• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who will be your starter pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2010
    I'm not sure which to choose. I'm currently playing Pokemon Gold, and I started out with Totodile...and I'm not impressed, but maybe it'll be better in Soul Silver? I favor fire, and Cyndaquil seems like a very good start, however I'm pretty sure I want to choose Charmander...for my other starter pokemon.

I just may go with Chikorita though, she's the under dog and whatnot. Seems like a good starter too. Though I don't want to end up regretting my decision, so I may just go with Cyndaquil...lol this is so ridiculous.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Todadile!!! I already chose it and it rockxz!!!
    Right now its a lv. 100 feraligatr! It owns you all =P

Years
    I'm probably going to go with Totodile, because it was my first ever G/S/C starter. In fact, it was my first starter, because I didn't have first generation.
    Maybe, one day I'll play with Cyndaquil, if I decide to restart my game.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I'm chosing Cyndaquil :3 and gonna either give it a nickname of Blaze or Typhoon :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2010
    I'm gonna roll with a Chikorita because it seems it'll be the least common. I'll probably breed it and get a few with good natures for trades. Then I'm either gonna grab a charmander or squirtle which I'll never evolve and probably a mudkip.

Cometmonster

TheBeastofTheStars
    Years
    Cydiquil for ss(my starter in silver),and totodile for hg(water pkmns r awesome). i dont really like chicorita, but i still havent made up my mind yet

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
    chikorita because I love it
    Totodile would be wesome but everytime I play pokemon, I pick water pokemon starter so I want to try new thing in HGSS
    I'm not a favorite fan of fire type but I may use cyndaquil also ^_^

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
    I think I'm gonna go with Chikorita when I get Heart Gold. I chose Cyndaquil when I first played Pokémon Gold and I chose Totodile for Crystal. It doesn't really matter though, I can obtian the other staters again.

Yoak

Pokemon Battler In-Training
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2012
    That is a difficult question. I take my starter very seriously, and will have to compare the new HG SS starters, as they have gotten some changes from Platinum. In Crystal, I chose Totadile, although it felt just wrong, so I chose cydaquil. I like Chikorita the best, although it doesn't have the best stats or moves out of the three.

Years
    I can't decide between Cyndaquil or Totodile.
    I hardly choose water type starters but totodile is one of my fave Pokemon.
    And I love fire types!

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    In Heart Gold I'll choose Totodile, just because I never chose it before and want to try something new. In Soul Silver...dunno, maybe Chikorita.

Years
    I'm probably going to be picking Chikorita as my starter since that's who I picked when I played the my Gold Version [though I'm getting SoulSilver]
    Not to mention I really like Meganium :D

Back