• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] Who are you playing right now?

Years
  • Let's hear all the juicy info about the character or characters you're playing right now in your RPs or campaigns.

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
    Years
  • At the moment I've only got Touka Kaeru going, in your RP! A small yet fierce gal who's very nonchalant, I don't actually have a proper backstory developed for her yet but I'm hoping that after she meets her grisly demise in your RP, I can flesh her out a bit more in a few more RPs. I'm half tempting to start one myself...

I'm also in the midst of coming up with a character for the RP event! I know I want him to be a Politoed, but he will probably be reserved for the event and future PC RP events only.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • For the first time since 2015 and 2017 or so, I have stopped rping for now. I've been role playing on WoW almost non stopped since mid 2018. Mostly because my group fell apart four different times in 2020 and 2021. I don't know when I will role play again, unless I do some on FF14 or see a campaign pop up on here that I am interested in. But because I do not play now, these were my last characters.

From WoW - My character was a Half-Elf Paladin who was usually nice to everyone, but hated mostly everything about the undead. He wanted to study the different form of Light Magic. He also basically had a guild of his own with all his friends. But since then, I have completely erased everything because he was my first WoW RP character and his history and stuff was a seven year mess since he was my first big RP Character. Not to mention we didn't have a timeline until a few years ago which completely threw everything out of whack and suddenly had a 20 year old character that was supposed to be 30. I never had a chance to do a 100% reset until I stopped rping.

FF14 - I have a Miqo'te that had a clan that was very sailor and merchant heavy. He wasn't really good at any type of weapon other than aiming a gun and knives/daggers. He loved fishing and had a bingo book for every type of fish in the world. His big goal is to catch every type of fish.

However his clan was attacked by pirates and all of them were taken as slaves to be sold. He tried to save them, as a child, he was shot by the captain of the pirates and left to die, but one of the other people who was left to die, was able to heal him. He ended up in a pirate heavy city where he grew up, but never left because it was also the Fishing Capitol. He also didn't want his clan to know he was alive, but when he meets a few ninjas, he begins to train as one and eventually leads to a path of saving his clan. He is afraid of loud noises, especially loud claps of thunder or gun shots.

I have not Role Played my Miqo'te since I don't have a roleplay group, but I tend to always have back story for all characters even if I don't intend to RP them.

And while I haven't roleplayed anything Pokemon in a long time, I have had this idea of a trainer who wants to catch every water type in pokemon and have an aquarium. And because of Legends Arceus, I also want a character who makes his own Poke Balls.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    In D&D I've been with a campaign for a year or two now where I play a usually serious and skeptical alcoholic wood elf lesbian with a deadly hit-and-run-bow and swhoshwosh and a suitably tragic backstory. She's a lot of fun!

I haven't fully fleshed out Qork Ashtar yet, the samurai-ish woman I play in Deliverance here. I'll get back to you about her - and also about Sergei, the poor victim of gimmepie's RP who probably won't live for too long... Or will he?? I'm gonna make him break the game and escape, just you wait.

In the campaign that's about to start up soon, I'm gonna play an ex-military sailor Triton Fighter named Alejandro Eduardo who may or not have a habit of conversing with inanimate objects. I have no idea how this is gonna go, but if session 1 is anything to go by, I'll barely be able to breathe from all the crylaughter.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • Oof this is going to be such an extensive list.

Pia McGuire in Spear. An intelligent girl set on becoming famous so that she can provide for herself and her mother. Having lived in poverty has made it so that she's incredibly materialistic. She thinks of herself as a villainess due to events that happened in her school life. She's very sweet though and all about "Tough love". She's harder on herself than she should be.

