it won't be the same as the tight knit group we had back then. This RP was about troubled trainers send on a journey with their Pokémon so they could rehabilitate back into society. It's an M rated RP for a reason but I wasn't ready to let go of my character yet, neither do I think the others were.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I'd wish a RP back that I remember vaguely from a time frame between 2012-2014. I wasn't able to find the thread back but it was a Pokémon conquest RP where your Pokémon was attached to you in a similar context as the Golden Compass. If the Pokémon died, you died as well kind of sense. It was a very interesting concept and it died before it really could get started. I would've loved to see where it would go and with the amazing writers we find in ours midst today, I'd be excited to see what stories would come from it.

I've been toying with Conquest RP ideas similar to this for a while now, since I do love the setting and timeline. Would be amazing to see it come back!

Otherwise, I'd wish back two different PMD RPs (no surprise there haha). They happened a long time ago, and I can't remember the names. One had a medieval fantasy theme, with the guild being situated in this big castle town that was based off Caldisla from Bravely Default. It didn't get very far, but I loved the vibe of this RP. The second was run by Kitty, and it was great because everyone pitched in with worldbuilding before the RP took off--it was a much more humorous kind of RP, very sandbox, and it sadly also died too soon. I distinctly remember a lovable Paras character that I think Juno played, always stuck in my memory. <3

I think there's a lot of room for old RPs make a comeback really, just revamped to suit the modern RP crowd ^^

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • My answer is obvious if you know me... Tocker Corp. by MurkMire. I feel like it provided a pretty unique setting for a Trainer + Pokémon RP, it started off very intriguing, and yet, the GM was forced to close it right as it was getting momentum. I should also say that it probably came out too soon for me - the character I created for it had potential but it would take me some time to actually get better at roleplaying and unleash her potential... so yeah, that only makes me wish this RP back even more.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The one RP I enjoyed the most and had fun doing was the Pokemon Trainer Academy. It was extremly popular when I first began to rp, but I never joined until much later. At this point, it was near the end of its life and it died out within a few months. We tried to bring it back, but it didn't last too long. I think possibly it was too restrictive being on the island... but it was fun and you could hop around a bit more than a journey rp and reflect the holidays in the real world if you wanted. Before I joined, it had over 950+ Pages, so it was a massive RP, but it just died suddenly.

It also have a lot of player freedom. You could just catch pokemon you wanted to catch. Obviously it had to be reasonable, but you didn't have to wait for permission. You had a massive list of pokemon you could find on the island. And was also very casual.

I think battles suffered from not knowing who should win. I think if it was to ever come back, battles should be handled similar to D&D and just have a roll off to see who wins or loses. Have a tally system so if say 3 attacks hit, it was over for that pokemon. This would prevent the battle from becoming stagnant in my eyes or lasting too long.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • aus
    • Seen Jul 31, 2022
    will always miss darker than it seems, it always kicked off so well before it died, but definitely was one of the longest rps I've been involved in.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    The one RP I enjoyed the most and had fun doing was the Pokemon Trainer Academy. It was extremly popular when I first began to rp, but I never joined until much later. At this point, it was near the end of its life and it died out within a few months. We tried to bring it back, but it didn't last too long. I think possibly it was too restrictive being on the island... but it was fun and you could hop around a bit more than a journey rp and reflect the holidays in the real world if you wanted. Before I joined, it had over 950+ Pages, so it was a massive RP, but it just died suddenly.

It also have a lot of player freedom. You could just catch pokemon you wanted to catch. Obviously it had to be reasonable, but you didn't have to wait for permission. You had a massive list of pokemon you could find on the island. And was also very casual.

I think battles suffered from not knowing who should win. I think if it was to ever come back, battles should be handled similar to D&D and just have a roll off to see who wins or loses. Have a tally system so if say 3 attacks hit, it was over for that pokemon. This would prevent the battle from becoming stagnant in my eyes or lasting too long.
    Oh, I also miss PTA a bit! I also joined in its "second phase" (and I had no idea it had been running for around 950 pages, that's crazy!) but I definitely had fun; sadly, we didn't have enough time to have enough interactions with everyone and things were just starting, but it was still really fun. I was wondering where I recognised you from, Ice, and, yep, it was definitely from PTA, although you had a different avatar, but I think it was the same character (and maybe a different nick? not sure). Either way, I don't know if I'd strictly bring it back, but maybe I'd revamp it differently, since, as you say, the school might've been a bit constricting... although it also gave it a nice atmosphere and a good "set time" to roleplay; it also might've needed more help for interactions between the characters. As for battles, I don't think I ended up battling another character, since my character was not really a "let's battle now" type, but she did capture a Whimsicott, aptly named Whimsi, haha. Rolling is pretty cool for battles, yep.

Years
  • Wow, a throwback thread!

I loved PTA when it was new and I remember RPing a teacher there. The concept was great and I had a lot of fun and remember it being super popular.

There was another one I was involved in which had a guardian angel type mechanism. You applied for a "human" or an "angel" and then the human lived their life while the angel attempted to guide it and help the human. I remember being paired with someone that I was a bit of a fan of from PTA and felt very intimidated by their skill. But I enjoyed that one a lot to, though its name escapes me now...

I think it benefited from the pairing up side of things and depended a lot on the chemistry of the pairs around. I think it can work really well, but I was definitely outclassed by my partner and let them down I feel :laugh-squinted:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Oh, I also miss PTA a bit! I also joined in its "second phase" (and I had no idea it had been running for around 950 pages, that's crazy!) but I definitely had fun; sadly, we didn't have enough time to have enough interactions with everyone and things were just starting, but it was still really fun. I was wondering where I recognised you from, Ice, and, yep, it was definitely from PTA, although you had a different avatar, but I think it was the same character (and maybe a different nick? not sure). Either way, I don't know if I'd strictly bring it back, but maybe I'd revamp it differently, since, as you say, the school might've been a bit constricting... although it also gave it a nice atmosphere and a good "set time" to roleplay; it also might've needed more help for interactions between the characters. As for battles, I don't think I ended up battling another character, since my character was not really a "let's battle now" type, but she did capture a Whimsicott, aptly named Whimsi, haha. Rolling is pretty cool for battles, yep.

Yeah. If it ever came back, I think it would need to be revamped. While I like the island/school concept, maybe it should be just off the coast of a main region so we can go there. I like the idea of Outer Banks show, and your just off the coast, but can go there almost any time. Maybe between Kalos/Galar/Paldea. It would definitely need a lot of work to bring back. I also think a lower amount of teachers/classes would need to be lowered.

But yeah, I had a different username and different avatar.

Back