• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHO MISSES MISTY!? D:

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    I miss misty.She is the strongest and most active girl among the girls for her confidence.She expressed herself very directly

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I recall various other things where she did contribute quite a bit to the plot of the show, even in episodes that weren't even focusing on her. I even listed examples that Tough didn't mention.

Besides, one could argue that Ash himself isn't that important, either. He battles against JJM, big woop. They were treated as people who could be beaten by anyone. Same can be said for the Gym Leaders as well, seeing how a large amount of the time they lose against rookie pokemon. Now, if, I don't know, he won against an Elite 4 member, without breaking a sweat even, and it was made absolutely clear that the Elite 4 in question very rarely lost, if at all, then MAYBE I can see how he'd be special, just maybe.

Maybe, but they certainly weren't important enough to save Contests from being ditched by Generation V. At best, they would have been #3, considering the fact that they were easily expendable.

Need I point out that Misty had rivals, as well?

I'm not arguing Dawn is better then Misty, just using an example. :x

They ditched contests because Iris isn't a coordinator, in fact, she may even be a Gym Leader.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    See, you're saying she is the best no matter what, and better then Dawn for no reason. Therefore, you're making your opinion fact because instead of saying "I like Misty more then Dawn", you're saying "Misty is the best', which is a fact. Why is she better then Dawn? All Misty did was scream at Ash, take care of Togepi, and occasionally help out beating Team Rocket, besides the episodes that were actually about her.

Believe it or not, the contests WERE important. They were very important, to be honest. If they weren't May and Dawn wouldn't have entered so many contests, and they wouldn't even have had rivals (Drew and Harley, Zoey and Kenny). Maybe not as important as Gym Battles, but they were definitely #2.
    Dawn will never be better then Misty and you are gone to have to deal with the truth.

They gotten rid of contests because they weren't no longer important and the 5 generation is much better with out them, and i'm pretty sure the 6 generation won't have pokemon contest either.

Misty is more better then Dawn, because she had a much better personality and she wasn't annoying as Dawn was during her time on the show. Misty wins over Dawn and that is the truth.

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Dawn will never be better then Misty and you are gone to have to deal with the truth.

They gotten rid of contests because they weren't no longer important and the 5 generation is much better with out them, and i'm pretty sure the 6 generation won't have pokemon contest either.

Misty is more better then Dawn, because she had a much better personality and she wasn't annoying as Dawn was during her time on the show. Misty wins over Dawn and that is the truth.

I honestly think that Misty was more annoying then Dawn. Dawn is better then Misty, and that's the truth. Deal with it.

See what I just did there? I used your argument. Your opinion that Misty is better is apparently the truth. You know what truth means, right? An opinion cannot be truth.

Contests were pretty important to me, considering one of the main characters competed in them.

Seriously, arguing with you is like talking to a brick wall.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    I honestly think that Misty was more annoying then Dawn. Dawn is better then Misty, and that's the truth. Deal with it.

See what I just did there? I used your argument. Your opinion that Misty is better is apparently the truth. You know what truth means, right? An opinion cannot be truth.

Contests were pretty important to me, considering one of the main characters competed in them.

Seriously, arguing with you is like talking to a brick wall.
    I am talking to a brick wall.Dawn was annoying as hell.Misty is ten times better then Dawn because she wasn't annoying,deal with it. How do you like that.

I been telling you the samething opinions are not facts.

You need to stop this silly little argument.

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I am talking to a brick wall.Dawn was annoying as hell.Misty is ten times better then Dawn because she wasn't annoying,deal with it. How do you like that.

I been telling you the samething opinions are not facts.

You need to stop this silly little argument.

I think Misty was more annoying then Dawn. Deal with it.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • As somewhat of a classic fan, I don't necessarily miss her but I'd like her to make a surprise appearance or something, as a "guest." I guess I do miss her a bit then :s (lol @ contradicting myself)

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • I miss Misty as much as the next person, and I would love to see her make some more special appearances. However, I've gotten use to the new friends Ash has made, especially May.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2011
    I remember Misty as the funniest pokegirl :D
    The whole bug pokemon thing was hillarious

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Well, as I said before, since I was raised on the trio of Misty, Brock, and Ash, I gotta say I miss her. I hate it though when people state their opinion as facts. You can't make a claim that Misty was better than Dawn?! I don't hate any girl but all of them were good on their own ways. I loved Misty for the classic Pokemon and her Funny reactions specially when she tends to show a devious side. May....well, she is not my favorite but I have no right to say she is horrible. She was good too, and I was very happy to see her in her comeback in D/P. Coming to Dawn, IN MY OPINION, She is my favorite. This doesn't mean she is but still it doesn't misty is either. We all are fans of different girls due to our different point of views. So it is either you say "All of them were the best" or "None of them were". Every girl was great and same thing I aid to Iris, I am starting to show a positive look to her.

If you are gonna State that one of the girls were wrong, boring etc., GIVE A GOD DAMN REASON! If you are gonna say "She was annoying" THEN SHOW ME HOW, What on Earth did she do that was annoying?!?! NONE OF THEM WERE ANNOYING, Its just you who want to avoid being neutral and just one to stick blind folded with one them. Misty was awesome, I wonder why won't she show an appearance until now, especially since she is so close to Ash's town. May....IDK what to say, I loved her devious hunger for food, the problem is I can't remember May since I don't remember much of Hoenn, I forgot it :P. Dawn was amazing, she was a great companion to Ash, she showed some liking to him and she cheered him on all the way. Think of it, she refused Zoeys Invitation to the celebration at Snowpoint City for a reason, she stated that she wanted to stay with Ash and cheer him all the way to the end. The same thing happened when she refused to go with Kenny. She was lovely and at least girly, I see no reason to hate her....

