• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who will be your starter pokemon?

Spritemasta3

Signature Maker
    Years
    Cyndaquil on my first play through, definitely. I'll pick Totodile on the second play through though. I'm getting Soul Silver because Lugia pwns Ho-Oh any day. :cool:

hectord25

It's so Dark here
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2016
    Cyndaquil,because this evolves into a tylophsion,Tylophsion is my favorite Pokèmon.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    While Cyndaquil was my favorite of the Johto starters, Totodile became my favorite due to using one as the main character of a fanfic. I'll be picking it whenever I get SoulSilver, and fooling around on HeartGold will allow me to get the other two.

Another reason I'm choosing Totodile this time is because I never used one back in the old days. I always went with Cyndaquil, except for those few times that I chose Chikorita for something different.

Tox

fight me
    Years
    I used to always start with Cyndaquil but I started with Chikorita recently and I found the game more enjoyable. It's more of a challenge too. When I get SoulSilver, Chikorita will most likely stay my starter.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    I'm gonna choose Cyndaquil. It's my favourite Johto starter and I haven't got a fire type starter in a gen4 game yet.

Last edited:

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    Totodile. This shoulda been a poll, eh?

I always chose Totodile in Silver/Crystal (with exceptions on occasions). My Feraligatr usually got to level 100 by Red.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Another reason I'm choosing Totodile this time is because I never used one back in the old days. I always went with Cyndaquil, except for those few times that I chose Chikorita for something different.

Same here. I tried a japanese HG now, and chose Totodile.

If I get my own copy and can play for long though, I'll probably choose Cyndaquil again. It's simply the best starter. I like Chikorita the best in many ways, but not for gaming, since I'm almost never using grass types.

Back