• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who Did you Choose

Which Starter?

• Chimchar

Votes: 71 36.2%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 58 29.6%
  • Piplup

Votes: 67 34.2%

• Total voters

Lickitung2009

Lickylicky ftw! Lickitung ftw!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2010
    Pearl- Piplup because i always go with the water starters.
    Platinum- Chimchar because i already had a piplup and i never tried the fire starters. also sence infernape is fighting and fire, it made snowpoit city's gym a breeze.

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
    Years
    I got Piplup. At the time I was obsessed with Penguins. I saw the Empoleon was like this big giant Emperor Penguin so I thought that was kind of cool... I guess.

Tox

fight me
    Years
    Turtwig. I don't like Piplup or Chimchar at all. I was really happy with my choice at the end of the game. Torterra is by far the coolest out of the three final forms.

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    I went for Mudkip in Sapphire, Bulbasaur in Leaf Green and The penguin in Diamond

Giblie

Gible Lover
    Years
    Turtwig on my Platinum. Well I chose him because I had a Torterra on my Pearl, which was not my starter, I loved it so much that I wanted to choose Turtwig.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
    Piplup because I love water type and also its evolution - Empoleon.
    i also pick turwig 'cause I like its evolution
    Don't like chimchar much....^_^

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    I picked turtwig on platinum since I had an infernape on my diamond. And piplup looks like a b*tch on the anime which influenced me towards the other two.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    pearl- i always chose piplup because it was very speedy and new really good moves

and currently i've been playing platinum- i chose chimchar because it was a very good starter its very cute aswell but i know that's not the point of why i chose it

*hylian*sakura*

Rawr~ =3
    Years
    Pearl- piplup. It was the first of the two that I played so I got my fave. I usually love the water types. XD

Diamond- chimchar. Only because getting piplup again would be silly.

Platinum- turtwig. Complete set, or something like that. >3<

Years
    In Pearl I picked Piplup purely for the fact that I always pick a water Pokemon first up.

In Platinum I picked Chimchar because I liked its move pool and the fact that there is bugger all fire types available

Back