• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Who was your Johto Starter?

Naoshi

lawl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2023
    Gold - Totodile
    Silver - Cyndaquil

When I get Crystal, I am gonna choose Chikorita =P

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The first time I played the Johto version was in Silver,and I chose Chikorita. On my Crystal I had Cyndaquil.... but I used all of them at one point, because I started over a few times...

Last edited:

Aust77

Grass Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2011
    I chose Tododile,I think he is the best starter because so far in my game he's been the most useful execpt for mahogany town's gym.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    I have always chosen Cyndaquill because it's fire type, and it's good against the first two Gym leaders.

Aust77

Grass Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2011
    You better watch out lol.Cyndaquil isn't going to be useful against Lance (E4 Champion).I know that because I used to have a game with Cyndaquil.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    but by then you should have a Suicune (this is in Crystal) and it should know an ice attack.

Hakuryuu

Uke Yutaka
    Years
    mine was always Cyndaquil, i always thought it was cuter than the others and typhlosion was the pokemon i used most to beat the elite four and Lance

Aust77

Grass Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2011
    brotlov said:
    but by then you should have a Suicune (this is in Crystal) and it should know an ice attack.
    Still,your starter should be your best Pokemon.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    I picked Totodile in both my Gold and Crystal. When I restarted Crystal, I traded eggs with Cyndaquil and Chikorita over, though, so technically I got them all.

Aust77

Grass Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2011
    Only one question:Why does your rival always get your starter's weakness??

Back