• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which type of Poke Balls do you use to capture legendaries?

type of pokeballs u use 2 catch legendaries

• Pokeball

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Greatball

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Ultraball

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Masterball

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Others (explain)/None

Votes: 32 62.7%

• Total voters
Years
  • Well, it really depends.
    Pokemon Diamond I use masterballs for everything, as I've got a masterball cheat on it.
    Others it depends. I use every ball, and i only use the masterball for rare ones (Lati@s, Suicune etc.)

竜の子

Avy made by Trainer Touko
    Years
  • I used a Pokeball when I was forced to caught Zekrom and Reshiram but I hardly ever catch legends,so I would rather use Master/Ultra balls for those rare ocasions

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Generally I use Ultra Balls, as well as Dusk Balls if they're in a cave. Apart from those, I'll try my hand at just about anything if I'm out of the ones I use normally. Master Balls I hardly ever use, if anything though, they go towards those obnoxious roamers.

Years
  • I use pokeballs because I like their simplistic, original design (original as in, when you picture a pokeball in general, you picture a normal pokeball). Also, it gives me bragging rights. :]

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2012
    For the majority of my captures, I utilize Greatballs, for I happen to favor their look. For those more annoying to capture, I'd chuck Ultraballs at them, or stall for a while and use Timerballs. Luxaryball if I happen to like that particular Pokemon I'm capturing very much because I picture the insides of a Luxaryball to be luxurious and comfy. =)
    Quickballs and Duskballs, although useful, were not the usual capturing devices I use.
    Like some of the people here, I used to capture the signature Pokemon of the particular game I'm playing with Masterballs. Now I just keep them in my bag for my ball collection.
    ...No innuendo joke here. Really.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I go for balls I feel describe the Pokémon. For Example, I used a great ball to capture Kyogre, due to the similar colours, a Dive Ball to capture Lugia and a master ball for Mewtwo. If I can't find a ball I feel is descriptive enough, I just go for either an Ultra Ball or normal Poké Ball.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I like using Ultra Balls for catching legendary Pokemon. Never Master Balls, people will think it looks hacked.

GStheHero

YouTube Battler
    Years
  • I usually start with Ultra Balls, but if the battle has been going on long enough, I'll switch to Timer Balls.

West the Hardcore Nerd

Giggles at the ghosties!
    Years
  • Throw a Quick Ball at the beginning of the battle. As that will almost always fail, I will then stall the fight for as long as possible, in preparation of a Timer Ball. If it's in a cave or at night, though, a Dusk Ball is fine, too.

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
    Years
  • I try with Premiere, Pokéballs, and occasionally Ultra or Dusk.

I only used my master ball once, and that was catching enter right before I restarted my Soulsilver

this is bull i used poke ball against mewtwo full health and pokemon Red caught it it Pokemon Blue poke ball full health caught it Pokemon Yellow Full health Poke ball caught it Pokemon Fire red caught it Leaf Green caught it GSC every single legend first poke ball caught full health no save states ok lets just end it every single legend i face no save state full health first poke ball caught so if i try any other poke ball execpt master ball only getting one it wont work

Smitty.

Forget who you were.
    Years
  • Pokéball all the way. I don't feel the satisfaction of the catch unless I have something to give props to. I also don't feel worthy to spam their signature moves for the rest of the game unless I've worked for it. :pp

Back