• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which was the hardest pokemon to catch?

What was your hardest legendary to catch?

• Total voters

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Ok...you all know in Diamond and Pearl there are some new legendary pokemon to catch like...Giratina, Palkia, Heatran, Mesprit, etc. Which was the hardest to catch for you? My hardest was Giratina...but that's the only one that gave me trouble. Anyways, what was your hardest catch?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2008
    I caught all of my non-event legendaries in D/P with Luxury balls except for Heatran. He's really hard to catch with a Luxury Ball!

Years
    i really found it hard to catch heatran, my weavile with false swipe got it to 1hp and then 50 and i mean 50 ultra balls

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Looks like so far Heatran is the hardest to catch between you guys...yeah, Heatran was my second hardest to catch.

Which was the hardest pokemon to catch?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Mesprit was hardest to me but I just used my masterball out of frustration.

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    I caught Mesprit with Ultra Balls and it couldn't run becuase I caught a Golbat and it new Mean Look...it was a simpler way for me!

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    i know Azelf isn't up there, but it was the hardest to catch. i got it to the red, and started throwing dusk and ultra balls. it didn't seem like getting it to the red was helping! finally after what seemed to be 40 dusk balls and 57 ultra balls, i finally caught it. Azelf was so hard to catch.

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Azelf may not be up there but it still is counted on this thread...so feel free to put any legendary in the sinnoh region that you find hard to catch.

Which was the hardest pokemon to catch?

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    Mine isn't listed; Uxie was the hardest for me; especially in the Type-Duo Challenge I took part in, but was never able to finish. I think the battle is in my Profile; in the description, I highlighted that it took me about 10 or so tries to actually catch it. Granted I was only using Pokeballs, at the time, but regardless of my methods, it was still a harsh catch; especially when compared to Palkia, Azelf and Mesprit; they didn't take half as long as Uxie did.

But of course, the Masterball makes short work of any capture... XD

Blk_Ducky

Failed Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I voted Heatran. A LOT of ultra balls and a few dusk balls later, I finally caught it.

Giratina = Easiest: barely damaged it, Paralyze and threw 3 dusk balls. Quickest of all my legendary catches (excluding Masterball catches).

Spirit Ruler

King of the Charizard Empire
    Years
    I caught Dialga, Palkia and Giratina with ease. The lake spirits were hard to catch (Mesprit being the hardest until migrated a Shiny Golbat from Ruby). But the hardest for me was definately Heatran. It took me about 50-70 Ultra / Dusk balls to catch it.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    Heatran was incredibly easy; Surf from Palkia, Hypnosis from Gengar, then two Dusk Balls. Easy as that. =3
    Giratina took me around 35 Dusk Balls to catch. It's a good thing he was an idiot and kept using Slash and Earth Power on my Gengar. XD

No78

Part Time Trainer
    Years
    I was gonna say "Feebas!" untill I saw the poll options xD

Well I'll vote Giratina as I've never encountered him...

The Lake Guardians were no trouble for me, and I was really lucky with the roaming one because it just showed up, Master Ball, done! (Always save the master ball for the roamer!) I was really concerned with completing the Pokedex in the FRLG/RSE era but not so much at the moment. I guess it'll creep back eventually then I'll be on a catching spree :P

I also don't have a Dialga but I'm sure it will be easy enough to obtain... I know people...

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Well, it was almost a tie between Heatran and Giratina, but I'd have to say in the end it was Giratina. I believe I used in excess of 35 Ultra Balls. (I should have been using Dusk Balls xD)

Back