• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who will be your starter pokemon?

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    What pokemon will you start with?

I had silver and gold years ago and used all 3 pokemon atleast once. I liked them all, but I've always loved totodile, in the games and in the show. I have no idea why, I just love the little thing!

So, who will/did you pick?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2019
    I'll most likely start with Cyndoquil, though I'm going to try(of course) to get all three ^^ Which shouldn't be too difficult, since I have all of them on my platinum

blendaz

Yo, Champ in the making!
    Years
    I made a one-pokémon-playthrough with Totodile :]
    I needed only Mewtwo at the end to beat Red ... i didn't do the gym rematches ... now i will go with totodile in Heart Gold :P

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Chikorita. The grass types need love!!! Plus I like a good challenge.

Years
    well...
    i would possibly choose totodile.
    because he is my favorite out of the johto starters.

but i would most likely try to get all three like i did and am doing with platinum.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    I started with cyndaquil, wanting a typhlosion then realized in HGSS you can't teach it thunderpunch (only reason I chose it on GSC) so I now start with Totodile.

Years
    Cyndaquil because it's my favorite starter and it resembles a hedgehog ( I like hedgehogs) And also because fire-type is one of my favorite types..and red is my favorite color

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
    Cyndaquil for sure! Because Quilava's always been in my top 5 favorites. I don't care much for Typhlosion so I keep it as Quilava.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Spoiler:

Image in spoiler says it all, really. Totodile is win.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Either Totodile or Cyndaquil, depending on what I'm going for in a team.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'm choosing the Chikorita with Frenzy Plant, the Cyndaquil with Blast Burn, and the Totodile with Hydro Cannon from XD. :D

Probably gonna start out with Cyndaquil, because Typhlosion is that good.

Back