Elizabeth "Liz" in DnD campaign DMed by Gimmepie called "The fools guild". A tiefling girl that could easily pass for a human but has patches of dragon scales and a pair of dragon horns due to her sorcery inheritance. She's an amnesiac found by Xan from an earlier campaign and became his prodigy. Like master, she's a pyromaniac although less loud about it than her teacher is. She's stoic, sarcastic and likes to read books. She was at odds with one of her party members for the longest time and this turned into hatred when this party member died and haunted them instead. She has been getting pieces of her memory back and while she's becoming an even more fearful sorceress, she's learned that most events from her past were tragic ones. One of the latest memories she got back was that she was laying on a table and her blood was being extracted while she was still conscious, then replaced with her now sorcerer blood. I love playing as her now especially because I kind of have a reputation of forgetting my class features but lately she's been appearing much stronger all of a sudden. This is caused her party members to respect her more. It taps extra hard into the "becoming more fearfull everyday" and it's really cool.

Aerin, part of Lycan's campaign called the Elemental squad: An incredibly beautiful high elf bard who is a pacifist and rathers to speak before pummeling her enemies. She was in a short relationship with another elf in the party but they decided to remain friends. Not much else is known from her backstory yet (don't want to spoiler the other players haha). Although she seems naive and all players have shared their backstories now, Aerin remains secretive. She's been getting away with it for a long while now because the party doesn't see any harm in her. She did say in the last few sessions that she was looking for a necklace that was stolen from her village.

Kiara <3, A jedi Knight (former Padawan) from the Star Wars campaign that Jay runs.: Oof, this one is by far my favourite character. She's a 17 years old jedi padawan that survived Order 66 but lost her arm and her Jedi Master in the process. The former lost due to her own overconfidence and the latter because he laid down his life so that Kiara could escape. Months in hiding went by before the party met her in a clinic on Dantooine. She had just stolen a commercial brand mechanical arm that was malfunctioning but one of the party members was able to fix this for her. She joined the party since then. She's a brash, wild girl that often comes across as very rude but is good at heart. She's dedicated to the Jedi way and teachings but is slowly learning that not everything the Jedi taught her were necessarily correct. One such example is that she developed feelings for her Nautolan party member and has been in the process of accepting this and learning to control that emotion, something the Jedi master they found on Dantooine has been teaching her as he believes that emotions are something you can control and that people often mistook the Jedi teachings on emotions as something they should suppress. (This is also really funny because I think we can safely say that alongside another party member, he's like the captain of that ship
    HNrXeGs.png
    He sorta raised the guy she's in love with too.) Kiara is fearful of having attachments after she lost her master, who was literally like a father to her, and her comrades turned their backs on her during Order 66. Still, she has been growing fond of the party and is especially close with the Nautolan party member and a droid mechanic genius human female who in one of the latest sessions has made her a newer, better mechanical arm. Kiara officially became a Jedi knight when they found a guardian robe in one of the Jedi's abandoned temples. She got emotional because she felt like she was not allowed to wear this and regretted that her master was never able to knight her. This wish caused her to unconsciously reach out to her master in the force, who was then able to knight her formerly. Kiara is just all around a lot of fun to play because of her reactions, she's still young but very wise (has a high wisdom score too).

Nyria Jhigari. A Monk student from the westmarges campaign Jay runs. Nyria is one part of twin, her sister is being played by Nagi. We were allowed to use the FFXIV doc for this so she's an Au'ra Xaela monk and prospected leader of her tribe. Rather than explaining the character all over, we actually have a channel with lore so I'm just going to throw down her and her sister's lore here:

The Nadaam is a contest of strength in which all tribes of the Steppe take part in. The Steppe being a place of constant war for the past generations left little room for smaller tribes to grow and conquer more land. They needed to either hide or fight, the former being a sign of weakness and shameful and the latter almost always leading to their doom but at least retaining their pride as an Au'ra (Xaela).

