• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who Did you Choose

Which Starter?

• Chimchar

Votes: 71 36.2%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 58 29.6%
  • Piplup

Votes: 67 34.2%

• Total voters

Pheya

Is very excited about HH & SS.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2010
    In Pearl I chose Chimchar, but it's still an Monferno.
    In Diamond I chose Piplup.

I don't have Platinum, or, not originally, that is. ;P (On my R4DS)

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    I chose Chimchar in Pearl, cos monkeys are awesome :D
    And then in Plat. I chose Turtwig. And now my uber slow torterra sits in My Pokemon Ranch.

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
    I chose Chimchar in Pearl, cos monkeys are awesome :D
    And then in Plat. I chose Turtwig. And now my uber slow torterra sits in My Pokemon Ranch.

Thats not possible since My Pokemon Ranch doesnt support Pokemon Platinum in the UK or USA, only Japan/China. Only Diamond And Pearl Support My Pokemon Ranch.

My Uber Slow Torterra From PEARL sits in my Ranch now.. Alog with every single UNOWN (including ! And ? )

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    Chimchar!!
    I mean come one, a monkey that plays with fire. How can you not choose it :D

SSLaertes

Stealthy Strategist
    Years
    Diamond: Turtwig, which was my favorite starter from this gen
    Platinum: Piplup, because it made the game harder then a run with Chimchar, also ended up like the Evo set (:

Years
    Turtwig, cause that turtle may be slow, but is a powerhouse. In Platinum, of course. Also, any starter you choose is great. Chimchar makes the game much easier, Piplup if you want a challenge, and Turtwig......well, Turtwig is different. In Platinum, as a Grotle it's Bite pawns in Fantina's gym, Wake's no questions asked, Byron when it's Torterra with Earthquake it kill Bastiodon, and Magnemite, and Volkner's.....end of story, especially against Octelliry. That's my reasoning.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    I just bought Pokemon Platinum today. :D I chose Piplup, I just hate monkey's and Turtwig didn't really interest me. xD I see people in here are saying it's a challenge with Piplup, oh joy. I don't have Pearl or Diamond.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2009
    I chose chimchar cuz' I prefer fire types and also I am better at controlling fire type pokemon

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2010
    I was going to pick Turtwig in my Pearl, but i felt like Grass was always too easy, so I picked Piplup cuz penguins are da sheezy. The in Plat I picked Turtwig. I fell in love with him after playin PMD2 with him as my partner. I don't even remember my main character in the game haha, Turtwig was too awsome.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Pearl-a Shiny Piplup
    Diamond- Piplup
    Platinum- a Turtwig just for change, but i kind of regret it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2010
    Since I didn't have any idea of what to expect in Platinum when I bought it, including the types of their evos (after not playing Pokemon for a good 8 years at least), I went with my cardinal rule of starter Pokemon; "When in doubt, choose the water type".

Back