• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Who's that Pokémon? It's Eevee!

Early on, we were considering a different name for this little guy – 'Eon'. This name ended up being changed, but you do see the 'eon' part as a suffix for each of the Eeveelutions. On that note, 'Eeveelution' was a term created by you trainers rather than us Professors.

Ooh, I had almost forgotten about this! Pretty awesome to remember again, though Eevee is definitely a cuter name even if 'Eon' would've fit more with its evolution names (pssst, Flareon for best eeveelution).

As a huge Eevee fan I try to get one on my team for most playthroughs of main series games unless they're unobtainable for whatever reason. Sometimes I wish I didn't have to evolve it either but then it would end up lagging behind the rest of my team too much... perfect for an NFE run I suppose. ;'p I have a few very old plushies of it too buried somewhere in my drawer. So sorry Eevee, didn't mean to trap you there for a decade. ;_;'

Also, that is such an adorable image of Eevee, amazing job Sylphiel!

I am so glad to see this article up! Everyone did a great job coming together to get it posted. Great job on the art, Sylphiel!

It's also full of information about Eevee that I either didn't know or remembered. Like I completely forgot that there was an Eevee in Conquest.

I only used one Eeveelution in all my times going through the game. It was an Umbreon in Crystal, who did all right. I do wish I could use the others, but they never seem to fit my team or come too late to find their niche.

Nice to hear this article finally got completed. I hope we get more Pokemon-based articles similar to this one, and because we all know Eevee is a popular Pokemon.

Back