• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Why I think HG/SS won't meet it's expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2009
    Even if Gamefreak got like 5% of all money made from these games, they'd still be making millions. These people are not poor. They are stinking rich. And they aren't just changing colours and adding sprites. That is a serious understatement.
    OH you get my point, obviously with the well-developed originals there's less work to be done.

Still, they're probably forced to make more games by their publisher (That's nintendo) just as Music Artists are forced to make more music by their labels.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    theres tons of room in each pocket, i have never run out of room in any of my pockets
    and there is no "where does this go" the items goes in the pockets automatically
    and like i said: if your looking for a certain thing, you can just touch the picture
    Pokeballs? Picture of a pokeball of coarse.
    key items? picture of key!! geddit?

its kind of sad if you slaved and suffered flipping through endless paes and pages just to find a potion lmfao

and if you don't like the new pokemon, you aren't required to use them
    we aren't in sinnoh this time. we're in johto, build your team with johto pokemon

Overdose of Nostalgia is dangerous
    possibly even deadly
    The Doctor recommends you take it in smaller servings /high

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2009
    theres tons of room in each pocket, i have never run out of room in any of my pockets
    and there is no "where does this go" the items goes in the pockets automatically
    and like i said: if your looking for a certain thing, you can just touch the picture
    Pokeballs? Picture of a pokeball of coarse.
    key items? picture of key!! geddit?

its kind of sad if you slaved and suffered flipping through endless paes and pages just to find a potion lmfao

and if you don't like the new pokemon, you aren't required to use them
    we aren't in sinnoh this time. we're in johto, build your team with johto pokemon

Overdose of Nostalgia is dangerous
    possibly even deadly
    The Doctor recommends you take it in smaller servings /high

But with the original pokemon games, there was no extra menu, you were brought immediately to the list of items. That's simpler

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    OH you get my point, obviously with the well-developed originals there's less work to be done.

Still, they're probably forced to make more games by their publisher (That's nintendo) just as Music Artists are forced to make more music by their labels.

If you were given the opportunity to make an awesome game for a massive share of profit, you wouldn't turn the offer down. That is the only point I'm making. All of your points are actually quite valid and true. They just don't go against anything I have said.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2009
    If you were given the opportunity to make an awesome game for a massive share of profit, you wouldn't turn the offer down. That is the only point I'm making. All of your points are actually quite valid and true. They just don't go against anything I have said.
    Well, you said you'd make one good game and then retire, that's what I'm fighting against. They'd probably try to make you make more games.

...Or just take the rights to them.... nevermind...

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    But with the original pokemon games, there was no extra menu, you were brought immediately to the list of items. That's simpler

i should have said this before but
    we aren't getting a remake of the original games hun

we're getting a remake of Gold, Silver, and Crystal

Back in the day, we only had one pocket, these days, we have more space and organization, we don't have to worry about picking up an item only to discover we can't fit it in. how is that simple? now all we have to do is grab a item, and thats the end of it. if we want to get an item out, we have convienient little pictures to show us which pocket is for what.
    its organized, therefore easier to find things

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Well, you said you'd make one good game and then retire, that's what I'm fighting against. They'd probably try to make you make more games.

...Or just take the rights to them.... nevermind...

Yeah, exactly, they are making one good game (well two games with minimal differences). Let be honest with ourselves here. Pokemon games are about the only good games Gamefreak makes. Hence its fame. But I didn't say anything about retiring afterward. Don't know where you got that idea from.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2009
    i should have said this before but
    we aren't getting a remake of the original games hun

we're getting a remake of Gold, Silver, and Crystal

Which had less pockets. Items/Balls/Key Items/TM-HM

Platinum has Items/Medicine/Pokeballs/TM-HM/Berries/Mail/Battle Items/Key Items

SO, it's simpler in G/S/C. Assuming you aren't using a pokeball, you only have to deal with the Items pocket. In Platinum, you have to deal with Berries AND Medicine AND battle items AND items. That's too many, IMHO. That's why I said even though it had the excess features, G/S/C was a nice balance between too many and too little.

