• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's Your Starter?

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2016
    To get Pikachu as a choice you have to walk out of range of the original three starters until they respawn and do that 4-5 times. On the 5th time you'll have Pikachu spawn as one of them and you can catch him as your starter!
    Wow, Thanx I had no idea you could do that. I just heard from others playing the game that you could end up with Pikachu as your starter. I am happy with Charmander though.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I chose Charmander. I would have chosen Squirtle, but for whatever reason he took longer to spawn in than the others, and by the time he appeared, i'd already chosen Charmander.

I did eventually find and catch a Squirtle, however.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    If I'd known how rare they'd end up being then I would've gone for either Charmander or Pikachu but I picked Bulbasaur assuming that the others would be pretty easy to collect as the game went on. I had heard stories of people finding loads of the starters so I assumed it'd be the same for me but unfortunately not haha.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2016
    I had no idea that the tutorial to catch a Pokemon would actually be my starter. I just blindly clicked on the Bulbasaur, not even thinking. Once I realized, I quit the game halfway through the animation, but it was already too late.

I'm so sorry, Charmander :(

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    I got squirtle but not deliberately - the game was freezing/glitching while I was trying to choose (server issues) and I panic-tapped while it was frozen and found out I'd accidentally gotten squirtle. Bit of a shame as charmander is by far my favourite.

I since found a much more powerful squirtle and transferred the old one. Squirtles seem moderately common around here. Have seen a silhouette of a charmander but otherwise no hide nor hair of the other starters.

Shuhbooty

space and time
    Years
    Charmander was my pick! So happy they made it to where you can catch/hatch the other starts though! I adore them all equally. <3

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2016
    Charmander... I haven't transferred my started because I have an emotional attachment to him lol, is there any actual reason not to transfer your starter?

Back