• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why are moderators such jackasses sometimes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • My thread just got closed in the strategies section because it wasnt about competetive play. Not only that, but he put a stupid little video saying cool story bro. This sickens me that the people that are supposed to be running the website are being such (insert angry word here). Honestly, i see them closing thread after thread for ridiculous reasons.

The thread i posted was in the correct place, it was a question about strategies (and not simple enough to go in the pre-made thread), and just because it wasnt meant to be used competetively it was blocked. Where the hell else am i supposed to put it?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Maybe if you....I don't know, read the rules of the forum your thread wouldn't be closed? Strategies and Movesets is for competitive teams only (currently). Your question can probably go in the Request a Moveset / Simple Q&S sticky thread for now, and you would have known that if you searched before posting.

It's the internet man, people joke around. The key is to not take it so seriously and learn from your mistakes =/

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • You posted about non-competitive battling on a forum that currently only uses that kind of battling for discussion. So, what did you expect?

Also, even though you might got pissed because of what happened (still, nothing really happened), why do you blame mods in general?

I'm pretty sure that this kind of attitude comes after so many same threads of the same rule-breaking habits are made, so the mod gets loosened up and less serious.

Gaga For Gaga

Gaga's Right Hand Man
    Years
  • I think this is just a combination of a user not reading the rules and a moderator annoyed of users not reading the board rules.

I think this is the wrong way to go about it, too be honest mate.

I think a better way would be to express your feelings to the actual moderator in question.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • The thread i posted was in the correct place, it was a question about strategies (and not simple enough to go in the pre-made thread), and just because it wasnt meant to be used competetively it was blocked. Where the hell else am i supposed to put it?

It would have gone in the Team Help thread in the section that corresponds to the game you were referring to. S&M is for competitive movesets; it even says so. Let's say you need help with an Emerald team. Go to the Advanced Generation section, click the Team Help thread, and post. Ba-bam. There you have it. It's not that complicated.

Also, even though you might got pissed because of what happened (still, nothing really happened), why do you blame mods in general?

I'm pretty sure that this kind of attitude comes after so many same threads of the same rule-breaking habits are made, so the mod gets loosened up and less serious.

Pretty much. I see so many thread revivals and such that I either just lock it lightly or I'm so fed up with it I post a sarcastic remark. It doesn't make us a jackass. We're people just like you. Would it not bug you if you were a mod and saw the same rule constantly being broken in your section? And don't say "lol no cuz i'm kind an patient". I thought the same thing at first, but eventually it just gets so bad you want to pull your hair out.

And look at it this way: at least you didn't get infracted.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Just a quick little aside too:

The S&M Rules said:
    — Teams must be competitive teams, not ingame teams. Anything works ingame if it's at a high enough level and has a decent moveset.

Second rule listed =P

But in all seriousness, the S&M moderators are, at heart, big jokesters. Whether you take it personal or not is your choice, but they are just joking around with the way they close threads. All it takes is a browse of the rules and a look at the stickies to get some help around there. You can also do what Sydian said and just go to the help thread for that generation.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • Someone clearly didn't read the FAQ!

Moderator - Look after a certain section(s) of PC. Also reserve the right to be jackasses cuz they're so cool.

Gawd. It's right there!

"AW, I THOUGHT I WAS LESS POPULAR THAN THIS."
    A Staff Administrator, feared by all excluding its own pair, Loki. parallelzero is bffs with Arcanine, Morkula, Lightning, Ausaudriel, Sonic Thrust, Aegis and Klippy. It's best you not send the admin any messages regarding ROM hacking or the like, for it has no clue what to do in that area. Also, parallelzero is the maintainer of the Bishie Thread, where you can claim your favorite characters. If one would like to arrange a Pokemon battle, one may contact this admin through PM, to arrange at their own convenience.

Aha. Just joking, that line isn't actually there.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I think it's probably the fact that many of them have inflated egos.. I agree with them closing your thread, but not with a lame "Cool Story Bro" video. That's just being a jerk :/
    Some mods are cool, take Lightning for example, who's always friendly and does stuff in a professional manner.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    lol. You go into a competitive battling forum and post this in your thread "i dont play competetively, i just mean in general." What do you honestly expect to happen if you went to an obviously wrong forum and post something like that? Aside from that, the way you typed your post is very difficult to understand for anyone to even point you in the right direction, which is usually the case if someone is able to understand what you're trying to say. From what I'm getting at, you're making an observation of some kind.

