• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHO WOULD WIN? DRAGONITE OR SALAMENCE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
  • Okay, random attacks on me...
    What kind of stupid bullcrap is that? Insinuating that he's a terrorist just bcause he's trying to dismiss unrelevant posts that contribute nothing to the thread is...pathetic to say the least.
    Check your facts, I said NOTHING like that. But... well, he has similarities with terrorists and fascists. Why?
    He doesn't respect other peoples' opinions at all. It's like you and him just want everyone to believe what you do.

Last edited:

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • Well, I guess Salamence Is the superior.... I just don't know what he's like ._.But If THAT'S Obvious,How About Dratini vs Bagon? :/:\

How about no one cares about Dratini v Bagon? No one battles with first-stage evolutions.

But since you ask, let's take a look. Dratini and Bagon have equal speed. Let's just say Dratini attacks first. You can assume he'll be EV'd in Spd and Atk, as would Bagon. Dratini has only 64 base Atk to Bagon's 75, and it has 45 base Def to Bagon's 60. So even if Dratini goes first, it won't really hurt Bagon too much, and Bagon would likely OHKO Dratini with one of pretty much any physical dragon attack.

So, in short, Bagon would beat Dratini.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • XD guys. It's not an opinion. You can say "I think Dragonite will win." all you want, but it is a FACT that it will not, given that they are both trained as viable competitive battlers.

End thread, pretty much. If you're running a competition-trained Salamence against a competition Dragonite, Salamence is going to win unless some serious luck comes into play or other factors are involved. Salamance only needs to strike first and it's game over.

Look here: Dragonite, Salamence. Salamence outspeeds, and completely obliterates Dragonite with a super-effective attack such as Draco Meteor or Dragon Pulse in the case of SpecsMence.

dumbpikAchu

suckingCharmanderIntoMybu tt
    Years
  • How about no one cares about Dratini v Bagon? No one battles with first-stage evolutions.

But since you ask, let's take a look. Dratini and Bagon have equal speed. Let's just say Dratini attacks first. You can assume he'll be EV'd in Spd and Atk, as would Bagon. Dratini has only 64 base Atk to Bagon's 75, and it has 45 base Def to Bagon's 60. So even if Dratini goes first, it won't really hurt Bagon too much, and Bagon would likely OHKO Dratini with one of pretty much any physical dragon attack.

So, in short, Bagon would beat Dratini.
    Oh yah, ur right XP But I remember having a Dratini in one of my old files in Ol' blue. He defeated all wild pokemon.... That's probbably why I wanted to match the two up. I think an Admin should lock this, since it's just becoming, "Salemence rocks!" "WTH IS WRONG WITH YOU?" "Hey, let's put Dratini vs Bagon!" "Good idea, but Drat'o still would lose."

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • See, this is why (and I don't mean any offense to you) you thought Dragonite would win. You're basing it solely off of in-game play. You can beat every single trainer and wild pokemon in every single game with just your starter pokemon. That really amounts to nothing. Read up on competitive battling and you'll understand why Dragonite doesn't stand a chance against Salamence.

And yes, if this topic WERE about personal preference (which it isn't), I would choose Dragonite, as he is one of my favorite pokemon. But that's irrelevant.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Well, Vance, you do kind of have to let people base it just on personal preference, too. This IS the Pokemon General Board.

Anyway, my opinion still stands that while Mence would beat Nite in battle, they're still both completely usable options in OU.

Detox

Well....i say dragonite...only because it has the defenses to take a hit,then the attack to strike back....while mence is faster and has higher atk,its defenses really suck...

Years
  • Salamance on looks defenetly and in a battle if he got the tm for either rock slide or stone edge and i think he could just win by him self

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2008
    Salamence outspeeds and outdamages Dragonite.

Basically an Outrage/Draco Metoer from Salamence will OHKO Dragonite.

Aine

♫ ✰ queen's ★ knight ✰ ♫
    Years
  • But salamence has "intimidate" and dragonite only has "inner focus."

So I'm not sure... =/

Detox

Salamence outspeeds and outdamages Dragonite.

Basically an Outrage/Draco Metoer from Salamence will OHKO Dragonite.

Im pretty sure your wrong there pal,have you taken a look at dragonites defenses? it would be a 2HKO unless salamence got in a few dragon dances,or was choice banded/choice specs'd

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back