• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Why did you??

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    To thoughs who have restarted there games. Why did you restarat like what was your reason to get a different starter or why?

I restarted mine out of boredom yeah i mean it was worth it xP

lordbahamut

Nyuuu~! Perfect Apple!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    Your post isn't understandable. But I deciphered it, I guess. I did restart Pearl two to three times because I wasn't satisfied with my character's starting pokémon and didn't like how I named my hero and my rival.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I restarted my Diamond a long time ago because I corrupted it with a bad AR code! ^.^. Every time I went to Jubilife that scene when you helped Dawn/Lucas battle the Galactic Grunts it froze because I entered the re battle gym leaders code. It made me afraid of Action Replay after that.

Annuhh5

White and nerdy.
    Years
    i keep getting bored with it once I get to the 8th gym
    plus there's too many new pokes that i want to try out
    :P

Years
    My diamond has never been restarted but my pearl has several time cause i train 6 different pokemon and i do the game with 6 different pokemon every time So i have like after 3 pearl games i have 18 dif pokemon that r all on high levels

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I got sick of Torterra too be honest, and there was absoluetly nothing too do. I hate contests so that is a no no, stuff getting all the Pokemon. I had breed and raised about 100 lv 100's and I got sick of picking berry's, henceforth whenever I beat the E4 and catch all the Legendarys I tend too restart straight away.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2008
    Well I had too many boxes full of just random things on my diamond - so instead of releasing them all I just restarted and then traded all my Shinys across from Pearl, now I have all the space I need :)

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    First off, I never restart games that have trained Pokemon in them. I just don't like wasting all that effort.

So when I get the chance to restart(ie. when I've traded everything away), it's because I want to go through again and get some more TM's and other items.

Though with the first and second generation games, my file was erased on several occassions due to the glitches(or so I thought). So I'd just start over hoping I'd be fine the next time.

As for Diamond & Pearl, I only resetted Pearl twice in order to trade over the two starters I didn't choose in Diamond. Other than that, I haven't restarted either since.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I have both games and I've only restarted Diamond a few times out of boredom. I didn't care for the starters; I wanted to level up some 'mons and kill some time while playing through the story again.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I've only restarted Diamond once, and that was only because I needed some time to kill while I was out of the country. I wouldn't have otherwise.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    I decided that my teams were unbalanced in either types(two Ponytas and a Prinplup,Gyarados,Staravia and Roselia) or levels( a level 47, 35, 32 and 3 level 20-)

lordbahamut

Nyuuu~! Perfect Apple!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    My excuse is sort of lame. I got tired of my main characters name so I restarted so I could get a new one. XD

It's not lame. The name of your character IS important. It defines who you are playing after all. If you give it a name you like, you'll be connected the the journey even more.

Back