• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokemon did You Use for master rank contests?

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    If any of you did the trainer card sidequests in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, which pokemon did you use to master the contests on each rank?

On Sapphire these were mine:

Cute - Igglybuff
    Beauty - Gardevoir
    Cool - Minun
    Smart - Golduck
    Tough - Registeel

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I think I might've used my Gengar in Diamond to win me up to the master rank level. But then again it's been a while since I've played it. I don't usually take part in contests but I had finished most of the game and I decided to try and thrash the contest competition over one of my summer holidays.

pumpkinziggy

Hunting for shiny Articuno
    Years
    I never really seriously did contests in Emerald, but for the Cool contests, I used Toree, a Swellow. (My strategy was Agility/Aerial Ace.) That was the only Master Rank contest I ever reached, though; the other ones were hard, especially the Smart ones...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    There are contests in generation III and IV, and umm...gen V I guess, if you count musicals. Dunno if they have ranks, but either way, moving to GPG.

And I only did Beauty Master Rank in Sapphire, and I got there with Blaziken.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I only use to enter the contests on Emerald..

Cute - Skitty
    Cool - Pikachu

and I only use to enter in coolness or Cuteness too.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    Years ago before it got transferred over to Diamond, I bred a Shuppet with Destiny Bond. It was the perfect Pokemon! Use Curse on the 4th round to perform last next turn and on the final appeal, use Destiny Bond and get the maximum amount of hearts! I was able to make it win the portrait in every category.

Hyperion09

fancy pretentious words
    Years
    I used a Kyogre for Beauty...and that's about it (as in getting Master in RSE). I don't even remember why I did it in the first place, since it was mostly half-assed on my part.

Magcargo for Tough in DPPt - again, mostly out of boredom, but at least I had more of an idea on how to actually do it.

pokemonseablueversion

Pokemon Addict
    Years
    I used these Pokemon:

COOL: Blaziken
    TOUGH: Regirock
    BEAUTY: Milotic
    SMART: Lanturn
    CUTE: Azurill

That's it. Master rank too.

I used these Pokemon:

COOL: Blaziken
    TOUGH: Regirock
    BEAUTY: Milotic
    SMART: Lanturn
    CUTE: Azurill

That's it. Master rank too.

Last edited:

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    I have a Blaziken from either Ruby or Emerald that won all 5 Master Rank Contests in Hoenn. Besides those times with it, I never really seriously did it again. (I don't like the 4th gen contests at all, tbh.)

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I used my Ninetales for Beauty in emerald.

Back