• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHO WOULD WIN? DRAGONITE OR SALAMENCE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    But because of Swift Swim, I get to go first and I usually 1HKO him with an Ice Beam or if they are using a Yache Berry, Dragon Pulse. I rarely let my Kingdra take a hit from a Salamence though. And he uses Dragon Claw over Outrage, so do the math for Dragon Claw.

What kind of argument is that? Assuming that Kingdra has Swift Swim up always? It takes NO skill to kill a Salamence with Swift Swim Kingdra, at all. And no, they do not use Dragon Claw over Outrage anymore, not when Salamence got Outrage.

s p a c e c o w b o y

Im Part Vaporeon.....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    Salamence.

I mean
    Who USES Dragonite? :S
    I mean, I like Dragonite a lot more
    But, in order to correlate to the topic
    Salamence would mop the floor with Dragonite, any day.

That's the sad truth of it. There's little that's better about Dragonite.

i do :) and i beg to differ my friend. ****nite would indeed mop the floor with salamence

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • What kind of argument is that? Assuming that Kingdra has Swift Swim up always? It takes NO skill to kill a Salamence with Swift Swim Kingdra, at all. And no, they do not use Dragon Claw over Outrage anymore, not when Salamence got Outrage.

It will if he's using a Rain Dance team like he said, and who cares if it doesn't take skill? The whole point was to say that he beats that Salamence with ease.

Also, this topic is way off now.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • well who would win between charizard and dragonite?

i know dragonite won last time but i think if it is a high levle charizard that knows dragon moves it will double the damage per attack it lands and would win...

Nah, Charizard would go first and presumably want to Dragon Pulse him (though I doubt he'd have that), which Dragonite would survive, and the Dragonite would Stone Edge to OHKO Charizard. (It'd be enough to kill Charizard about 5 times if it crits).

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    It will if he's using a Rain Dance team like he said, and who cares if it doesn't take skill? The whole point was to say that he beats that Salamence with ease.

Also, this topic is way off now.

The fact that Kingdra needs to have rain set up before he can be placed near Salamence shows that for him to beat Mence it'd have to be very situational. Any decent Salamence can OHKO Kingdra with STAB Dragon attacks; no set ups required.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • The fact that Kingdra needs to have rain set up before he can be placed near Salamence shows that for him to beat Mence it'd have to be very situational. Any decent Salamence can OHKO Kingdra with STAB Dragon attacks; no set ups required.

I really don't believe that. My Kingdra has survived a hit from every single Salamence I have ever faced. Either way, I go first with SS and continue to 1HKO him with Ice Beam.

I am not saying that Salamence is a bad Pokemon. I think he is great, but he is not as great as everyone thinks.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I really don't believe that. My Kingdra has survived a hit from every single Salamence I have ever faced. Either way, I go first with SS and continue to 1HKO him with Ice Beam.

I am not saying that Salamence is a bad Pokemon. I think he is great, but he is not as great as everyone thinks.

Then you are facing crap Salamence users. 137.67%-162.33% That is what the standard 6 HP/0 Def Kingdra takes from Adamant LO Salamence's Dragon Claw.

HollowNightmare

Black Light. White Evil.
    Years
  • Salamence would win! Even though Dragonite(Along with Tyranitar) are supposed to be the hardest Poke' to train, and I think it is also the strongest non-legendary Pokemon (Correct me if I'm wrong) in the games I'd have to say that Salamence would win. >.> It is so much faster than Dragonite.

Last edited:

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Dragonite! Dragonite! you Idiots! Salamence lv100 VS Dragonite Lv 100= Salamence is SCREWED!
    Fantastic logic.

Anyways, the answer is pretty much said. Salamence wins Dragonite head on. Salamence outspeeds and OHKOs with a new addition of Outrage. The only thing Dragonite could do better than Salamence was use Outrage, but since Salamence just gained that ability through Platinum's debut, it's quite clear who will win. Salamence is just speedier and more powerful, so a head on match with Salamence vs. Dragonite will result in Salamence being the victor. Dragonite's defense is better, but it still isn't enough to withstand Salamence's attacks (who will always strike first). Of course, neither of them can switch into eachother safely without prediction involved.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'm sorry but I would have to go with Dragonite, he was the first dragon pokemon I ever trained and after training a salamence...it was a no brainer for me, Dragonite ruled!!!

dumbpikAchu

suckingCharmanderIntoMybu tt
    Years
  • Fantastic logic.

Anyways, the answer is pretty much said. Salamence wins Dragonite head on. Salamence outspeeds and OHKOs with a new addition of Outrage. The only thing Dragonite could do better than Salamence was use Outrage, but since Salamence just gained that ability through Platinum's debut, it's quite clear who will win. Salamence is just speedier and more powerful, so a head on match with Salamence vs. Dragonite will result in Salamence being the victor. Dragonite's defense is better, but it still isn't enough to withstand Salamence's attacks (who will always strike first). Of course, neither of them can switch into eachother safely without prediction involved.

Excuse me, but Platinium is only availble in minor stores right now SO.... let's stick with the original GSC. SALAMENCE IS SCREWED LIKE I SAID THERE. In FRLG, I screwed one at Battle tower. PLUS. The Average Dragonite knows Thunder.in RSE... Well, I still haven't played those :/ But I still think Drago' would win. in DP,not PT, Because like I firstly said, Platinium isn't available in many stores yet. Contuing, Dragonite would rock Salmence to death with his outrage.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Dragonite is outclassed by Salamence. Salamence is Faster and Hits Harder.

There's little use of Dragonite now that Salamence, too, gets the Dragon Dance/Outrage Combo.

Just because it came first doesn't mean it's better. Look at poor Blaziken, who it completely outshined by Infernape.

even in RSE/FRLG/DP, Salamence can easily defeat 'nite.

I hate both of them equally, though. I hate how overrated Dragon-Types are in general.

dumbpikAchu

suckingCharmanderIntoMybu tt
    Years
  • Dragonite is outclassed by Salamence. Salamence is Faster and Hits Harder.

There's little use of Dragonite now that Salamence, too, gets the Dragon Dance/Outrage Combo.

Just because it came first doesn't mean it's better. Look at poor Blaziken, who it completely outshined by Infernape.

even in RSE/FRLG/DP, Salamence can easily defeat 'nite.

I hate both of them equally, though. I hate how overrated Dragon-Types are in general.

FASTER?WTH?HITS HARDER?WTH? Excuse me, i could outfast the elite 4 with Drag'nite! PLUS, I SCREWED ALL OF EM! MY CHAR' JUST AUTOMATICCALY DIED BCZ OF LORELEI!and also, in Gen1, He would Screw Salamence cuz he's not even there XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back