• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why do we ROM-hack?

Do you love hacking? Please be honest......

• Yeah, I sure do!

Votes: 598 91.7%
  • Nah... Not interested...

Votes: 39 6.0%
  • I Just Wanna Play Hacks

Votes: 15 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Binary

え?
Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Yeah, I sure love hacking, but sometimes I can get lazy and not touch a single rom for weeks XD.
    But I personally love hacking.

Swampertrulz

Kicking a$$ since never
    Years
  • i hacked once but then restarted my game. hacking doesnt really prove anything. it doesnt prove how good you are. no one really cares about your hacked shiny lv 100 lugia with 999 stats and pkrs. to me it just shows that your weak, impatient and lazy

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I hack...because....it....Darn...
    Houston, we have a problem.
    Words have left my brain.
    Hacking is just fun..to me...
    Shame some people don't even know WHAT TYPE OF HACKING we're talking about.
    Sorry about that...I was just pissed...
    Back on topic.

Hacking is my hobby sort of...
    Writing fanfics gets boring sometimes...
    And when Dark Daroach keeps slaying you in Kirby, it's sad...
    But hacking is fun...
    FUN!

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    i hacked once but then restarted my game. hacking doesnt really prove anything. it doesnt prove how good you are. no one really cares about your hacked shiny lv 100 lugia with 999 stats and pkrs. to me it just shows that your weak, impatient and lazy

you are not that smart are you?
    If you have bothered to look around and see the hacks, none of them would have level 100, 999 stat pokemon starters, you buffoon.
    almost all of the hacks here are serious and this post, to me, has shown everyone that you are low on intelligence and, what you called other hackers, lazy.You are lazy because you didn't even bother to look at the threads.
    You will eat your words once you play pokemon ruby destiny: ruby legend.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • He doesn't need to play Destiny Legends to see that...He may as well play one of the slightly-not-as-good ones and his words will turn into swords that stab himself...
    And he uses hacks.

Remember folks!
    Hacking isn't using hacks!
    AND IT'S FUN!

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • He doesn't need to play Destiny Legends to see that...He may as well play one of the slightly-not-as-good ones and his words will turn into swords that stab himself...
    And he uses hacks.

Remember folks!
    Hacking isn't using hacks!
    AND IT'S FUN!

Correct, hacking is fun :)

I hack cuz I wanna -_- got a problem? lol Nah but hackin is fun, I'm just learnin how to script and then once I can do that, I'll start on a project, whether it's mine or someone elses, to put it to use an challenge myself more.
    Scripting is fun so far anyway -_- :P

Sacred Dragon

Yes, that's a Mewtwo
    Years
  • This is why we hack

I don't really remember how I found out about Pokemon hacking, but once I did, I've been hacking pretty much ever since. It really helps me to not be bored all the time like I usually am. Bessides...it's just fun to do. Making your own game, helping to make a game, etc. is just so fun. Just being able to, I don't know, make something new, that you can come up with on your own, that other poeple can be a part of and enjoy. It's just awesome! :D

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • I started hacking because i played the beta of prism and thought 'wouldnt it be awesome if i could do something like that!'
    and that's how it started
    i saw the people with the threads that were like 'can someone do XXX for me?' and made sure i wasnt like that, but instead i said 'can someone link me a tutorial / tell me how to do XXX' and from the help of people on here (iiMarckus + Cooley mainly) i got to grips with a lot of the stuff.

I hack because i think i can see problems / money grabbing marketing tactics with nintendo's games and decided to be one of the people that tries to make it different and share it with others rather than complain and do nothin :)

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
    Years
  • What's the best C++ Complier for Win98SE. I got the source code for SMB Utility. And I'm gonna continue to make ISD SMB Util based on their current Japanese version for future use. Also, I am attempt to make GUI Languages to both English and Japanese.

I may be ROM-Hacking for 3 years and STILL never hack a Pokemon game yet, but I wanna learn some C++ other than doing some ASCII text like on my first release on ISD SMB Util.

I wan't everyone to support hacking SMB2 Japanese for FDS.

ArchsageX

The greatest sage.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2013
    I hack because it's a way for me to bide my time with something I enjoy while waiting for something somewhat eventful to happen.

Hat?

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2008
    you are not that smart are you?
    If you have bothered to look around and see the hacks, none of them would have level 100, 999 stat pokemon starters, you buffoon.
    almost all of the hacks here are serious and this post, to me, has shown everyone that you are low on intelligence and, what you called other hackers, lazy.You are lazy because you didn't even bother to look at the threads.
    You will eat your words once you play pokemon ruby destiny: ruby legend.

What Swampertrulz said sounds like he meant using a cheat device to alter the RAM, instead of hacking the ROM, but that's still classed as hacking something!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back