• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which starter did you choose?

Which starters did you choose?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2012
    Pearl; Piplup. I ditched him eventually.
    Soulsilver; played multiple times. Usually used Totodile.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Turtwig, Chimchar, Chikorita, and Cyndaquil.

First time I played through Diamond, I chose Turtwig. That didn't quite work out and I restarted after finding it difficult to beat the Elite Four, so I chose Chimchar. Chimchar became what I chose the most after that point, and Infernape is my favorite final starter evo of all the starts. In Platinum, I chose Chimchar. Right now I restarted my Platinum, and Turtwig is my starter this time around.

First time I played through HGSS, I did Cyndaquil. Second time I played through HGSS, I did Chikorita. Third time I played through HGSS, I went back to Cyndaquil.

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
    Years
  • In Pokemon Heart Gold, I went with Totodile. Not because I'd automatically have the Surfer/Waterfaller on my team (which is ONE of the reasons, I find it extremely convenient) but because of the nostalgia factor for me. I absolutely adored Feraligatr in Silver so I figured bring back old memories and get Totodile in Heart Gold as well.

Years
  • In Pearl, the first time, I went with Piplup.... never again...

In Soul Silver I picked Totodile because I'm pretty sure it's the best starter Pokemon ever. For real. Go home.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I went with Piplup in Diamond, you know me I got a huge thing for cute ones, whatever it's type may be even though it will be at disadvantage in the start of the game. I will still pick it, 'cause I love it! I'm not a wise battler, but I'll go with the Pokemon that I enjoy having with me! As for HG/SS, I chose Cyndaquil even though the starter that I chose in Gold was Chikorita, trying out different ones wouldn't be that bad, no? :D

Years
  • Diamond: Chimchar and Piplup, but I prefer Chimchar.
    Platinum: Chimchar, but I intigrated Turtwig later on.

SS: Cyndaquil, but for some reason I ended up mostly using a traded totodile for a majority of the game and my starter is like twenty levels short of even considering going into the E4.

HG: Totodile and it's the bomb right now, up there with my Lucario I transferred from my Diamond game.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    In Diamond, I chose Piplup, In my Pts (i have 2) I think I chose Chimchar and Turtwig, and in HGSS I chose chikorita and cyndaquil. It is sooooooo hard to get through HGSS with Chikorita DX

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I chose piplup for diamond.
    I haven't played HG or SS but on the originals I always chose cyndaquil since it was the cutest looking.

xGlaceonx

>Dawntiger<
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2012
    In Pearl I chose piplup(it was the cutest), and in Diamond I picked turtwig(i didn't want piplup again) .
    I picked Cyndaquil in SS, cause i really like it's evolutions.

Myungsoo

t h e c h a s e r
    Years
  • In Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum I went with Piplup. It was the only one that appealed to me when I first started the game. In SoulSilver I went with my longtime favorite, Chikorita.

Years
  • Turtwig in D/P/Pl, Chikorita in SS. I ended up regretting picking Chikorita- it seemed like everyone chose it or Cyndaquil, so it took me forever to get a Totodile @_@

Thrash

Feebas Führer
    Years
  • To me, all the Sinnoh starters lacked aesthetic appeal and I wasn't really wowed by any of them. My first run-through of Pearl, I grabbed a Piplup and then tossed it in the PC as soon as possible, never for it to see the light of day again. But then, when I got Platinum, I decided to pick Turtwig (I've always had a soft-spot for grass starters) and my little Chompy carried me through the entire game (dat Earthquake). Torterra is now confirmed for bro tier.

As for Soul Silver, I often restart my game and pick a different starter each time. All of the Johto starters are my favorites.

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
  • For my pearl i picked turtwig though it wasn't my fave i chose it cuz my love for grass type pokemon exceeds all others. And chikorita of course :3.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    I chose totodile in heart gold and never evolved him because he was always my favorite ever. For d/p I chose chimchar

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
  • In Diamond I picked Turtwig, and my first time through Platinum, I think I picked Piplup, IIRC. Soul Silver was Cyndaquil, and HG was Totodile.

Back