• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which pokemon was Ash dumb enough to give away?

Which pokemon was Ash dumb to give away?

• Total voters

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    I think he should have kept Pidgeot

I would have helped a lot in the Silver Conference

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    i think he did the right thing... he got a heroic image to keep up you know... "must allow the Pokemon to go to the path s/he desired". Even Musashi and Kojirou got influenced by satoshi and even they are starting to release their pokemon (but that was one sad episode...)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Major Characters-
    Satoshi- Ash
    Kasumi- Misty
    Takeshi- Brock
    Shigeru- Gary
    Kenji- Tracey
    Kojirou- James
    Musashi- Jessie
    Masato- Max
    Haruka- umm... you know... same as the 5th month

i should make a list of these japanese names somewhere...

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    Major Characters-
    Satoshi- Ash
    Kasumi- Misty
    Takeshi- Brock
    Shigeru- Gary
    Kenji- Tracey
    Kojirou- James
    Musashi- Jessie
    Masato- Max
    Haruka- umm... you know... same as the 5th month

i should make a list of these japanese names somewhere...
    Oh Jess and James. Ok now I know who you are talking about.

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
    Even though Butterfree needed to mate, Ash REALLY should've kept it. I guess the anime thought having something known for spreading sleep powder around a lot too powerful.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I know! And I still think that Lapras was extremely useful... He's almost always complaining about the ferry every time they're on an island. =_=;

Years
    I don't think it's right to call him 'dumb', I guess he does the right thing.
    Like with Lapras, there were family matters. And he gave Charizard to that girl so his Charizard could get stronger. And he left Squirtle because Squirtle's squad was hopeless without Squirtle.

I do sorta agree with the Larvitar matter...but, like with Lapras, family matters.
    I mean, can you imagine what the Tyranitar mother would've done if he'd kept it away from her? :dead:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    it is a close tie between Butterfree and Pidgeot...

Butterfree could use Sleep Powder and end a battle almost instantly (or at least by how battles go in the anime...)

Pidgeot could've easily become an awesome aerial battler if he had kept it (it's gust attack was awesome in the one episode it appeared in)

I wouldn't consider Charizard "given away" as Ash could just call upon Liza and she will send it right over.

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
    Ash shouldntve give any off his Pokemon away!!! well, exept for a few, like Larvitar, and Lapras. Ash always says he'll see them soon, so whens soon? when hes 30? i choose Charizard, cause hes probly the strongest Pokemon Ash'll ever have!

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    G-LANCE said:
    i chose larvitar man!
    i mean, ash with a tyranitar (after it evolves), who doesn't wanna see that?!
    D*** straight, Kenny boi!! If I were Ash, I'd take the Larvitar and train it to be TYRANITAR!!! *roars* Larvitar's a VERY good pokemon with great stats!! He should have kept it!! ARGH! Sorry if I'm getting out of shape but I am such in a crappy mood today, cus I got the crap beaten out of me by my grandpa cus I didn't buy his drinks.. : P But yes, Larvitar is very strong. Also Charizard and Pidgeot.. I cried when he let go of Pidgeot!!! *cries*

*Pidgeot kills CaRtOON*

~CaRtOON

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2013
    I just think ash iz the dumbest trainer giving his pokemon
    away if he wanted to do that he shouldent have caught
    them in the first place and also he wants to be a pokemon master right! than why doesent he catch the
    wild pokemon he seez.

Back