• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why do people hate fillers?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Filler is such a broad term ;-;. Sometimes filler is a one off episode, othertimes it's a string of episodes, sometimes its an entires 30 arc series.

To me, filer is only bad if it contradicts or interrupts the main canon arcs (ie, some of Bleach's filler arcs). One off filler episodes are easily skipped, I normally avoid the silly ones, but otherwise just sit back and relax! It doesn't really matter if it's not in the manga you read two years ago, as long as it's interesting/entertaining and doesn't clash in anyway :).

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I don't really like most filler arcs or episodes, but there are some here and there ones that I actually enjoy. I enjoyed most of the Bleach fillers for example, but cared only for two of the Naruto filler arcs. The only time fillers really bother me though is when I have to watch it on tv, most of the series I watch are more or less finished or on hiatus so they aren't releasing new episodes anyways.

Years
  • It ruins my canon hype and they are so much non-canon that it makes me want to kill myself. Bleach sucked heavily with fillers. Only one "acceptable" filler was the Zanpakuto arc.

I thought the Bount arc was decent.

Okay, that's a lie, the Bount arc was the reason I quit Bleach for two years. But the episode they were trying to figure out the impostor was Hilarious.

I'm siding with the Naruto filler people. I mean, we have one episode a week. One. And just when the battle gets good or someone drops a bombshell then we get some irrelevance for ten-plus episodes. I don't remember a Naruto filler I did enjoy. This is why I stick to the manga people.

Back