• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which version are you buying?

Which version are you buying?

• Omega Ruby!!!

Votes: 46 32.6%
  • Alpha Sapphire!!!

Votes: 57 40.4%
  • BOTH!!!

Votes: 37 26.2%
  • ...neither...

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
Was anyone else having a trouble deciding which one to buy like I was? Even though there have been few version exclusives announced, the two games are really different.

EDIT: I FINALLY decided on which version to buy; the (apparently) less popular OmegaRuby. Looking back I can't believe this was such a hard decision, because I've always bought the lesser popular version. My first pokemon game, Pearl, I bought because a bunch of my friends were getting Diamond. With Gen 5, Black was more popular, and so I bought White. When everyone was buying Y, I bought X.
I'll probably be getting AlphaSapphire eventually(maybe splurge for Christmas), for challenge runs and whatnot.

Even though my problem's been solved, I still wanna hear your thoughts.
Which version are you buying and why?

Last edited:
    Years
    I will most certainly have both, but i'm still not settled on which version of the two I plan to keep stuff with max IVs on and make progress with. I'm leaning more towards Omega Ruby for that since I like Groudon more than Kyogre, though.

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
    Years
    I usually pick the version that is my favorite color, so Alpha Sapphire for me :) all my friends are saying Omega Ruby is far better but I love Blue over Red.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Going with AlphaSapphire for the same reason I chose Sapphire back in the day - it's my birthstone. Also it has Seviper.

Waru

ワールエルハート
    Years
    I'm going for Alpha Sapphire. Quite honestly, I would have pre-ordered both, but I don't know why I didn't. I may and up grabbing Omega Ruby at another time to use it as a side game for experimental purposes.

Back in RSE days, I played Ruby (and then Emerald, eventually) -- I have no idea why I even chose that version. I like the water/blue theme way better.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Welp my sister is grabbing a copy of Alpha Sapphire, so I thought I might purchase the Omega Ruby to complete the pair. I was going to buy Omega Ruby regardless considering I prefer Groudon over Kyrogre and prefer to battle Team Magma over Aqua.

Waru

ワールエルハート
    Years
    Welp my sister is grabbing a copy of Alpha Sapphire, so I thought I might purchase the Omega Ruby to complete the pair. I was going to buy Omega Ruby regardless considering I prefer Groudon over Kyrogre and prefer to battle Team Magma over Aqua.

Oh yeah, my sister is also accompanying me with Omega Ruby (since I'm getting Alpha Sapphire).
    That's always fun. c:

Aeon.

Carrion
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    I still don't know. I've been considering going with OmegaRuby for traditional purposes (I tend to play the opposite version of what I got when I was younger), but also Kyogre is one of my favorite Pokemon, as is Latias. I won't know until night of release.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Oh yeah, my sister is also accompanying me with Omega Ruby (since I'm getting Alpha Sapphire).
    That's always fun. c:
    Yeah it always handy too, if you want to acquire a version-exclusive Pokemon; you can get your sibling to catch it for you and whatnot. :)

Years
    As manly as Team Aqua is, I'm going with Omega Ruby. Just because of the fact that Omega Ruby has the better looking legendary (imo), and if it's like the original Ruby, Duskull should be able to appear in the wild in Omega Ruby. And I've always preferred Duskull over Shuppet, so Omega Ruby it is. :P

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    When it comes to paired versions, I usually get both of them -- one for myself, and the other one goes to my sister. So, in a way, I have "both of them". :P

But I'm going for Omega Ruby. I always preferred Team Magma over Team Aqua, and Groudon is more appealing to me than Kyogre is. Still always a Rayquaza fan tho. <3

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    I usually pick the version that is my favorite color, so Alpha Sapphire for me :) all my friends are saying Omega Ruby is far better but I love Blue over Red.
    Same exact reasoning for me! {XD} Although I also do like water types. because they're blue

The only version exclusive pokemon I care about having on my team is Zangoose, yet I still want Aqua Sapphire because of Team Aqua, Kyogre, and the game cartridge/start screen being blue. I've known that I wanted Sapphire ever since they came out for the GBA. I never owned a GBA back then, and now this is my time to finally play it! :P

Years
    I'll likely be getting both versions. My brother used to play the version opposite to mine but he retired from Pokemon so I tend to have all the games to myself nowadays.

As for which one I'll likely be playing more, it's probably Alpha Sapphire because:

1. I love Kyogre over Groudon
    2. Team Aqua is way cooler than Team Magma
    3. Blue is my fave color, so I tend to want to play the blue-colored versions
    4. It has the version exclusives I love better

I remember that I played Ruby out of the original versions but now I've come to learn Sapphire grew on me much more than Ruby did so that's why I'm now going to reflect this with the remakes.

epicbiscuit23

Epicpokepotato1
    Years
    I'm going with alpha sapphire. When I was a kid ruby and sapphire came out It was going to be my second pokemon game (first was silver) I chose sapphire.
    and that's the reason I'm getting alpha sapphire

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I'm going with Alpha Sapphire first, because my first Gen 3 game that I play is Pokémon Sapphire, even though not in legit way at that time. Besides, I enjoyed playing blue-colored versions because blue is my fave color, so why not?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I know in my group we all by half so we can trade with each other. I myself got Omega Ruby. I'm not much of a fan of water types or Team Aqua.

Back