• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which protagonist?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • I will as usual will be playing as the male protagonist - I dont care too much for what they look like and they're largely one-dimensional characters, Pokemon protagonists so I'll just stick to my rl gender. =p

Ayselipera

I have to play as the female protagonist! Easily the best new female protagonist since Leaf. :D I'm sure after 243432 plays of the female I'll then move on to the male. Fortunately I have a feeling these games won't turn into HG/SS where I was forced to play as the male due to the female character's sprite annoying me to death. :(

Anyways! The female sprite is just so adorable and captures a more mature looking female player perfectly! :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    I'll be White.... I'm a girl so ... ya know that's what i'll play... but I don't really like either of the protagonists -w-"

Katja

Years
  • female because i always play girls unless the guy is super sexy. theres a lot of good art of her as well

tmega1990

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2011
    I am going to play as the boy! He is really cool! I am choosing him because I am a boy and I am naming him Travis, because that is my name.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • All visual appearances aside, for obvious reasons I'll be playing as the male role - I don't know his name either. XD;

It took me awhile to grow fond of the male character's design though. He looked so generic at first, and his sprite (still getting used to that) was still poor for me. The female protagonist definitely got the better looks this generation.

Maybe one day when I get bored, and decide on starting over on White, I'll play as the female for the fun of it.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I refuse to use the names they were given, they are simply Black & White to me <:

I played as Black during my first run-through now I'm playing as White again <:

My English play through I'll be playing as White to :3

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
  • Playing as the girl for both. I almost always play as the girl because...well, I am a girl. (: I might play through one of them as the guy when I start restarting the game so I can play challenges and stuff, though, just for kicks.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I'll be playing as the guy because I an one even though I prefer the girl's design. The guy is wearing a hoodie though and I think that's awesome.

Speed

Skyward
    Years
  • I like the Male Protagonist a lot, so I'm playing as him. But when I get White, I'll play as the Female.

Years
  • Since I'm a girl in real life I will play as a girl in Pokémon. But this new girl character is so... not me at all haha. Those shorts and that huge brown hair...

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • On Pokemon Black I'm choosing the guy hero. In Pokemon White I'm going to choose the girl heroine. I honestly don't care for the designs much, but I have a gender for each game.

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
  • I'll probably pick the girl. I like how she's not pigeontoed, unlike practically every female in the games.

Back