• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen why another fire-fighting starter?

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    I don't think GF likes fire lol why did they have to make the fire starter end up with fighting again
    did this boher anyone else?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Personanally I hated it too at fisrt but now I love Infernape but would not like ti see that type combo again. Next fire starter should be Fire/Dragon or Fire/Psychic

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I hate The Thought of Fire/Fighting personally I would hope it's a pure fire or something that is not mixed with Fighting....

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I didn't really like it either; it felt too much like a clone of Blaziken at first.
    However, I have really grown very fond of my little Infernape and it's destructive power. :3

I would personally like to see another Grass/Poison starter.
    Venusaur was just ungodly powerful in that sense.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I didn't really like it either; it felt too much like a clone of Blaziken at first.
    However, I have really grown very fond of my little Infernape and it's destructive power. :3

I agree Venasaur was cool.... But Infernape isn't that strong to point out... Fast but not strong.

Years
  • I do not wanna see Fire Fighting again but i do not really want another elemen forfire int the next generation i would like a pure fire dont now why just do

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
  • I agree Venasaur was cool.... But Infernape isn't that strong to point out... Fast but not strong.

Do you know nothing of the metagame? Infernape is very powerful, not because of raw stats because of Spd, awesome coverage and access to Nasty Plot. I think it was great to have this guy, even if he does have the same typing as Blaziken. The next fire starter should be something else though.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Do you know nothing of the metagame? Infernape is very powerful, not because of raw stats because of Spd, awesome coverage and access to Nasty Plot. I think it was great to have this guy, even if he does have the same typing as Blaziken. The next fire starter should be something else though.
    I know much more then you might think first of if a pokemon is trainer correctly it can beat even the stongest off pokemon second if trained using EVs pretty much anything can beat Infernape( I have tried it) third if you going to try to correct me get your info correct.

9popo

Typhlosion Lover
    Years
  • it did kind of bother me that it was fighting/fire or fire/ fighting again, but in this sense its different, before Blaziken was more of a powehouse, but Infernape is a speedy hitter so there are differences, but i would not like to see another fire/fighting starter, fire/rock sounds kinda cool.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • it did kind of bother me that it was fighting/fire or fire/ fighting again, but in this sense its different, before Blaziken was more of a powehouse, but Infernape is a speedy hitter so there are differences, but i would not like to see another fire/fighting starter, fire/rock sounds kinda cool.
    Magcargo is Fire/Rock, and although it makes sense for a magma pokemon, it's a horrible combination.
    Oh, and I agree with Fire/Dragon, but not for the starter-because then it won't have Levitate, which All physically flying non-Dragon/Flying Dragons got by now.

Years
  • Personanally I hated it too at fisrt but now I love Infernape but would not like ti see that type combo again. Next fire starter should be Fire/Dragon or Fire/Psychic
    Fire/Dragon?! That's a little unlikely doncha think? XD
    Dragon type pokemon usually aren't found early in the game for a reason :P
    I'd say I'd like to see a Fire/Electric type, maybe. That'd be different. xD

Last edited:

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
  • Fire/Dragon?! That's a little unlikely doncha think? XD
    Dragon type pokemon usually aren't found early in the game for a reason :P
    I'd say I'd like to see a Fire/Electric type, maybe. That'd be different. xD

He said not as a starter, that would make that thing less useful because it couldn't have Levitate. Fire/Dragon seems so likely to me that I'm amazed it hasn't been done.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
  • I know much more then you might think first of if a pokemon is trainer correctly it can beat even the stongest off pokemon second if trained using EVs pretty much anything can beat Infernape( I have tried it) third if you going to try to correct me get your info correct.
    lolwut

Did it ever occur to you that Infernape can be EV trained as well?

Go to https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/infernape. See what you say after looking at THAT.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • They should get creative with the typing for future starters/any pokemon. Here are my ideas for starters

Fire/Psychic
    Water/Ghost
    Grass/Electric

You know, they should get creative with it.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • They should get creative with the typing for future starters/any pokemon. Here are my ideas for starters

Fire/Psychic
    Water/Ghost
    Grass/Electric

You know, they should get creative with it.
    That would be the first pokemon with a 1/4 resistiance to Electric. Having no Ground weakness is great too, but this pokemon is going to have alot of problems against Dragons.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Yes, in fact.
    i was bothered by the fact that infernape was fighting/fire.
    but not as bothered as the fact that chimchar has a fire on it and doesn't mind.
    I hope the next fire type is unique, something like fire/ghost. Will-o-wisp fits it perfectly.
    for the water type, water/dragon.
    and as for the grass type, i hope its something like grass/psychic.

I totally agree, he was the perfect grass starter, and his movepool was good too.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    The problem that a grass/psychic starter would face is the beginning of the games usually have a lot of bug types, which would suck for them.

Oh yeah, not to mention that grass/psychics have the most weaknesses.
    but does anyone else not like infernape?
    then i guess that it could be grass/flying or plain, old grass/poison.
    There isn't much grass/flyings around(2 to be exact).

Back