• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which starter will you choose?

Which starter will you choose?

• Rowlet

Votes: 111 42.0%
  • Litten

Votes: 93 35.2%
  • Popplio

Votes: 60 22.7%

• Total voters

Worldrush

Worldrush
Years
  • Its really hard for me to pick who I want as a starter. I see so many people that like Rowelt and Litten, but not so many that like Poppio. I think back to when X/Y came out and I was in the same position with trying to see who to pick. Than someone leaked the evolution and I went with my starter from there. I think that before the game gets relessed we will know the evolutions and that will make a final choice for people. As of now I would pick Poppio. Its cute, a water type and I think may become something powerful.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    When I went to pick up the Darkrai Code from EB Games, one of the staff members said she would like Litten.

Blazing Rud

This is Blazingly Awsome!!! - Pokemon Blazing Fire
    Years
  • for sure o will go with rowlet! Before the information was given i was playing pokemon sage demo there the grass starter has same typing and i wonder that in sun and moon also same typing of grass and flying shoukd come soooooo..... no option i will go for rowlet!

Years
  • I vote for poplio because he might turn into a ice type in his later evolutions. and since rowlit is a grass/flying poplio will have some advantage if he has the ice type moves.

Years
  • Even though I tend to gravitate to picking the fire type starters, at least in first-time playthroughs...I think that trend might be broken this time around. As of right now, I really want a Rowlet. It's an owl, I just can't resist.

Years
  • Normally I'd go Fire > Grass > Water here but Litten as a gutsy, fluffy mammal Fire-type Pokemon seems over-done to me, we have Cyndaquil and Fennekin (close enough) and Litleo/Pyroar from Kalos and I'm not too hyped over the design. :/ It would be a toss-up between Popplio and Rowlet - it would depend on their evolutions. If Popplio ends up with a cool looking Walrein-esque final evolution, I'd pick it over the the other two, no question.

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
    Years
  • When I first saw the starters, I was a bit thrown off. Not only did they look odd, but they looked a bit similar to one or more of the fake leaks we had seen prior...

Over time though, they quickly grew on me. I quickly became a huge fan of Litten, I wasn't really sure of the other two, though. I was and still am not very big on Rowlet, but a little while after, Popplio grew on me, and I mean really grew on me. I looked at it one time and it just caught on to me how absolutely adorable it was! <3

Litten is absolutely my favorite, Popplio isn't too far behind, and Rowlet's kinda down there. Its design doesn't really do much for me. It's kinda cute and all, but I think I'd like it more if it were proportioned more like a normal owl than its "borb"esque shape. Who knows though, we've yet to see their evolutions, we may see 'em tomorrow, but as for now, and I think will be always the case, Litten is definitely my first choice in the first one I'm going to play, Moon. If I ever get to playing Sun, I'll undoubtedly pick Popplio!

semi

the magnificent steiner
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    I saw some excellent fanart that convinced me of Litten's superiority.

Years
  • Popplio's appeal to me is that it's design is rather simple when compared to Piplup and Oshawott (don't get me wrong, I love Piplup and learned to like Oshawott).

I can understand you a lot there, it's like the starter designs are more simple-looking compared to most previous ones, but out of this trio Popplio really showcased the simplicity.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    In the end it all depend on which Hidden ability and move set they get and also their stats.

Years
  • If Litten goes Fire/Dark, I'm picking it. Otherwise, they'll all probably just sit in my PC.

There's always the chance all three could get an interesting type and/or good stats etc.

In the end it all depend on which Hidden ability and move set they get and also their stats.

I recall speculation over Popplio getting Swift Swim for a hidden ability since it can move fast in water. Rowlet could be something I see getting Aerilate or Gale Wings, especially if it's a physical attacker since every starter trio tends to have one physical, one special and one speedy mixed attacker. Rowlet could even switch it up a bit and be fast physical attacker.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Let's hope they get something more useful than what 2 of the 3 Kalos starters got.

Magician and Bulletproof were not that great compared to Protean.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I can see Litten getting Intimidate. Popplio magic bounce. And Rowlet Gale Wings. If Rowlet gets Gale wings as it's HA it's popularity will solidify.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2021
    Ehh.. I don't know.. Both are.. um.. not bad, but ya..
    And the design of Litten is kinda lame.. :d

Back