• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why do we ROM-hack?

Do you love hacking? Please be honest......

• Yeah, I sure do!

Votes: 598 91.7%
  • Nah... Not interested...

Votes: 39 6.0%
  • I Just Wanna Play Hacks

Votes: 15 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Reason: Mapping is very fun! I love using tiles from Pokemon. It has you be creative! Which is what I like! =3

chelly1107

The Unseen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2014
    i'm taking a game designing course in college. Its to improve my story-making skills, map making, and for fun^_^

Donutprince

Text editor
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2009
    Why do i hack?
    its sort of like coolboyman with out the nintedo call but mines more recent ish
    well when i was 10 i finally got my first video game :( but that's not the point
    2 months later i bought fire red (which is why i mostly hack fire red) and i can still rember how i wished i could edit it and change the random sayings that nintendo made people say infact b4 i learned about hacking i was planing a game out (i don't know why but it was for emrald) that would be called pokemon- *pokemon dramatic music*sand stone
    so i just been hooked ever since i downloaded vba

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
    Years
  • I like.

I like to hack bacause; My dream was to create my own game, featuring things by me.
    Regardless If im good at It or not.
    However It does get annoying, so I have to take breaks now and then.

UltraXTheMagmaDrapion

I regret most of my past behavior here lol.
    Years
  • I like hacking because it is awesome and i enjoy it. And also because i love the idea of sometime, being well known (Whether just here or over the internet) for being the creator of an awesome game.You may not have seen it just yet, but soon my first hack thread will be posted!

Poke_a_Dialga!

EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ
    Years
  • I've always dreamt of making my own game and this fullfilled (<- did i spell that rite?) my dream.

toniblade

Pokemon Rusty Gold - Maker
    Years
  • I really love hacking and learning to hack. When I learn something new it feels so great. I just love it!

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
  • Yes,Hacking is all fun and makes you feel happy for your creative and hardwork.
    3374215513_e3b947309e_o.jpg

Suro

Pokemon Hall of Fame spriter
    Years
  • Its feeling of making something great like when spending lots of time making a game, putting all your ideas into it then looking back saying 'i made that game' and other people like its even better. Ive only just started hacking recently after looking on the internet to see if nintendo was going to make a g/s remake then google showed me zels shiny gold and pokecommunity and i thought would try and learn to make an awsome game like shiny gold or DJG's ruby destiny series

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • I like to hack because........
    I'm creative......
    And I've been doing it for 3-4 months now!
    It separates me and my family apart. I think i'm going to come out with a Pokemon Diamond devamp.

Sloofish

★Cannibal Psycho Soft For Pkmn
    Years
  • Because Pokémon doesn't have enough Pokémon(Sure, please. LMAO)

Because there aren't enough original stories with original characters. Because when I get older--I want it to be darker, grungier and meaner. Because you don't often see it from Team Rocket's point of view and because just face it, you'll never be able to catch a trainer in the wild and then teach them funny sounding attacks without ROM hacking.

Everything I wanna see in the game? I have the power to do it so why not? I think it also teaches a lot of people about trial and error--and sheer effort becoming worthwhile. When you see something, wonder why no one else has thought of it or invented it---and YOU have the power to do it yourself, it asks the question "will you or won't you?"

It's not just GBA ROMS, it's Fakémon toys, Doujinshi for Fakémon Manga, Fakémon sketches and Fakémon card trading. It's just fun..!

My Cyndaquil is on Fire!

is HFI's lil' bro
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2009
    The reason why I hack is I love pokemon games and I always wanted to make my own game so what can I do to complete my wishes?
    ROM Hacking!

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2009
    I actually do it for fun. My friend got into Mario hacking so I decided to make Pokemon hacks.

I actually started soon after I found out about WaH, which was a couple of years ago. At the time, I only knew how to do simple text/map edits. Now, since I'm more computer-savvy than I was back then, I'm getting into the more complex things such as replacing graphics and scripting events.

I also feel as if the official Pokemon games get boring after a while, so I want to make a game that's challenging, but at the same time, fun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back