• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

why do you create /start a hack

M.L

Invisible
Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    I know alot of people who starts a hack but i wanna know why ?

Why do you create a hack because its fun, because you can because you want resepct why?

I would like to hear what you have to say..?

honestly why i started my hack id because i want a succsefull hack, one i can be proud of yes i would love it to become ''famous'' XD lol not really just well known :)

so can you tell me why do you creat hacks?

Last edited:

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Primarily, a want to tell a story. A want to create a Pokemon game unlike those that are official is also a reason.

However, if you want to go really far back, I originally wanted to hack simply because I saw videos of other people's hacks. Yeah, for one reason or another, whenever I see someone do something, I always want to make my own version of it, or otherwise somehow do something similar by myself. Yes, I am a very unoriginal person so instead I must copy whatever I see others doing.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    I'm with colcolstyles on this one. I'm an aspiring game developer, and I'm studying Computer Science. If you put those two together (and an interest in Pokemon), then you get Pokemon hacking! It's a really fun and unique "creative outlet."

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    well number #1 its fun. I enjoy the product of the mapping and when a huge script I just play around with comes together

and the 2nd is because I personally think there shud be a Nintendo should of made a game like this but they didnt. so I just think it'd be fun to at least attempt to do it.

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    It's been a dream of mine for many years, it's a fun creative outlet, and it's a nice way to kill time.

ALSO: This article might be of some use to you.
    lol sorry about the spelling and such :) i kinda use mxit and i tend to wright as fast and easily as possible with in fact i then shorten words and such hmmm lol sorry

and the 2nd is because I personally think there shud be a Nintendo should of made a game like this but they didnt. so I just think it'd be fun to at least attempt to do it.
    i agree here you know how awsome it would be if nintendo chose hacks of this site to develope on a a cartridge lol it would be awsome :) yet its already out and free
    they should recruit some of us as we have created some better hacks than FR/LG R/E/S in my opinion :)

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
    Years
  • Why i start a hack??
    well because i want to do something unique and awesome!
    i want to tell a story not one ninendo gave me but a story i give!
    and i want maybe someday be famous internetwise like WesleyFG and other's!
    or at least i want that when people read my username that they know who i am.!

Putin

Anspruchsvolle Narr
    Years
  • Well, around August or September every year, people I know are going back to school, have siblings that are going back to school or have children that are going back to school, and that's typically when the drama starts. If I'm not already working on an hack, I do it as a way to relieve stress and pass the time between two in the morning and seven in the morning when I'm the only one awake on weekdays (I'm also an insomniac, among other mental quirks).

As for how I come up with an idea; In the past I've generally roled with taking my interests, and putting them into a Pokemon game that follows canon logic (you are a kid with a ridiculously sappy fate that gets a monster and goes on your quest to thwart evil and become the chief of police or whatever the league champ corresponds to IRL). I recently started doing work for an actual community to judge and such (not this community), though, which I find more demanding and challenging but also more rewarding; However, I basically got my ideas from that very community, with those that took off the most being one based on the glitches and rumours in Red version (and later the reconstruction of the Orange Isles, which I am almost finish with and which will mark the completion of that hack), and one that is a run-of-the-mill "creepypasta" game, one that is made with obvious malice toward whomever happens to be playing the game and is designed to be excessively chilling. So I've had my hands full trying to actually accomplish these larger-than-average projects for about nine months now.

I guess I also have a passing interest in computer science, but it's always taken a backseat to physics and artistic interests.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    I usually hack to make a game I love. I'm kind of a DIY person, so I'll make a game to like it.

Liquid Twilight

Super Geek
    Years
  • To be completely honest I have a few reasons which I hack. I usually start a hack with a hope to create something original and fun which everyone will love. I do too want to become famous within the hacking scene. XD.

Another reason of mine is that I hack to learn more. Learning about the particular game I am working on and learning about the system in general.

Finally I hack as a creative output which may not always be productive for me but it is something that I really enjoy.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • To be completely honest I have a few reasons which I hack. I usually start a hack with a hope to create something original and fun which everyone will love. I do too want to become famous within the hacking scene. XD.

Another reason of mine is that I hack to learn more. Learning about the particular game I am working on and learning about the system in general.

Finally I hack as a creative output which may not always be productive for me but it is something that I really enjoy.
    We both have the same reasons - I also hack because I want to learn how the game I hack works (and so little by little get deeper and deeper in rom hacking). Besides, I want to create a fun game for people to play but also for myself.

hackerofdarkness

I have return
    Years
  • I just like to hack,because,well I want to write a story then add the core features,into it,plus it has limits,which bring about a challange and who dosen't like a challange.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 11, 2012
    I create hacks because I am creative, its fun, and I like entertaining others :D

Mageofange

FFX Maniac
    Years
  • I agree with colcolstyles here. I hack because it's a great creative outlet. It's a good way to tell a story, and I've always wanted to have my very own Pokémon game!

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • It all started long ago in the mythical land of YouTube...

I was looking at videos for some strange reason when my eyes dawned on some dude's channel where he made these small and strange scenarios which almost made me giggle. Then I looked at the "Related Videos" section and saw trailers for other hacks. I thought that it would be super cool to make my own and become famous (yes, I was narrow minded). I spent a lot of time searching until I found here, where i decided to lay the groundwork for my hack. Ever since then, I cared less for fame and more for the burning desire inside of me to make a hack. Now I just want to complete the hack and make the dream I had a reality. Screw fame, it's all about dreams now.

tl;dr: I saw Youtube, made me wanna hack, I'm here now

Years
  • Im starting my hack because i wanna break away from the standard pokemon theme, you know attaining badges and beating elite four, no i want to put a different story line.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    People hack because they can. It's something to do and it's great when it works.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Because I really love making games that others will remember and enjoy.

Simmy93

Aspiring Emulator
    Years
  • I just always dreamt of having my -own- Pokémon game in which I could put all the ideas I had when playing the proper ones. Like i'd be playing and go, "What if they did.." Now I have a chance to! That and it's actually a fun way to kill time!

Back