• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen who else wishes red could be rebattled outside of mt silver

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Wish he could be rebattled, doesn't matter if he is in Mt. Silver or not, but make him harder the second time. The first time is way too easy.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Have you ever played the original GSC? You need all the gym badges to get TO Mt. Silver anyway!

????

I don't quite understand what you're saying.

I was saying you need all the gym badges, anyway, as the Viridian City Gym Badge is always No.16, as you need all the other 15 before Blue'll go back to the gym.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I really think that being able to battle Red shouldn't be made easy - he deserves more than that. :P

I mean, come on, it's Red. Possibly the most epic trainer that you will ever fight in-game (partly for the nostalgia and partly for his team). If they made it so you could just hop over there with Fly or call him over to the Saffron Gym like your puppet it would defeat the point, and then he'd just be another trainer. It's symbolism: Red doesn't come to you, you have to go to him.

No, if you want to battle Red you have to be committed - and if you want an easier way, then you do not deserve to battle him. ;)

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I know that the Mt. Silver battle with Red is epic, I'd also like one with him at his house. Or they could just make the peak fly-able.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
    I don't know. Having him battled only once was actually a emotional device on the part of the producers.

The emotions you feel when you battle him, knowing this is it, you're battling the most powerful trainer there is. I don't think those emotions could be sustained in any subsequent battles with him. Just battling him once made that one battle all the more unique and epic.

But on the other hand? Battling Red more than once and getting all that loads of EXP hell yeah.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2011
    I don't think changing the location will be a good idea but battling his pokemon at level 100 would be a perfect. If anything else Whirl Islands or Seaform Islands would be best choice.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    I really love to see a battle vs Red in the E4, and i want Red as a champion with is pkmans in level 100/flaweless iv's/EV'd. (That'll be a TRUE champion).

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Noooooo!!!!

I may be disagreeing with the majority here, but I don't want him to be lv.100

I think the 3 digits looks crappy, and the idea that he can't get any stronger, yet you've just beat him.....not fair.

And I'm pretty sure he already has 31 IVs in every stat for all his pokemon...after all, Cynthia did. They aren't EV'd though.....I mean, Snorlax has Blizzard....

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    Noooooo!!!!

I may be disagreeing with the majority here, but I don't want him to be lv.100

I think the 3 digits looks crappy, and the idea that he can't get any stronger, yet you've just beat him.....not fair.

And I'm pretty sure he already has 31 IVs in every stat for all his pokemon...after all, Cynthia did. They aren't EV'd though.....I mean, Snorlax has Blizzard....

You're right, level 100 looks weird =S
    But i really like the idea of the ev'd pokes, that'll be a great battle.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    Nah, But I do want to face him with all of his Pokemon with 100, and his pikachu has Volt tackle, and iron tail :3.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2017
    I'd rather battle him on the mountain. I just wish it was more like in the original, where you didn't have to climb to the top :knockedou

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    I'd rather battle him on the mountain. I just wish it was more like in the original, where you didn't have to climb to the top :knockedou

You still had to climb to the top in the original. I thought it was more annoying in the originals, actually, given the fact you needed Flash and in the remakes you don't.

Peterdea

Wisdom, Justice and Love
    Years
    I think it's fine as is. As mentioned earlier, the atmosphere when fighting Red is epic. To make him easier to get to dulls that down a bit.

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    I think Red should be able to be rebattled at random locations in Kanto/Jhoto after winning the fight against him at Mt Silver :)

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
    I think Red should be able to be rebattled at random locations in Kanto/Jhoto after winning the fight against him at Mt Silver :)

Good Idea :o I just wonder where he'd be after that. I won't search Kanto-Johto for just one trainer :3 I probably vote that he goes from Mt. Silver to being Champion on E4 to Pallet Town (probably not his house, it'll cause havoc and his Mom might get mad), and some other caves?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2019
    Honestly If rockclimb is your problem bring a ground rock pokemon Rypherior and Have it know the HM pikachu goes byebye and You just got a strong HM poke.

Back