• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which was the hardest pokemon to catch?

What was your hardest legendary to catch?

• Total voters

Kevo182

Hero of Hyrule
    Years
    Mespirit.
    id finally catch up with it then it would teleport to the other side of Sinnoh.
    that really pissed my off haha

IHeartSushi

The One with the Awesomness
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2008
    for giratina i ran OUT of dusk balls and ultral balls..............u didnt put azelf up there but i acctually couldn't catch himn and gave up.....

Pearlone

Beginning Mapper Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2017
    The easiest for me was Mesprit. (The Poke Radar thing on ur watch helps alot) Used a Wobbuffet so it cant escape, Used Hypnosis, False Swipe, used like 10+ Great Balls and got it. Hardest was Giratina, around 25 Ultras, same strategy.

Years
    Well, I guess Giratina.... sort of.
    First time I battled it I too ran out of dusk balls on it (40 of em UGH) and it drove me nuts that it was on red, asleep, and wouldn't even "wobble" once. I gave up and restarted.
    When I battled him again I started off the battle with an ultra ball. First round, first ball, and CAUGHT the darn thing.
    I still don't get it.

Farasha

The Eevee Lady
    Years
    Girantia just because I kept getting lost in the damn cave, and then I ran out of Ultra Balls (what I use to catch legendaries... I'm old school - what are all these new balls of ridiculousness you speak of?), so I had to reset and go through the cave AGAIN...

I got impatient with Mespirit and wasted my Master Ball. Now I have to get another one for Cresselia :p

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I honestly think Cresselia deserves to be there because I had a hard time catching it each time.

XDLugia

Secrets R found in plain sight
    Years
    The hardest for me was heatran.
    everything else was easy but this thing refused to be caught.
    it always killed itself by struggle. I had like 50-60 ultra balls at the time and like 20 timer balls. Once it started to struggle i threw timer balls like mad.
    eventually i caught it after about 200 tries.

Shadow Chant

Top 4 at Worlds 2009
    Years
    It was pretty irritating when I tried to catch Azlef. I used about 100 Ultra Ball maybe. It took me an hour or 2 to catch the Azlef, but instead, I catched it with a Timer Ball when I started getting mad.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Wow this thread is getting popular everyday...COOL! Anyways, I have to say the Giratina still is hard for me..

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    As of now it would have to be Cresselia...it took about an entire MONTH before actually seeing it in the wild...but catching it was simple...***master ball***

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    o.o someone wasn't using their marking map app... >.>

Yeah I know, but that was because I really wasn't looking for it...but it was the hardest one to catch...now I have to try and capture giritina...

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    I was EPIC Noob when I voted. I hadn't even finished the game. Lol. Now I STILL HAVN'T! *Darn league!* I know the hardest Pokémon to catch was Mespirit. Well for me.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2009
    Ummm Well Yeaah Hard to say I Have R4 Thingie And Ummm Yeaah wel how shall I Say It , I Had Unlimitet Masterballs XD But I Played Im For Real 2 And then i Found Giratina Hardest

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    I had a hard time catching Giratina. I gave up after 30 minutes of trying to catch it, so I just threw a Master Ball at it.

Thisistheend

The End Is Near
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2008
    For me it was Hetran.It took me 78ultra balls and 156dusk balls to catch!=(

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Um, I have yet to catch Giratina. I used a Masterball on Mesprit, Palkia, and Heatran. I guess Dialga was the hardest to catch because I wanted him in a Pokeball.

It was harder for me to catch Ditto. ;P

Back