The current leading tribe that has led for generations, the Nadesh, were tyrants and a big fan of the wars that raged through all of the Steppe. They possessed of strong warriors and with being one of the biggest tribes, it was hard for other tribes to compete against them. Many have tried and failed by either forming alliances between tribes and combining them or by training their own warriors to be the best. The Jhigari is one such tribe. As one of the larger ones, they've produced faithful warriors for generations under the leadership of a Khan (male) or Khatun (fem) and their Khuvi Zayaa (oracle) but alas, the Khuvi Zayaa had yet to see a future in which the Jhigari would be able to seize the title of Khagan.

That was until 18 years ago. The current Khuvi Zayaa received a prophecy that foretold the birth of a new powerful Khuvi Zayaa, usually a normal occurrence as the stars would appoint a new one when the time was neigh, but not this time. The prophecy also foretold the birth of a new Khatun at the same time. A pair of twins, it was said. What was probably even more important was that the Khuvi Zayaa was finally able to see a brighter era in which the Jhigari tribe could win the next Nadaam. And the key.... layeth within the twins.

Powerful halves and an even more powerful full, one cannot do without the other. A twin. One destined to become a powerful Khuvi Zayaa and the other one the next Khagan of the Shinah Steppe, can the sisters successfully fulfill their Khuvoi and rule over the Steppe?

Is this too much? Probably. But I really REALLY love my characters.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ok ngl you're making me think Aerin is hella shifty now. gonna metaplay and press her for history next session :B

Years
  • As I'm in a number of RPs that are on break or uncertain, I'll just mention the ones I'm actively writing, plus my TTRPG characters.

In Trainers I'm playing Vera Hill, who has always kept people at a distance but has recently started making friends on her Pokémon journey. She's hard on herself, and thinks she's worse than she actually is, so she puts on a persona of being better than she actually is. Her two best friends are showing her it's okay to just be herself. They've given her her first real friendship, her first party, even her first (and second) kiss! Now if she can just get her temper and her pride under control and not screw this up...

Over in Hoenn: Square One I'm actually playing two characters and one wandering side character. Edison Kintobor is a young man with an interest in science and a fascination with Pokémon techniques. He's on a journey to see as many types of Pokémon as he can, and wants to find new ways to improve the world with Pokémon Power. Meanwhile, Natsuko Soyokaze (Tsu to her friends) just wants to see the sights and post pictures online. She just happens to be learning a bit about herself and who she wants to be on the way. And then there's Sunny Dey, who is pushing them both to succeed and is currently spending time with other friends because she pushed too far.

In the online tabletop world, I'm in Jay's Star Wars 5e game playing Krusk, a Trandoshan hunter who recently learned what the Force is and that he's force-sensitive. He's also the most himbo lizardman I've ever played, with real world players and in-game characters alike being charmed by his goofy antics. He just wants to hang out with his friends, learn more about his powers, and take care of the little Jedi girl he's adopted. Just don't get on his bad side, because he's a beast in a fight and in his own words, "I don't die."

I'm also excited for an upcoming D&D game my brother is going to be running, set in a magical academy. I'll be playing Rograkh Emberclaw, kobold Wildfire Druid, and his familiar Kediss, a fire elemental in the shape of a frilled lizard. Under the tyranny of his father Rohgahh, Rograkh's tribe plunder the surrounding countryside and deliver tribute to the dragon Prossh, and anything the dragon doesn't get, Rohgahh keeps for himself. Rograkh can't bear to see his father steal from his own people, especially because there are plenty of other people to steal from, so has left to gain the power necessary to overthrow him. But he'll have to survive college life first...

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I just got one character going, Clint Shaw in HS1. Basically the vibe is a cowboy pokemon trainer, I had been watching a lot of westerns when I made the character, didn't even realize until after that I straight up named him after eastwood lol. A struggle to write sometimes because he's a character in the wrong time period but sometimes it actually works really well.

Years
  • I just got one character going, Clint Shaw in HS1. Basically the vibe is a cowboy pokemon trainer, I had been watching a lot of westerns when I made the character, didn't even realize until after that I straight up named him after eastwood lol. A struggle to write sometimes because he's a character in the wrong time period but sometimes it actually works really well.