Here is what I think: -Misty= Great Companion
    -May= Coordinator, (wasn't as good as a companion)
    -Dawn= Coordinator+Great Companion
    My Opinion....;)

Years
  • Remember people, this isn't a thread to debate who's the best female companion.

That said, I do miss Misty, and I want her to make more appearances. However, I only miss the Kanto Misty, not the boring Johto one that does nothing aside from holding Togepi. I personally think that Misty had more personality in Kanto.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Remember people, this isn't a thread to debate who's the best female companion.

That said, I do miss Misty, and I want her to make more appearances. However, I only miss the Kanto Misty, not the boring Johto one that does nothing aside from holding Togepi. I personally think that Misty had more personality in Kanto.

Misty still had a personality even in Johto and she wasn't boring in Johto at all,but i do like her Kanto personality a whole lot more.

Misty will always be the best no matter what.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020

You know, Kirbychu, Misty did do a lot more than just holding on to Togepi in Johto. I know, because I actually watched the Johto episodes during that Pre-DP marathon on June 2nd/3rd. If you are who I think you are (IE, Cybercubed/Scott85/Gliscor'd), I and some other Misty fans even pointed out several things she did in Johto besides holding onto Togepi.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I honestly don't think he's Scott, he doesn't go around screaming JOHTO JOHTO JOHTO hate, and seems much more laid back. God, we would know, just reading Scott's posts drives me insane.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind a Misty cameo, I find it weird she didn't get one in DP.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018

I have to disagree with you.
    Misty didn't get enough focus for a long saga like Johto was that is pretty much obvious,but she was anything but bland being full of personality having several achievements there.She actually received little more screen time in Johto than she did in Orange or Kanto.She entered more competitions,did something big about her goal like entering Whirl Cup,battled more trainers,helped save group couple of times like she get them out of forest in Hoot,Hoot episode or helped to save Pikachu and Togepi from giant TR tank as well some of her pokemon receiving some character development evolving like Poliwhirl for example.

In personality department only notable difference which can be noticed in Misty character during Johto was that her temper was used in smaller measure compared to Kanto days.Reason is because she started to develop as character and mature a bit learning how to become more patient not exploding over every little thing which may have gone on her nerves allowing that other sides of her personality comes on surface more often being overshadowed by temper at times in past.
    In Johto we can still see Misty being full of competitive streak,sarcastic comments having tendency to tease Ash about his mistakes,we can still see her love for water types and fears(like fear from Gyarados and bugs),we can still see her caring side which was already showed to be part of her character both in Kanto and Orange with Misty being full of personality.

As we saw later on during chronicles and cameos she has developed in nice blend of older and new Misty becoming more responsible person being filled with selfesteem not being insecure in herself so much like she used to be.As its been showed her main traits are being kept still being quirky,sarcastic,witty,spunky,caring side etc with some new ones being added.She is hotheaded and stubborn as well being capable of exploding when provoked enough,but she is also more grown up and mature as person at this point and time.
    I find her development being nice thing,because it gives character more more depth making him overall more realistic and enjoyable to watch when discovering different sides about him.
    There was more to Misty character than just being violent going on rampage.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

For topic like i said yes i miss Misty and would prefer having her back as main character again because of having many things unanswered never receiving closure to story like goal to become water pokemon master which was left unexplored for most part providing lot of unused material to follow up on it).,having untapped potential to do more with her pokemon team,to expand more on back story(like what happened with parents,from where fear from bugs originates etc),developing her more as trainer.It would be also interesting to see how she would interact with new characters and work now days as part of group.

But since this probably wont happen some good appearance would be satisfying too.

Plotline which would bring Misty to Unova could be some water tournament to advance her dream and demonstrate skills as water trainer(after all she wants to become best water pokemon trainer fitting her)and to catch some new water pokemon seeing how Unova is isolated from other regions making it hard to obtain its pokemon outside of it.
    Having Misty meet Iris would to be honest make much more sense than it would be if she met Dawn.Because of Iris connections with 8th gym and Misty being gym leader this characters aside from sharing some personality traits have things in common being beneficial to have Misty back and help Iris about possible gym issues to overcome(like May did when helping Dawn about confidence issues in Wallace Cup).

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    Sure that is a massive wall of text but I agree with it. Misty NEVER lost her personality in Johto but rather it evolved and changed. Like it or not that IS development people. Togepi just brought out a whole different side and showed her as something of a mother and as mentioned before a great deal of maturity at the same time.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Sure that is a massive wall of text but I agree with it. Misty NEVER lost her personality in Johto but rather it evolved and changed. Like it or not that IS development people. Togepi just brought out a whole different side and showed her as something of a mother and as mentioned before a great deal of maturity at the same time.

Yeah, and besides, even then, there were hints at her having a motherly nature even before she got Togepi, such as Misty's trying to see if Pikachu's all right in the first episode.

Back