• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who will be your starter pokemon?

Cheyanne

I have Yusei Fudo's Zorua.
Years
  • chikorita! it was my first favorite pokemon and I chose it when I first had my gold version. I know that the first few gyms will be hard (ugh the memories) but I want to completely overlevel it and see the look on my enemys face :D :D :D

Lol that's what I plan to do.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Chikorita. Trained right, it can be a beast. (Not to mention part of my master plan...) Nuff said.

agreed! But if it's not Chikorita then Totodile for me. No offense to any of the Cyndaquil lovers out there, but he'd be the last starter I choose. I give him preps for being the only pure fire type of the starters, and Typhlosion does look kick ass, but I'd choose Meganium or Feraligator over it anyday.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Hmm... I think I'll choose Cyndaquil on SoulSilver and if I buy HeartGold, I'll choose Chikorita. I'm not a big fan of Totodile...

joelogs

region Explorer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    i will be choosing chikorita cuz i like fire and for me among the three it's typhlosion has cooler sprite than the other two.

Cloyster93

who's gun is this rifle?
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 24, 2015
    Cyndaquil. I chose it when I played Gold and Crystal, so I might as well choose it in the remake. ^_^

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I'll get Cyndaquil, because he is the best, and I'll let him evolve into Quilava, but no more. He'll have an everstone, that's how I have always had Cyndaquil, no need for that to change on HG.

Years
  • I'm thinking of going with Chikorita because I'll be able to get Growlithe (Heart Gold) for a fire type, and probably Staryu for a water type.

Edit: Hmm, on second thought I might play without a grass type in which case I'd probably go with Feraligatr because of the movesets you can get with him. Arcanine is a solid fire type too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    For HG I plan on starting with Totodile (I'll have Growlithe as my fire type) and in SS, I'll start with Cyndaquil.

EDIT: 700TH POST(:

Last edited:
    Back