• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's That Pokémon's Return

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
  • It'd be really fun if they described Emonga as Pachirisu's evolutionary form or something just like they said for Seviper. But yeah, that was just 4Kids...

Actually, I wouldn't have a problem with that, seeing as it actually makes sense...

I like the "Who's That Pokemon" When I was watching it I was shocked that it was back but I was so excited and happy that I couldn't wait to continue watching the episode. I was waiting for the Pokemon sound to be back during that feature but it didn't. Who knows Pokemon rap might be back too.

An Unova PokeRap would be awesome (heck, the Pokemon Jukebox wouldn't be so bad either)! Come to think of it, did TPCi ever do a Sinnoh PokeRap? The ones I'm finding on YouTube are fanmade...

It's a pity that the Pokémon voices aren't included. That was one of the better features, in my opinion. It was the quickest way to check to see what a Pokémon should sound like. I used it when roleplaying and other things like that. Anyway, overall, I'm still pretty happy to see it's back. Things are really starting to improve since the previous few seasons.

This. The Pokemon voices make it a bit more lively rather than just unveiling a simple silhouette, and I know I liked imitating them when I was younger. One of my favorite ones was the Mewtwo version, where Mewtwo boldly said "MEW. TWO." IMO, it was very epic, particularly because he's not actually limited to PokeSpeak and never bothered to say his name himself before. I wish I could see the 2nd Mewtwo variant where he says "Prepare for battle", demonstrating his language capabilities past PokeSpeak.

The checkerboard background makes Best Wishes seem like a grand prix/racing-themed show, though. :cer_laugh: I wish the dubbers were able to use these eyecatches instead for the Who's That Pokemon? background:

I had the return of Who's That Pokemon? spoiled for me in a YouTube comment, but it's still nice to see it back. Another addition I would've liked is those hints from the Johto League Champions era. IMO, they made the Who's That Pokemon? segment a bit more substantial.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • An Unova PokeRap would be awesome (heck, the Pokemon Jukebox wouldn't be so bad either)! Come to think of it, did TPCi ever do a Sinnoh PokeRap? The ones I'm finding on YouTube are fanmade...

No not that I know of. They haven't done a rap since the original series but since they are brining back "Who's that Pokemon" I'm hopping they'll make a Unova rap song.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Who's That Pokémon's Return Short Lived?

On the one-hour premiere of Pokémon: Black & White!, the first two episodes, "In The Shadow of Zekrom" and "Enter Iris and Axew!" both featured the return on "Who's That Pokémon?". It received positive feedback for English fans as they considered it nostalgic and a plus in the TPCi dub.

But one week later, when "A Sandile Gusher of Change!" aired, the new segment was missing and never seen throughout the episode. Numerous people noticed this absence and questioned why it wasn't there.

Underground rumors sport that it may be the fault of Cartoon Network, the broadcaster of Pokémon, who may of cut it out for more commercial time. They have done this before, recently infact, with the initial airing of "Zoroark: Master of Illusions", the first 10 minutes being cut out. TPCi addressed this and made it clear this edit will not be broadcasted again.

Another, and less speculated, rumor is that 4Kids still own the rights to "Who's That Pokémon?", making it illegal for TPCi to use it. This may not work, however, since TPCi should of acquired the rights to it from taking over the entire franschise.

No matter, the question still remains, is the return of "Who's That Pokémon?" short lived.

For that, my friends, we will have to tune in next week.

Years
  • We don't really need two threads for discussion of "Who's that Pokemon", so I merged them together.

I was surprised at WTP's absence during yesterday's episode. I don't think it could've been a copyright thing, since 4kids didn't even come up with the idea for WTP, but I could be wrong. Oh well, the fandom will find out soon enough.

Last edited:

JB2448

A Giant Slice of Pecan Pie
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    No matter, the question still remains, is the return of "Who's That Pokémon?" short lived.

For that, my friends, we will have to tune in next week.
    I don't think that TPCi would animate such a nice eyecatch for a segment set to appear for only two episodes. I personally believe that they're just waiting for Cilan's (Dent's) introduction to use it, so all three traveling partners can speak at the same time.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    UPDATE:

Apparantly, when this same episode aired in Dutch, they had the "WTP" segment so it's Cartoon Network's fault, not TPCi.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I love the return of Who's That Pokemon. It's just fun to have in-between commercial breaks. And also I got to learn the names of some pokemon that I didn't know of since I haven't really looked at the pokedex.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Does anyone remember when Jessie and James played who's that pokémon in Mewtwo's lair... and got it wrong?

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • is it just me or after they tell you which pokemon it is, they don't play the sound that pokemon makes. why?

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I think they are going to do this to all the Pokemon starters since they didn't do it in the last episode. Hopefully they'll have the Who's that Pokemon in the next episode. I wished they did the Pokemon cry. I'm so use to hearing the cry in those.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • the pokemon cry at the end was like a reward for me whenever i guessed right. its a shame that they don't do it

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    Wait a second there is something wrong with this?

Well... To a Pokemon fan like myself the "Who's that Pokemon" quiz is notoriously easy as tedious, but I kind of like it, just for the nostalgia I guess.

Years
  • It'd be nice if they threw in some Trainer's Choices as well, I liked those more. Too bad 4kids ruined it by having "correct" answer be wrong, or by having questions with multiple correct answers. I think the Trainer's Choice is copyrighted by 4kids anyways, so whatever.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    I don't mind that it's back, as long as there isn't another Seviper incident. :P

Back