• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's Your Starter?

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    charmander, i've always been one to start with a fire type then a flying type and build my team around them.

Years
    My starter was Charmander :) Though ironically enough right after catching a pidgey I caught a Bulbasaur. I'm going to try and go over to the fox river later and see if I can't find a squirtle :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    I chose Squirtle, which was also my starter pokemon in Fire Red! I managed to find a stronger one, as well as a Bulbasaur when I was walking around my neighbourhood though.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Always Charmander. <3 I also assumed Fire Pokemon would be harder to come across, which seems to be true so far over here.

Love_Fight_Repeat

*Having_Fun*
    Years
    I choose a lovable Squirtle and happily hatched a Bulbasaur from an egg which was nice. Yet to encounter any starters in the wild though hopefully I get some soon so I can start the long process of evolving them.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    I chose the adorable Bulbasaur as my starter. I am trying to find an Oddish or even a Bellsprout to make a Grass Team but no luck. I have not seen one Grass Pok?mon in the wild.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    Chose Bulbasaur thinking, "Oh I'm in a city, if Pokemon spawn based on location surely there won't be other Grass types popping up too often."

Literally half of what I catch is an Oddish or Bellsprout. Barely any fire or water types. :(

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
    MAN I CAN'T WAIT FOR INTERNATIONAL RELEASE!! -cries-

Looks like we can only get one of the Gen I starters.. hmmmm

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I went for Bulbasaur but starting to think it didn't really matter - he's probably the only Pokémon I've caught that I've not interacted with a single time. Wish they could do something about that but I guess there's not much reason to make the initial starters strong. Maybe they could supply some of the starter's candy for levelling up so you have something to keep training as you progress?

EvaLiz666

Dilettante and occasional cookie baker
    Years
    Bulbasaur same as the original poster, I think there was something else lurking around but I don't remember since I think he's really cute.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Bulbasaur for me, sadly I've encountered multiple Squirtle and I've hatched a Charmander, and Bulba has popped up on my radar occasionally, but I haven't caught or hatched anymore to be able to evolve it. :(

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2016
    I really had no clue as to who to choose when I started the game as I was new to Pokemon so I went with Charmander and I actually love my choice. I have seen many Bulbasaur in the wild and caught some as well as a few Squirtle. I have yet to see another Charmander. I also have seen 3 Pikachu and I've caught them all and transferred 2 of them. I heard Pikachu could have been a starter, but wasn't a choice for me.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I heard Pikachu could have been a starter, but wasn't a choice for me.
    To get Pikachu as a choice you have to walk out of range of the original three starters until they respawn and do that 4-5 times. On the 5th time you'll have Pikachu spawn as one of them and you can catch him as your starter!

Back