I think writing a character who feels out of place (either IC or OOC) can make for some interesting dynamics with the rest of the cast. He sounds like fun.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Ok so, at the moment I'm in two active rps, but only actively writing for one bc my time management is a mess and I'm prioritizing one character rn.

Let's start with Trainers. Here I've been playing Bruno Dillinger. He's a good kid, but a bit too shy and has trouble speaking his mind, so he is constantly getting into trouble because of it. He has this obsession of doing what is right, except that at times he is stuck figuring out what is right and what isn't. He travels with his childhood friend, Deborah, who just became a pokémon trainer because she thought it would be fun.

The other one is Hoenn Square One, here I have two main characters and a recurring NPC.

The first character, and the one I'm prioritizing right now is Jordie Huges, and Unovan 16 year old that dreams of becoming the strongest trainer in the world, for which they took the great step of fleeing home and traveling to another region after a fight they had with their parents. They are a very good strategists and battler that specialize in Trick Room, but they still have stuff to learn.

The other character is Miranda Lockhart, coming from Pyrite Town in the Orre Region. A girl with anger issues, but still very caring of her friendships. After getting arrested for stealing a poke mart, she decided to give up a life of crime and start making a name of her own as Pyrite Queen, but she can't do that if she stays in a place with so little focus on competitive battling like Orre, so she traveled to Hoenn without knowing how to read or anything.

And last but not least is the NPC, Maritza White. She's s rich girl from Galar that grew up away from the outside world with nothing but pokémon research books, due to her failed respiratory system, germaphobia and overall weak body. She looks up to Wally for having a similar condition to hers, but unlike him, she wants to specilize in research and do field work. She is also the one that teaches Miranda how to read.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm only in one atm, Halls of the Screwed. I play a spunky and overactive amateur paranormal investigator named Adyson Mackenzie!

Also on and off playing Skyrim as a humble wood cutter / seller Nord NPC in Whiterun named Zeus. Idk if that counts. :p

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ok first session done, i love alejandro, he's a good submissive yet reliable hunk who doesn't hesitate to cut people in half either from here
    or from here​
    or maybe from here​

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I play D&D/Pathfinder sometimes. These are the characters that I'm currently playing:

Fool's Guild: "Mask" (halfling rogue?/bard?)
    Mask is really only known by his nickname, courtesy of wearing a mask all day every day. It's just his thing, he's shy. He's also allegedly a famous poet and does not want to be recognized on the streets because that's awkward. Most of the time he's just a sweet little fellow, a bit simple-minded perhaps, but he can get very agitated when he spots injustice or unfairness in his eyes. The culprit better stop their ways, or they might meet Mask's blade. That is, any of the about four magical swords he's carrying, since for some reason user gimmepie really likes giving us magic swords. Mask's fighting style is simple: stabbing enemies really, really hard.

Furry Campaign: Qikin-Ren-Yori (mouseling bladesinger wizard)
    Standing only 42 cm tall, Qikin-Ren-Yori wields a staff that's over twice his size. He is not easily noticed in the world of the big folks, but his personality makes up for it. (And the mage hand spell, so he can still reach the top shelf.) Qikin has an endless curiosity, which will probably get him in trouble at some point (but hasn't yet!). His choice of words and formal tone gives away his noble heritage and education, but he's made good friends with the rest of the party and tends to be more laid-back towards them now. He's got a teasing rivalry going on with the party's rogue, which is fun to play!
    I should add btw that the name of the campaign stems from the party being a catfolk, wolffolk and mousefolk. It's a region where humans, elves, etc are super rare (and for some reason 90% of the humans we encounter are major villains). The DM never gave the campaign a proper name, so "Furry Campaign" is what we've been referring it to.

