• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Who was the most difficult gym leader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
  • clair is easiest w/ todidile u teach gatr ice punch

It really doesn't do too much if you're aiming for just type advantage. Water is resistant to Ice, so it negates Dragon's weakness to it. You'd probably find that it's just as effective to use, for example, Thunderbolt from a Lanturn (or any other Pokemon that can get STAB from such moves).

Best thing to do is just overlevel her and strike with a move that does neutral damage, as there's no decent Dragon-type move in the game until she coughs up the Dragonbreath TM (considering you can't catch Dratini until after you get the Super Rod in Kanto, Dragon Rage only does 40 HP worth of damage, and Twister generally sucks).

kchrules

GSC=fav poke generation
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2010
    I'd Have to say Either Bugsy(I started With Chicorita) or Clair

Skelter

Sega Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2008
    I though Morty was very annoying, with his gengar always putting my pokes to sleep then using dream eater...Whitney, however, seems very easy in comparison to morty....

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2008
    imo clara was harder then lance. thunder wave thunder wave thunder wave and them bam! just when you think you have her she brings out her beastly kingdra

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    Whitney. I had to train for that battle.

Rollout hurts if you're not strong enough to take Miltank down. I don't recall any battles after Whitney.

While not a gym leader, I found Red hard since my levels were much lower and unevolved Pokemon.

scwizard

Starcraft Wizard
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    The ghost one really annoyed me because my main was a raticate and my starter was grass.

I didn't do many Kanto Gyms, Kanto was too boring so I started cheating around then.

bitter_doom

im a house elf
    Years
  • the ol-skool pokemon games...

well i've always had Pokemon silver and Pokemon yellow

in yellow it was brock because a pikachu is garbage againts rock

and on silver it was whitney

spenceroone3

<he eats lots of burgers.
    Years
  • I hated Whiteney too :D ! Her miltank kept on rollouting my Cyndaquil. It takes forever because of that! But eventually I got through. I also know what happens if you use totodile... Ya still get your a** kicked!

Years
  • Well in Y/R/B, for me, it was freakin Brock. The fact that he's first when you're all low-leveled has always made me mad xP I always get so mad when I beat Geodude, and then Onix has to come and kill me.

Misty kinda makes me mad, too, I have a hard time beating her Starmie - she ALWAYS has it do bubblebeam and more often than not, I black out.

On G/S/C, I must agree with the majority of you all and say Whitney and her damn Miltank! D: STOP ROLLOUTING ON ME.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2008
    Whitney and her Milktank always got me. If I didn't get killed by Rollout the stupid thing would drink milk and recover.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back