• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which version are you buying?

Which version are you buying?

• Omega Ruby!!!

Votes: 46 32.6%
  • Alpha Sapphire!!!

Votes: 57 40.4%
  • BOTH!!!

Votes: 37 26.2%
  • ...neither...

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    I'm gonna start off with Omega Ruby (since I have, like, 2 games with Latias and one with Latios; gotta balance that somehow ^^')
    I'm also going to preorder it to get the Diancie (because there's no way to get it otherwise here in Belgium.. Greedy chain stores :V)
    Maybe i'll get Alpha Sapphire later on? Probably. I even had an Alpha sapphire T-shirt ;w;

ProjectZerkeX

Pokemon Collector
    Years
  • I am picking up both. I'll probably play through both of them as well. Because, I'm just that kind of person. I like playing through everything on as many versions as I can.

I however didn't catch the stupid Moltres in Red...but I have all 150 on blue. XD

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    When generation three was still an ongoing thing, I've started it all of by getting myself Pokémon Ruby, so I'll likely be doing the same here and purchase Ruby—Omega Ruby. I might get Alpha Sapphire as well at some point, but not too sure on it as of yet.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2014
    I have trouble making up my mind when it comes to these things. And on top of that, I've been out of the series for some time. So, to avoid this complicated decision, and to make use of my extra disposable income, I've decided to purchase both as a way to get back into the franchise. Oh yeah. This wishy-washy fool makes his comeback. :cool:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I'm going to buy Alpha Sapphire, because I love the new Team Aqua and don't like the redesigns of Maxie and Tabitha. Also, I'm confident that Sableye and the Lotad line will be exclusive to Alpha Sapphire.

Years
  • The last Pokemon game I ever bought was Pokemon Ruby and that was many years ago. I'm buying a Nintendo 3DS XL tomorrow and pre-ordering Pokemon Omega Ruby.

I'm sort of new to this as I've never had any friends to trade with back then or now lol. If anyone would like to befriend me so we can battle or trade via wifi then please do. It's very lonely here lol.

Disolia

Friend of the Lurantis
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Aug 14, 2019
    Back when I was a child my mother made the unfortunate mistake of buying both the sapphire and ruby version of the game, which back then was one of the greatest mistakes she could have made as it ended up being my favourite generation of pokemon. The first game she handed to me though was sapphire, so I am going to by the opposite of that one and purchase omega ruby; that and because ruby version has mawile, which is my all time favourite pokemon since those days. xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm getting both versions, as I always do these days with Pokemon games. Alpha Sapphire will be my main game because blue is my favorite color, I like sapphires more than rubies, and Sapphire was the version I played back in gen 3. Omega Ruby will be my second game, but I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to use it for yet/how I'm going to play it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2018
    Alpha Sapphire to begin with. I never owned Ruby when the games were originally released but I will eventually buy both, for sure.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    I myself got Omega Ruby! c:

What you mention in your edit is really interesting, though. In my experience White and X were the most popular, and by a long shot!

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • At first I was planning to go with Alpha Sapphire since Sapphire was my first Pokemon game. But screw that, Omega Ruby and Latios FTW!

I'll get Alpha Sapphire sometime in December or January.

Syvelocin

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • At least at my elementary school, Ruby was more popular. Hmm. But I was Sapphire then and I'm Sapphire now. I never use legendaries (but I have always liked Kyogre better) and of the other pokes it's really only down to Sableye vs. Mawile but I don't use either of them anyway.

Back