• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who will be your starter pokemon?

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Cyndaquil in HeartGold and Totodile in SoulSilver. Just to spice it up a little- and I used Meganium in Colosseum recently so no guilt over not picking Chikorita...

FilbertTheFox

.:Welcome to Reality:. (>o.O)>
    Years
    I've chosen totodile, took a everstone off my plt and put it on it.
    I hate its evolutions (my opinion totodile is sexy as a baby)

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    I will likely choose chikorita as my starter in Heartgold and cyndaquil in soul silver. Before I get cyndaquil on soulsilver I'm going to choose totadile as my starter, trade it to platinum and then start a new game so I can have all 3 johto starters.

Also, I always thought that johto was pronounced john-to. XD

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2010
    cyndaquil owns allif typholision can learn the tm thunder punch again then i pick him if not i still pick him

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
    I have all three starters in Platinum, but my absolute favorite water starter (even more than Squirtle) is Totodile! Second place has to go to Typhlosion, which is nearly a tie to Feralgatr, and third is Meganium,which is a starter who I don't use much at all.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    Also, I always thought that johto was pronounced john-to. XD

Lol. well today I learned that groudon isn't pronounced ground-on

I'll probably get heart gold on my R4 card, but I think I might actually buy soul silver to get the poke walker and just to support pokemon- more money the make, more games they'll make.

I'll get Chikorita in heart gold first, trade it to soul silver or diamond, then restart and get cyndaquil. And Totodile I'll start with in soul silver.

Ayselipera

I like them all, but I'm missing Chikorita the most.

So when I get soulsilver I'll pick Chikorita and if I don't replay it by the time I get heartgold then I'll pick Totodile on the second game. Cyndaquil is going to have to wait. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2010
    Chikorita!! all the way one if you are really a pro you wont really rely on your main starter like Cyndaquil and totadile to make your gym battle life easy -.-! thats why you stack your team with different kinds! you can get a pigdy in the begining to pwn the grass -.- or you can do what im doing i have pre made my team on my platinum thought them moves and left them at level 5 so they will Obay me!! im going to use the pokewalker to but i just want to know does it do what the gay daycare does where it auto teaches the moves? besides that i will walk around with them and my team i checked there persona they are very behaved and one is brave so it will be dumb enough to attack when i tell it !! People like the game to easy! Chikorita all the way its been my favorite !! Buddy me if like my choice!!

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Totodile on Heart Gold (my main version). I want to have a Arcanine and Feraligatr on my team, so HG is my main version.

On my play-through/screw around version (SS) I'll prolly start with Cyndaquil first, I really hate Chikorita.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    chikorita! it was my first favorite pokemon and I chose it when I first had my gold version. I know that the first few gyms will be hard (ugh the memories) but I want to completely overlevel it and see the look on my enemys face :D :D :D

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Cyndaquil, of course. You can level him very high very early at the sprout tower.
    I know I'll also be using quagsire, espeon, xatu, magneton, and maybe a honchkrow.

Back