Yeah, exactly, they are making one good game (well two games with minimal differences). Let be honest with ourselves here. Pokemon games are about the only good games Gamefreak makes. Hence its fame. But I didn't say anything about retiring afterward. Don't know where you got that idea from.
    Sorry, read it wrong. It sounded like you were going to retire in france with your GF, when I first read it.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    And how often do you go to all of those pockets?
    You talk about it like you had suffered to figure out where anything is
    Honestly
    When you first started the game, how hard was it really to find anything??

Your nostalgia is at dangerous levels
    It really does sound like your just afraid of change

/patpat

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2009
    And how often do you go to all of those pockets?
    Honestly

Your nostalgia is at dangerous levels
    It really does sound like your just afraid of change

/patpat
    Well, now that I've beaten the game, I don't play it, but I remember going through the 1337 4, it was constant switching between this pocket and the other (Specifically, berries and.... medicine? wherever the freaking potions were.)

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
    Years
    Sorry for barging in and what not...just stating my opinion on this...
    But I can't count how many times I was upset when 'the bag is full...' [Just finidhed playing Crystal]. That gets old after awhile. No need to complain about a bigger bag...they're just helping you out so don't need to toss away items every time the bag is full. Adapt, its not that hard.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Well, now that I've beaten the game, I don't play it, but I remember going through the 1337 4, it was constant switching between this pocket and the other (Specifically, berries and.... medicine? wherever the freaking potions were.)
    you had to heal your pokemon, you would have had to look for potion in any other game
    it isn't that difficult
    if it was, thats sad

Honestly

well?

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2009
    you had to heal your pokemon, you would have had to look for potion in any other game
    it isn't that difficult
    if it was, thats sad

well?
    You missed the point.

The point was that sometimes you don't need a potion, because you only need a 10HP boost. So you use an oran berry and conserve potions.

Other times you need the extra boost and use a potion.

So instead of just going up and down in the same pocket, I have to switch pockets in Platinum.

Oh yeah, sorry. I forgot that mistyping "thought" as "thougt" made the entire post illegible.

Either way, the point still stands.
    Your point is no longer valid when it becomes no longer valid. I went on a freaking vacation, when I came back I didn't want to surf (see what I did there) through every freaking comment, so I took the ones I saw. Have you failed to see what I've been doing for the last 30 minutes, at least?

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    So instead of just going up and down in the same pocket, I have to switch pockets in Platinum.

Personally, I find that easier :\ You just have to press left or right instead of up or down. How, exactly, is that harder?

Your point is no longer valid when it becomes no longer valid. I went on a freaking vacation, when I came back I didn't want to surf (see what I did there) through every freaking comment, so I took the ones I saw. Have you failed to see what I've been doing for the last 30 minutes, at least?

Fair enough, i just thought it was a little odd that you only responded to one of the less valid criticisms

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Various People in This Thread said:
    ANGRY ON THE INTERNET!

Calm down, guys.

Even though I am VERY Excited about HG/SS, I will still like My Crystal Version more. It has less to do with simplicity and more to do with the game as a whole. I can't really explain it... It's quite complicated... I don't know if other people understand what I'm talking about... but there is "Something" about the Originals that will make me continue playing them. What that "Something" is, though, is a complete mystery to me.

I play My Blue and Yellow far more than I play my LeafGreen, and it will probably be the same with Silver and Crystal once HG/SS are released.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Honestly, why do the game makers think people care that berrys don't have their own pocket?

They just need to let some things be.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Left and right isn't instead of up/down, you still have scrolling to do from there.

And 100th reply! whoo!

That makes it sooooooooo much more difficult doesn't it?
    You have to suffer through countless unneeded pages and pages of different categories
    It's so confusing!!!1!!11. @_@

How dare they!

That's Terrible

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back