Truthfully, I would have replied the same way as him... except for the gif, considering I don't usually look for gifs before posting and locking a thread. But nevertheless... the thread itself was rather pointless, to say the least. I think you really should learn how to read and abide by forum descriptions as well as rules. Moderators reserve the right to govern the threads posted as they see fit. If a thread doesn't belong in a forum that they feel it doesn't belong (yours obviously didn't belong there), it's only logical for them to do something about it. You're taking this way too seriously considering you obviously noticed the forum was for competitive battle seeing as how in your post, you noted you don't do competitive battle.

Granted some moderators can be jackasses and have inflated egos, not all of them do. In this case, I think you're a little sour because you got another one of your threads locked and are starting to grow very irritated and looking to throw out some of your anger by publicly calling out members of staff for something they're here to do. Common sense will tell you before you even think of doing that that absolutely nothing is going to come of it, rather than you directing your concerns in private to the member of the staff who locked your thread. Or, for future matters, whatever the member of staff did that you don't agree with.

Calling members of staff out like this, or anyone for that matter, only makes you look like a fool. And an immature one, at that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Oh, and just to add to what Nick said, don't judge every Moderator by the action of one. If one of us acts in a way you don't like doesn't make all of us automatically, as you say it, "jackasses".

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
  • I've seen some moderators be total idiots and others be amazing, depending really on the situation. But I wonder if I can blame them if you take this into the public forum, rather than just sending them a PM. =\ It's kind of the point of PM's, to deal with specific stuff. It's a better solution than to start a thread like this anyway, IMO. It'll just cause negativity which saddens me because PC has one of the kindest communities out there.

Years
  • My thread just got closed in the strategies section because it wasnt about competetive play. Not only that, but he put a stupid little video saying cool story bro. This sickens me that the people that are supposed to be running the website are being such (insert angry word here). Honestly, i see them closing thread after thread for ridiculous reasons.

The thread i posted was in the correct place, it was a question about strategies (and not simple enough to go in the pre-made thread), and just because it wasnt meant to be used competetively it was blocked. Where the hell else am i supposed to put it?

You shouldn't be upset just because a moderator locked your thread. Being a moderator on another site, I notice that people tend to be overly sensitive about things like this. If your thread was locked, it's not a personal action against you. You should try to avoid things like this in the future by actually posting in the right forum (it probably could have been put in the premade thread even if it was a bit complex; it may just have taken up a lot of room, that's all).

Also, if my post sounds harsh, please don't be offended by it. >.<

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    Use your common sense before posting threads.

Read the details of each section for your thread not to be closed. I think it's very simple to follow but I guess your just lazy. > . <

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    Serene Grace is right, not all mods are jackasses 'cause one might be having a bad day. :O
    I know for a fact SG is a BAMF.
    :3

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Someone clearly didn't read the FAQ!

Gawd. It's right there!

"AW, I THOUGHT I WAS LESS POPULAR THAN THIS."
    A Staff Administrator, feared by all excluding its own pair, Loki. parallelzero is bffs with Arcanine, Morkula, Lightning, Ausaudriel, Sonic Thrust, Aegis and Klippy. It's best you not send the admin any messages regarding ROM hacking or the like, for it has no clue what to do in that area. Also, parallelzero is the maintainer of the Bishie Thread, where you can claim your favorite characters. If one would like to arrange a Pokemon battle, one may contact this admin through PM, to arrange at their own convenience.

Aha. Just joking, that line isn't actually there.

You're so sneaky, not displaying your signature and then putting it in the actual post just so you can make magic words appear under it. Yeah, I know what you're doing. >:C

Anyway the moderators here are generally the best you'll get wherever you go. I've been in plenty of other forums where the mods were complete horsecrap. Just because you get frustrated with one doesn't mean the rest are all silly like that one. :>

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • This thread, forever. not about the moderators but the OP looks really dumb which I find funny

Also, yeah, its been said over and over, read the rules before posting.

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    What fun would a mod be if he was serious business 24/7?

Personally, I have to say I love whatever mod posted the GIF.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • As one of PC's many former moderators, I know how annoying it is to see the same rule broken over and over again. You eventually come to develop a sarcastic, almost sadistic sense of humor, and employ it in doing your job. It's nothing personal, and I'm fairly certain the mod in question would be more than willing to help you if you hadn't posted in the proper location. XD

Zet

Years
  • gosh you people are such <insert angry word here>. You scared OP away, I really hope you're proud of yourselves >:(

and kid, you'll find this crap on the internet, no matter where you go. So man up and post in the right forum next time :3

Stairmaster

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    If I were Luke I probably would have answered the question, but saying "cool story bro" doesn't make him a jackass... If you had read the rules then there wouldn't be any "story" to comment on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back