Altóir Academy: Ignaz Pyrrho (fire genasi cleric)
    Saved by the powers of the Light, whatever that may be, Ignaz was rescued from a certain death in the wilderness. They have taken it upon them to spread the Light, in both literal and metaphorical sense, until they find out what their exact purpose is. They are hoping that joining the Altóir Academy will teach them more about adventuring life while they look for their purpose. Despite being a fire genasi, Ignaz settled into the Aquo House of the Academy. Flames for hair may look threatening, but Ignaz is only ever calm and friendly. Though perhaps a bit socially awkward sometimes, due to never having friends before.

Unsunken City: Korlakk the Moonwhisperer (kobold witch)
    Korlakk was my attempt at making an edgy character, but I failed due to the wholesomeness of the group. Since he is a 7-year old adult, my headcannon is that he's got the edgy title in his "teenage" phase like a year ago. His personality turned out actually super wholesome, sarcastic and kobold. Anyone who's seen me introduce kobolds in a game, knows how much I love them and how I play them.
    Korlakk used to be the personal assistant of a black dragon, but got tired of being bullied around and giving foot massages, so he staged a coup. Being granted magical powers from the moon he... was of course still not able to defeat him, because literal dragon. Korlakk is now trying to grow stronger and find allies to get his job finished. Recently he's gotten some doubt whether the current party is the right group of people when a mission got delayed because two party members decided to get drunk instead of doing their job.
    Korlakk mostly wants to be treated seriously, which is hard when he is child-sized. While he still does not like to be treated like a child, he can now accept the warming care of the group mom when she has warm blankets, brought spare clothing for the entire party and can make tea/coffee. Korlakk may or may not be developing an addiction to coffee.

Blood and Water: Mira (tiefling aasimar warlock)
    We only had one session of this campaign, literally last night and I am still figuring out Mira's character a little bit. However, just the fact that she is from a race with a devilish heritage and a magic gift from the angels means that she is a very interesting character to play. That bipolarity becomes part of her personality where she can be super friendly to her wholesome but quirky crew mates in one moment and enraged at the enemy two seconds later.
    Mira also has an amazingly laid-back relationship with her warlock patron. Honestly, it's the best!

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Trainers and HS1 gang representing~

I guess I could just say that I'm playing Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit, and end the post here. I probably made this analogy somewhere else already, but let's get into it!

Arianne, from Trainers, is Azelf!
    I already made a post about her in here because she happens to be my favorite character and, conveniently, there's a thread about that. Just know that she really feels like someone blessed by the willpower and strength of Azelf... sort of. She's still working on it - she may be a bit lazy at times, or too concerned with other people's opinions of her - but she's trying her best to be a reckless, cheerful trainer living her best life. I still have a few surprises in store for her though... we'll see how it goes.

Avril, from Hoenn Square 1, is Uxie!
    How to describe her? An anxious country girl being thrown into the chaos that is a journey as a Pokémon trainer. She's had it quite rough lately, she's considered multiple times to go back home, but she's just starting to see the light... through knowledge and observation skills. Eventually she'll achieve proper redemption, or at least that's the vibe I'm trying to go for! I hope making her overwhelmingly cute helps with that too... right?

Charlotte, from Together Forever, is Mesprit!
    To be fair this roleplay is in some sort of hiatus. Players do know ^^' but anyways... Charlotte was always meant to be emotion-driven above everything else. She wasn't meant to be great at controlling them or working on them, she was just a little pixie of chaos, ready to make everyone else's life more spicy without necessarily having them change who she is inside. That's a premise that, perhaps, even Helene (Tocker Corp. or the 2021 Valentine's day event) could also vibe with to a certain extent actually... but yeah, the Mesprit position is definitely more open than the other two.

Charlotte not so much, but Avril and Arianne surely have their supporting characters... although I'm not sure they're happy about that. Avril has Hikaru, this blogger and trainer who thinks they're a big deal (spoiler: they're not), and Arianne has Courtney, a childhood friend with a FIERY personality, but who generally means well. With Charlotte it's fair to say that I've tried not to rely on any secondary character to develop her or anything, so I guess that explains the difference.

Back